Strategy Hawthorn's new $50 million ULTRAMEGA COMPLEX of AWESOMENESS AND SUCCESS

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure the land is zoned as a green wedge. Dunno how or if this impacts any development or if the club can somehow lobby for re-zoning for a massive winfall like Bomber Thompson...

There's plenty of "green wedge" parkland that's been turned into sporting facilities...
MCG, RLA, Hisense Arena Hockey Centre, Glasshouse, Olympic Park...
It'll get through

There's plenty of "green wedge" parkland that's been turned into sporting facilities...
MCG, RLA, Hisense Arena Hockey Centre, Glasshouse, Olympic Park...
It'll get through
I'm not doubting for a second.
any difference between private green wedge and crown land?

Don't think they'd have got to this point without checking with the Vic Govt that they'd get the OK for it
18 months to perform due diligence.
Where else can you fine 28 hectares of land in established suburbia for a measly $7 million?
Mate it's cheap because you can't do anything with green wedge land outside of agriculture.

18 months to perform due diligence.
Where else can you fine 28 hectares of land in established suburbia for a measly $7 million?
Mate it's cheap because you can't do anything with green wedge land outside of agriculture.

Parkland is fine

Most of the 28 hectares will end up being grass - at least initially

At some point if it needs rezoning it'll happen - just get Jeff to run for Premier again

Parkland is fine

Most of the 28 hectares will end up being grass - at least initially

At some point if it needs rezoning it'll happen - just get Jeff to run for Premier again

I'm sure Jeff will get what Jeff wants regardless of whether he's in office or not. I'm sure Lord Mayor Doyle would be happy for Jeff to fill his boots.

Dingley is full of active and old land fills. The site Hawthorn is looking at is an old land fill. The residents of Dingley and Clayton are always complaining about the bad smell from rotting landfill. Hope they don't build a complex there - then complain about the smell as though it's a new thing. On the other hand they can stick some pipes in the ground and extract the methane to power/heat the complex. So there's that.

I've marked in the rough boundary of the site on openstreetmap for those who don't know where it is. Search for Tootal Rd, Dingley. (Might take a few hours for the update to filter through the servers.)

Depends on the council.

If they are accommodating, green wedge will be an obstacle but not a huge one.

Think the air quality will be the biggest issue.

This will be a mess due to a small community group who've opposed several proposals previously

Then I wouldn't be surprised if stkilda bob up to have a whinge due to it being in "their" area

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky we've got 18 months to do due diligence on the area then after reading all the concerns regarding landfill, air quality, smell, and community groups uproar etc
just another example of prudent management. no need to worry much we are in good hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back