Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I never said that.

Presumption of innocence applies with the two Hawks because as yet the Police have not laid a single charge against them, and the wider public know very little if any details.

The Bombers have had to answer infractions, a tribunal, and now an appeal by a higher party who think that they have a case to answer. And with the numerous pieces of information, the contradictions and the history of those involved at Essendon it's my opinion that they do indeed have a case to answer also.

Chalk and cheese.
Can't believe you can write that with a straight face. Maybe you didn't

Can't believe you can write that with a straight face. Maybe you didn't
Of course I can, do you really want me to explain why?

Simply put...

The Hawthorn case: two players with no prior history of sexual assault investigated. No charges laid as yet.

The Essendon case: Convicted drug trafficker and admitted steroid abuser supplies questionable Essendon sport scientist with drugs. Anti doping charges laid against 34 Essendon players, world anti-doping agency appeal 'acquittal', taking all 34 charges to the highest arbitration panel on the globe to get it overturned.

Maybe if the Hawk players were charged, or their managers tried to have the police investigation quashed via the courts I wouldn't be so strong in thinking it was fair to presume innocence.

Of course I can, do you really want me to explain why?

Simply put...

The Hawthorn case: two players with no prior history of sexual assault investigated. No charges laid as yet.

The Essendon case: Convicted drug trafficker and admitted steroid abuser supplies questionable Essendon sport scientist with drugs. Anti doping charges laid against 34 Essendon players, world anti-doping agency appeal 'acquittal', taking all 34 charges to the highest arbitration panel on the globe to get it overturned.

Maybe if the Hawk players were charged, or their managers tried to have the police investigation quashed via the courts I wouldn't be so strong in thinking it was fair to presume innocence.

How is the fact that the two players have no prior history of sexual assault more important than the fact that the woman in question has no prior history of falsely accusing people of sexual assault?

How is the fact that the two players have no prior history of sexual assault more important than the fact that the woman in question has no prior history of falsely accusing people of sexual assault?
I never said it was.

We were talking about the presumption of innocence of the players. Hence, their history was highlighted.

You're really struggling to land a punch.

I never said it was.

We were talking about the presumption of innocence of the players. Hence, their history was highlighted.

You're really struggling to land a punch.
At what point do you think that the presumption of innocence should be lost? When they are charged? Or when the prosecution appeals?

Man, you really are a clown.

Go and have a look at who brought Essendon into the conversation.

You brought it up! You call me a clown, yet you're still talking about a topic that isn't even remotely linked to the alledged sexual assault of a woman by two players from your football club.

When the Majak boards were doing the rounds, did you jump to his defence like you are in this situation, or did you assume guilt straight away because he was charged?

God help the poor bloke on trial when you draw the jury duty card one day... unless of course he happens to wear Brown and Gold stripes on a weekend.

You brought it up! You call me a clown, yet you're still talking about a topic that isn't even remotely linked to the alledged sexual assault of a woman by two players from your football club.

When the Majak boards were doing the rounds, did you jump to his defence like you are in this situation, or did you assume guilt straight away because he was charged?

God help the poor bloke on trial when you draw the jury duty card one day... unless of course he happens to wear Brown and Gold stripes on a weekend.
AndrewB brought ASADA and Essendon into this thread you clown.

At what point do you think that the presumption of innocence should be lost? When they are charged? Or when the prosecution appeals?
How about after they are charged, then their manager employs a spin doctor, the HFC claim that the players "didn't know what happened on the night, but knew they did nothing wrong", then the Detectives are taken to court on the basis that the players aren't happy that their statements are going to be held against them in court, so they testify that the investigation was unjust.

Yeah, if the fingers get pointed at them in a more pronounced way, charges are laid and they start to try to wriggle away from all responsibility in the accusations dubiously, then I reckon they'd start losing the presumption of innocence.

Another poster who thinks the two cases are even remotely similar.

Oh boy wowee.

My post had little to do with your hypocrisy over the recent Essendon case but your history of throwing out insinuations with no proof or charges laid by any governing body.

The hypocrisy is real.

I think we've done to death the very tenuous connection between allegations of sexual assault and overly trusting footballers led astray and treated like children by their football club.

Enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 2 questions; what stage is this at and was anyone actually charged? CBF reading the 70 pages

No one has been charged as yet. No idea what stage it is at really as there has been nothing publicly said about it from any of the parties involved for quite some time.

In all sexual assault related cases the details are withheld (by law) to protect the victims privacy. Even if players had been charged it doesn't mean the public will automatically know about it. The truth is we don't know whether any of the players interviewed have been charged. And even if they haven't, that's not to say it's over... the police can lay charges years after their initial questioning.

In all sexual assault related cases the details are withheld (by law) to protect the victims privacy. Even if players had been charged it doesn't mean the public will automatically know about it. The truth is we don't know whether any of the players interviewed have been charged. And even if they haven't, that's not to say it's over... the police can lay charges years after their initial questioning.

Well that's certainly not going to work for quite a few posters

Wouldn't bother anyway mate, most of it was deflected to conversation about Essendon and ASADA. Dunno why

And that conversation was initiated by a bomber poster but don't let facts get in the way

So maybe this is the same as the Essendon saga, well at least in relation to time frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back