Hawthorn membership tally 2015 - 70,000 plus loose change!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no idea there was such a huge number of non-access memberships at other clubs, it really does misrepresent their total membership numbers.

The irony being that we were the ones who were known as the 'Pet membership club'!....Now there's a misnomer.....Speaking of which, how on earth do clubs get away with 'NON-ACCESS' memberships being counted in the final tally?....Surely a furphy if ever there was one!

The irony being that we were the ones who were known as the 'Pet membership club'!....Now there's a misnomer.....Speaking of which, how on earth do clubs get away with 'NON-ACCESS' memberships being counted in the final tally?....Surely a furphy if ever there was one!
They get away with it because it'd mean hawthorn are further ahead

In all seriousness did we ever have pet memberships? People always go on about it but I have no recollection of them :confused:

In all seriousness did we ever have pet memberships? People always go on about it but I have no recollection of them :confused:

No. It is just a thing they tossed around as a result of the massive spike in membership following the Merger thing. Ie. they must be signing up their dogs and cats. We'll probably be the last club to do it.

To be honest, I don't care about bying dogs, cats, or even bloody elephants membership tickets, but in reality, their memberships should be recorded as donations to the club; this would give a true view of memberships. Corporate ones purchased as part of a business promotion should also be categorized separately. Just my opinion!

Wonder how many are waiting to see how we go against Geelong before signing up?
Hopefully none as they all should have had good value over the last few years.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

digital members, i.e. those overseas who want AFL access pass to stream. you can affiliate this with a club
Ha! That's pretty funny. I asked the same question, but didn't realise i'm actually non-access as I live overseas at the moment.

Would be interesting to see the non-access broken into categories (i.e. pet vs overseas vs other types (which I'm sure exist). I like to think of myself as more of a member than a cat...

Ha! That's pretty funny. I asked the same question, but didn't realise i'm actually non-access as I live overseas at the moment.

Would be interesting to see the non-access broken into categories (i.e. pet vs overseas vs other types (which I'm sure exist). I like to think of myself as more of a member than a cat...
Further to this, WCE have a lot of non-access members as they have a waiting list for reserved seat memberships due to the limited capacity of the stadium. Its still a yearly fee to be on the waiting list, circa 3-4 years

To be honest, I don't care about bying dogs, cats, or even bloody elephants membership tickets, but in reality, their memberships should be recorded as donations to the club; this would give a true view of memberships. Corporate ones purchased as part of a business promotion should also be categorized separately. Just my opinion!

well said

Membership update 66,806 up by 3,702

Members that signed in March is 4779 which is down by 1,014 from (March 20014)

Last year 2962 signed up in April, 1226 in May, 624 in June and 708 in July.

So we are looking to get to around 72K. for season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back