Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I support the right of a woman not to be preyed on by animals.
Same.

But thats just it, these two scenarios aren't even marginally alike, and you know it.

Essendon have been held to account by a governing body who think they did something wrong.

The two hawk players haven't even been found to have a case to answer.

Same.

But thats just it, these two scenarios aren't even marginally alike, and you know it.

Essendon have been held to account by a governing body who think they did something wrong.

Essendon players have been acquitted subject to appeal.

No they haven't!!! They were acquitted and it is going through an appeal process.

At present the Essendon players haven't done anything wrong under the court of law, much like the players on your list who have allegedly raped a woman.

By the way... 'Clean sport' and 'Rape' are poles apart mate. I don't give a s**t what team you support. If you think they're in the same category, then you really need a psychological assessment

I recall it was Essendon who self reported to ASADA and the AFL in February 2013. All the successive investigations stem from Essendon accusing themselves back then.
Essendon only "self reported" as they were tipped off by AD. This was to protect their own skin, * & AD. Nothing honest in all that, if anything it makes it worse.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Essendon only "self reported" as they were tipped off by AD. This was to protect their own skin, * & AD. Nothing honest in all that, if anything it makes it worse.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Likely true. But I was responding to a post that suggested that Essendon were accused when in reality they turned themselves in for an investigation.

I'm sure the context of this rape investigation would change somewhat if it was happening because the players turned themselves in for what they believe might have been a rape (as opposed to what has happened which is they have been accused by the girl and they have simply cooperated with police).

No they haven't!!! They were acquitted and it is going through an appeal process.
WADA are the governing body I'm talking about, not the AFL.

At present the Essendon players haven't done anything wrong under the court of law, much like the players on your list who have allegedly raped a woman.
The Essendon players were given infraction notices for anti-doping violations and sent to a tribunal.

The two Hawthorn players have not even been charged.

The cases are not even remotely alike.

By the way... 'Clean sport' and 'Rape' are poles apart mate. I don't give a s**t what team you support. If you think they're in the same category, then you really need a psychological assessment
Which is exactly what I've already said. Derp.

Last edited:
Yes. That's what happened. You can try and word it however you like, but the reality of the situation is unchanged. Your point?
The AFL 'acquiting' one of its own clubs is not exactly the sort of finding that carries with it an aura of integrity.

The AFL 'acquiting' one of its own clubs is not exactly the sort of finding that carries with it an aura of integrity.
You can think that all you like. Fact is they were acquitted. As I said, you can word it however you like. Them's the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying that the judges in question are corrupt?

Presumption of innocence in your mind only applies to hawthorn players. On the one hand you are saying that Hawthorn's players should not be treated as guilty because they haven't been charged / convicted and on the other hand you are saying that Essendon's players should be treated as guilty despite being acquitted of the charges. On that logic I assume you also think that Majak Daw is a rapist despite being acquitted.

Pure hypocrisy.

If you'd like to discuss it further, there's a board for it. In the meantime, how's about we get back to the, much more serious, topic at hand.

100% right... I don't even know why the Essendon issue was bought up in this topic. Comparing chalk and cheese.

Diversion diversion diversion... that's all.

100% right... I don't even know why the Essendon issue was bought up in this topic. Comparing chalk and cheese.

It was bought up by an Essendon poster so yes you are correct - deflect, deflect, deflect.

Man, you really are a clown.

Go and have a look at who brought Essendon into the conversation.

If you'd like to discuss it further, there's a board for it. In the meantime, how's about we get back to the, much more serious, topic at hand.
I'm more than ok with that, maybe you could convince andrewb.

Man, you really are a clown.

Go and have a look at who brought Essendon into the conversation.
You did.

Same.

Are you saying that the judges in question are corrupt?

Presumption of innocence in your mind only applies to hawthorn players. On the one hand you are saying that Hawthorn's players should not be treated as guilty because they haven't been charged / convicted and on the other hand you are saying that Essendon's players should be treated as guilty despite being acquitted of the charges. On that logic I assume you also think that Majak Daw is a rapist despite being acquitted.

Pure hypocrisy.
No, I never said that.

Presumption of innocence applies with the two Hawks because as yet the Police have not laid a single charge against them, and the wider public know very little if any details.

The Bombers have had to answer infractions, a tribunal, and now an appeal by a higher party who think that they have a case to answer. And with the numerous pieces of information, the contradictions and the history of those involved at Essendon it's my opinion that they do indeed have a case to answer also.

Chalk and cheese.

So Andrew never made reference to Essendon when he quoted me? Really?
He brought up the ASADA thread and why your balanced attitude on this topic wasn't there. You then brought up the "good guys", ie the tribunal. He brought up the thread. You brought up the tribunal, and thus Essendon.

He brought up the ASADA thread and why your balanced attitude on this topic wasn't there. You then brought up the "good guys", ie the tribunal. He brought up the thread. You brought up the tribunal, and thus Essendon.
What a load.

You know as well I do that he brought Essendon in here to try and point score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back