Hawthorn membership tally 2015 - 70,000 plus loose change!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

After receiving an email 2 weeks ago from Hawthorn saying my pack has been posted, I'm still waiting for mine :mad:
Steven Tyler must've been a bad boy this year :(
Just got home from work to see my wife standing there with my membership pack in her hand!
Steven Tyler was a good boy this year :thumbsu:

We should count ourselves lucky with what our footy club has given us, and respect the fans of clubs like saints and doggies. They have stuck fat with the club without any ultimate success and with that also comes the difficulty in attracting new fans.

We should never take anything for granted.

Merry Christmas.

*This post is not directed at you Dinsdale.

Very true. When I first became a member (junior) of The Hawthorn Football Club, we didn't even number 3,000, and look at us now. I think the struggling Saints have reason to be proud.

We should count ourselves lucky with what our footy club has given us, and respect the fans of clubs like saints and doggies. They have stuck fat with the club without any ultimate success and with that also comes the difficulty in attracting new fans.

We should never take anything for granted.

Merry Christmas.

*This post is not directed at you Dinsdale.

Didn't think it was mate, mine was a genuine comment not a troll :) Two of my best mates are Saints members, and another is a Melbourne member, and they've stuck by their clubs in the dark days, as have I with my 20year membership pack arriving on Xmas eve :)

Membership total of 55,316 at Xmas ,which is up by 5,308 from last year. :thumbsu:

Total membership for the month of Dec was 8,663 which was slightly down from previous Dec of 10,167 .

January is usually a quiet month only 3097 signed up last year.

Membership total of 55,316 at Xmas ,which is up by 5,308 from last year. :thumbsu:

Total membership for the month of Dec was 8,663 which was slightly down from previous Dec of 10,167 .

January is usually a quiet month only 3097 signed up last year.

True, most people are rollovers or buy them in time for presents. No games in January or major club events, so little reason for people to be stimulated to purchase if they hadn't pre-planned to purchase in January. Let's hope though on the back of back to back, we can sell another 6 or 7k.

Membership total 57,336 which is up by 5,821 :thumbsu:
That puts us about 9,000 ahead of Richmond but about 5,000 behind Collingwood. Don't know why I bothered checking but my threshold for what's worth reading is getting lower (stuck home with the kids). Can't wait for the season to start (or even the pre-season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love how it keeps trending upwards relentlessly for about a decade.

Imagine being a club that was going sideways or even downwards in this era of exploding television audiences and dream team/supercoach. I feel this time of general growth now is a major opportunity that will not be repeated, resulting from increased coverage, exposure, and access to watching footy.
How fortunate as a club to have a burst of premierships in this decade.

It seems also that we have a rocking demographic of young families from 80s fans whose kids will now be cemented on too. I would expect us to get massive viewer ratings in about a decade, on a Collingwood type scale.

Love this club. A good age is coming.

Imagine being a club that was going sideways or even downwards in this era of exploding television audiences and dream team/supercoach. I feel this time of general growth now is a major opportunity that will not be repeated, resulting from increased coverage, exposure, and access to watching footy.

It seems also that we have a rocking demographic of young families from 80s fans whose kids will now be cemented on too. I would expect us to get massive viewer ratings in about a decade, on a Collingwood type scale.

Correct weight.

This era of brilliance could not have come at a greater time. Having grown up in the 80s, the joy of turning up every week knowing that your team would always be in the contest and most likely win was huge. These kids are having families now and their kids are viewing great times which will guarantee our place until 2040 at least.

The only criticism I have of our supporters is that we neglect to attend the non block buster matches. Perhaps tv is too much of a deterrent. The club has the resources to push crowd attendance... Remember in 1997 that battle of the memberships match v essendon at the g. 62k went to that game, to watch two struggling outfits. The promotion that week though was huge.

Two more flags (whilst extraordinarily difficult) would match our 80s glory period. Imagine...

Go Hawkies!!

KOLOKOTRONIS

I resemble this demographic.

Me too, bro. I honestly think most of us would.

Except that I'm more firmly cemented on than the lot of ya! ;-)

Just a hunch? Or is their factual reasoning to your prediction? Unless we introduce those collingwoodesque memberships (3 games etc) I think 80k is slightly out of reach. Hope I'm wrong

ΚOLOKOTRONIS
We do have 3 game memberships.

What we don't have is pet memberships like some opposition supporters think. Richmond on the other hand do. Possibly a few other clubs too.

We do have 3 game memberships.

What we don't have is pet memberships like some opposition supporters think. Richmond on the other hand do. Possibly a few other clubs too.

Oh I wasn't aware... The race to 80k then.. Would be a remarkable achievement. What we have achieved since 2004 is massive. However had we not had that last quarter in 2013 PF who knows...

Love you Hawkies!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Just a hunch? Or is their factual reasoning to your prediction? Unless we introduce those collingwoodesque memberships (3 games etc) I think 80k is slightly out of reach. Hope I'm wrong

ΚOLOKOTRONIS

We will spike a bit leading up to and after round 1, especially if we knock off the cats. A lot of people purchase memberships at games like myself! 80k may be stretching it but I think we are a good show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back