Review Hawthorn Video Highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching through Hawthorn23 's highlights of 2022's games, and it's interesting that when Worpel does something good, it is REALLY good. When he features in the highlights you'd think he was an All Australian Brownlow medalist named Norm Smith. But then you watch an entire game...

He was a bit maligned in the end, but if Huddo (Paul) was playing for us now, we'd be talking about some of these goals for months.

He was way more dual-sided than I remember - check out the goal at 7:05. Sandy Roberts even mistakenly calls him a left-footer at one point.

Anyway... Huddo - the definitive 'sharp-shooter' 90-96:

Last edited:

A few more to kill some off-season minutes -

Shayne Stevenson - unfortunately the broken leg goal footage doesn't seem to exist - but he kicked some good goals.

Brendan Krummel - took a bunch more hangers than I remember

The Big Fish - genius ruckman

Andy Gowers - some cracking marks

Stevie Lawrence - marking everything in sight and dobbing barrels in big finals from outside 50

Aaron Lord - loved a goal

The first time I heard someone use the term 'angry pills', they were talking about Anthony Condon

Andy Collins. What a man. Gun back pocket, destroyer of the resting rover, tackler extraordinaire and the under-rated third of Ayres Langford Collins.

Paul Punka Normie Dear. What a legend. Heart even bigger than his head. Put us on his giant shoulders and took us to glory in '91. Will never be forgotten.

Pritchard to Dunstall times infinity. Gun Taswegian. Gun wingman - the yin to Dipper's yang

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back