Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happens, I hope it's your arse.

Are there laws against posting this type of allegation? What's the policy, Chief?
I don't seem to have gotten this alert.

You need to hit the REPORT link.

No, Martin said he couldn't remember anything. He didn't have a story.

Has anyone been quoted on that? Maybe it's the club's standard fallback position (also used during Angus Graham allegations). He didn't look paralytic in the photo he posed for earlier.

Has anyone been quoted on that? Maybe it's the club's standard fallback position (also used during Angus Graham allegations). He didn't look paralytic in the photo he posed for earlier.

KB said he admitted that he doesnt remember a thing because he was so drunk. That was a part of his apology.

That said, Im not sure if this is any better than all the EFC talk.

So the only news is there is no news. I assume the 2 players will be at the club doing all the things players do during the pre-season, and if they are good enough will be selected to play.

In all sexual assault related cases the details are withheld (by law) to protect the victims privacy. Even if players had been charged it doesn't mean the public will automatically know about it. The truth is we don't know whether any of the players interviewed have been charged. And even if they haven't, that's not to say it's over... the police can lay charges years after their initial questioning.

They haven't been charged, unless it has happened in the last few days. If they had, they would have gone through a filing hearing like every other person charged with an indictable offence and word would have got around very quickly (quite likely it would have got around well before then).

The laws relating to sexual offences protect the complainant's identity, not the person charged. In a situation where the accused are not family members of the victim, or publicly associated with them, it'd be very uncommon for there to be a prohibition order at this stage of proceedings (and even if there were, a generic identification of them as footballers would not breach it).

They haven't been charged, unless it has happened in the last few days. If they had, they would have gone through a filing hearing like every other person charged with an indictable offence and word would have got around very quickly (quite likely it would have got around well before then).

The laws relating to sexual offences protect the complainant's identity, not the person charged. In a situation where the accused are not family members of the victim, or publicly associated with them, it'd be very uncommon for there to be a prohibition order at this stage of proceedings (and even if there were, a generic identification of them as footballers would not breach it).

All true.

I hope you had a signed Costs Agreement before you gave this advice!

Robbo on SEN just said the investigation is over and no charges have/will be laid
Players were apparently told officially by Police a couple of weeks ago that they had no case to answer.

Was starting to wonder how that news would make it into the media.

Good to hear. Hopefully this is because it never happened and not because it couldn't be proved.
From player acquaintances, the two players certainly never moved away from the belief that nothing untoward or without consent took place.

Good to hear. Hopefully this is because it never happened and not because it couldn't be proved.

You will never know. But to some, it won't matter because in their sick and twisted minds, they want it to be true. And to those people, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was starting to wonder how that news would make it into the media.
Jabba_the_Hutt.png

Any chance of re-opening the Martin thread?

Robbo: There’s hair on this Dusty story
"Do you know that she handed her business card to a female waitress after the incident and said, ‘if anymore celebrities come here give me a buzz’ – why would she do that? I’ve heard that very, very strongly that she had to go on air and felt (from Channel 7) that she had to tell her story. Well, her story hasn’t quite stood up to what those early accusations were.

I thought he got slaughtered over this and I haven’t heard too many apologies since."

Yeah KB owes him a big time apology! He was absolutely savage wanting him out of the game for two years.

Co-incidence it came out today when the NRL is getting pillared after Pearce's silliness?

They get pillared, AFL release that two players that were accused have been found to have no case to answer

I don't think their names were widely known to the broader public anyway (I don't know their names, and I am a footy/gossip fiend). Credit to Hawthorn for keeping the matter respectful (to both parties). As for the AFL, they stage manage everything. They waited 2 days after the WADA findings to release the D.Martin punishment. Everything the AFL does is planned in advance these days, it has to be, it is a business first, an entertainment second.

I don't think their names were widely known to the broader public anyway (I don't know their names, and I am a footy/gossip fiend). Credit to Hawthorn for keeping the matter respectful (to both parties). As for the AFL, they stage manage everything. They waited 2 days after the WADA findings to release the D.Martin punishment. Everything the AFL does is planned in advance these days, it has to be, it is a business first, an entertainment second.
They were known - but that aside as you say all involved did a pretty good job keeping it relatively in-house and dog free.

They were known - but that aside as you say all involved did a pretty good job keeping it relatively in-house and dog free.

I think names were plastered all over here for at least a couple of weeks. The mods were pretty quick to remove them. Especially the clown linking to their Twitter account where they named them over and over (and apparently managed to get the names wrong as well).

I wonder if it is now okay to name the players, given they will not be charged...

Also, were the charges dropped due to lack of evidence, or due to the girl having a fling and regretting it the next day and accusing a player because her boyfriend found out (as was rumoured)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back