• Roughead

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Hodge

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-01-29/most-important-player-roughead-v-hodge

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-29/hawks-most-important

Great debate here. Been discussing this with my hawk and non-hawk mates and we can split them.

Two different types of importance. Roughead is important because of our structure, the key power forward who is good on the ground, can go in the middle and kicks goals. We don't really have a ready made replacement for him and would struggle to replace him.

Hodge probably isn't the most important player in our structure, but his leadership qualities are priceless and I would love someone to quantify how good his leadership is out on the ground in terms of goals. He sets up players and gets everyone on the same page.

Super difficult we lose either we are in massive trouble.

Rough so important to our structure

Hodge so important to making sure we structure up

I still have Hodge ahead based on how much he influences the game without ball in hand

It's like asking what's more important for your survival; water or food?
You could probably make an argument for one being more important than the other but take away either and you're just as ****** in the end.

Just to repeat something I posted earlier - a conversation before the 2014 Finals: with my mate, Andy:

Andy: "it's great that the most important player in our team is fit and available"
Davo23: "which one, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lewis or Roughead?"
Andy: "not the best player, the most important! Brian Lake, of course"

Davo23 bows to Andy!

It's like asking what's more important for your survival; water or food?
You could probably make an argument for one being more important than the other but take away either and you're just as ****** in the end.

Will there still be beer though?

If we had got past Collingwood in 2011 PF(which we should of:mad:) we would not of beaten Geelong without the Smooth!
That said an unfit Hodge was detrimental to our 2012 GF.
So in accordance with others here way too hard to split.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rough - as hard as that is to say we can cover Hodge adequately by shifting roles to Burgers / Mitch / Lewis / Shiels and Langford. We lose Roughead and we are relying on unproven talent and the forward structure doesn't gel as well when he is not there. We lost 2 from 2 minus the Rough last year and we looked all at sea in both of those games forward of the center.

Needless to say that those 2 games were 2 of our lowest scoring affairs all year. He straightens us up big time

Rough - as hard as that is to say we can cover Hodge adequately by shifting roles to Burgers / Mitch / Lewis / Shiels and Langford. We lose Roughead and we are relying on unproven talent and the forward structure doesn't gel as well when he is not there. We lost 2 from 2 minus the Rough last year and we looked all at sea in both of those games forward of the center.

Needless to say that those 2 games were 2 of our lowest scoring affairs all year. He straightens us up big time
We can cover Hodge in terms of structure, but not leadership

We can cover Hodge in terms of structure, but not leadership
Correct to a degree I think, the team is a very disciplined unit thanks in large to Hodge. Mitch and burgers would be adequate fill ins. We can't cover roughs leadership or position adequately in the forward line

Correct to a degree I think, the team is a very disciplined unit thanks in large to Hodge. Mitch and burgers would be adequate fill ins. We can't cover roughs leadership or position adequately in the forward line
this is probably what puts me 0.00001% more in the Rough camp

This

I was going to reply not really but then I started thinking about it, Mackie :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, Selwood :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:vomit:mad::mad:, Hawkins :mad::mad::mad::mad:, SJ :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:vomit twice:mad::mad::mad:, etc.
Motlop acts like a flog with that limp finger twirl after kicking a goal

Back