Remove this Banner Ad

ssfc0203

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
IC, SAC (Titans), EC, Daredevils
Got a niggly question you want the answer to? Need advice? ASK HERE!

I'll start off: Best temporary remedies for a cough (remnants of laryngitis) ? I'm coughing my lungs out here.. help!

Got a niggly question you want the answer to? Need advice? ASK HERE!

I'll start off: Best temporary remedies for a cough (remnants of laryngitis) ? I'm coughing my lungs out here.. help!

Gargle warm salty water. Seriously.
Pretty sure my mother made me do this when I was a kid (maybe it was her being cruel, who knows) and I'm pretty sure it a) helped me cough up anything left, and b) eventually eased the cough a bit.

Ahhk. I tried this Betadine gargle thing .. tasted worse than tinned tuna :eek:

Also, I inhaled a large volume of Bromine Water fumes in Chem today. Anything for that? :)

Also, I inhaled a large volume of Bromine Water fumes in Chem today. Anything for that? :)

You probably did that deliberately, you kids of today, always chasing the next "high", experimenting with this, that and the other, where will it all end, that's what i'd like to know???

:D

Someone here must know of Bromine water fumes being inhaled? I found nothing doing a google search.

You probably did that deliberately, you kids of today, always chasing the next "high", experimenting with this, that and the other, where will it all end, that's what i'd like to know???
It was like inhaling a mixture of chlorine + petrol + bleach + iodine.

Definitely not a high.

Vick's what?

Vics:
GALL_VICS_SS5_gallery__470x284.jpg

Oops, mis-read your post.

Try the old faithful of Vicks smothered over feet and then cover with socks.

alright, Ill ask, hows this help your chest?..:)

Id suggest a bowl of boiling water,dissolve a teaspoon of vicks in it and put your head over it with a towel over your head and bowl, and slow deep breathing!

followed by 4 quick shots of sambuca, just for the hell of it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha :D

Anything that smells even a little strongly is putting me in a close to vomiting state.

Can I please ask some advice from those who have had their wisdom teeth out?

How long did you need for your recovery? How long until the swelling/bruising went down a lot or disappeared? And what did you need in terms of care after the surgery...if I stay in Sydney I can either be alone at my place or at Dad's place (leaning towards Dad's place because he has Foxtel :D ). If I need somebody to be with me for the first few days I will have to go to Mum's place and be cooked for and looked after.

Thanks! :)

It depends on the dentist, the patient and the teeth. You might be lucky and be more-or-less right after a day or so or you might not. There's every chance you will be miserable and needy, so go for option number mum. If you are the hardy sort who falls down a flight of stairs and goes to the doctor a week later to be diagnosed with a broken leg, then maybe take option dad.

You can always bail early if you recover well, but if it goes pear shaped and you have chosen to stay home alone, you have to drag your miserable ass to their house.

How long did you need for your recovery? How long until the swelling/bruising went down a lot or disappeared? And what did you need in terms of care after the surgery...if I stay in Sydney I can either be alone at my place or at Dad's place (leaning towards Dad's place because he has Foxtel :D ). If I need somebody to be with me for the first few days I will have to go to Mum's place and be cooked for and looked after.

I can only partially help, as I have my teeth but any trace of wisdom was removed some time ago.

betadine is sooo yuck...not as bad as canned tuna though
and when you spit it out it looks like blood

i always have a cough at the most inconvenient times
soo i just live off strepsils until it gets better
likc when i went to melbourne earlier this year
i had nothing but weetbix for breakfast+strepsils all day non stop+soup for dinner
and it was the day of the carlton match at the dome...and i still yelled so i think strepsils are good!

How many are you getting out?

I had all 4, wreaked for a couple of days, make sure you get lots of codine!

Also someone that will make you all sorts of soft yummy treats, and i hope you like soup..

Should take about a week before your back to normal..

Good luck Hools..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back