Rumour Heretier Lumumba threatens to quit & Pies say "Good idea"

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether we agree with it or not, most reasonably sized Australian organisations that aren't stuck in the eighties, have policies that deem this sort of behaviour unacceptable.

Where these policies exist, employees have every right to raise perceived breaches with management.

I suspect few if any people here are familiar with CFC's policies, but if I was busted doing this in my job, I would fully expect to be counseled, if not fired on the spot.

Not saying I agree with it, but just noting it's 2014 and it's just the way things are.

This exchange in the "the-mad-redhead-not-wanted" thread yesterday
Diamond Jim :- Pretty much confirmed on Foxtel....Mitch Robinson shown the door...
Pie in the Sky :- Didn't we know this yesterday?
Diamond Jim:- Unlikely a Collingwood cretin would know anything....

For a guy who seems to be on a one-man mission to flag any unacceptable behaviour by anybody in the BF sphere, Diamond Jim certainly seems to be able to dish it out pretty quickly.

His name IS NOT "O'Brien"!

Stop oppressing him and all black people with your white privilege patriarchy by refusing to acknowledge his true roots as a proud black man with a proud black name.

This is a classic example of how easy it is to possibly offend someone. Heritier no doubt went through a process before deciding to change his name, and then publically declared what he would like to be referred to. And then Diamond Jim jumps to the defence of "O'Brien", a name he has renounced. But do we all really think that he (Diamond Jim) is a racist or something, or are we happy to see it in context?

Let's be honest here....firstly, this guy is an idiot. He thinks it's cool to jump onto a socially progressive bandwagon and tell the world about how it should be. The problem he has though is that he is an idiot and has no f'n idea how best to progress the bandwagon he has chosen on a particular day.

This guy couldn't give a toss about gay rights, he wants to be seen as an intellectually socially progressive crusader for his own personal needs.

This is the biggest look at me in AFL history.

Yeah, what a flog! Who does he think he is, not conforming the the generic, meathead footballer stereotype?!

This exchange in the "the-mad-redhead-not-wanted" thread yesterday
Diamond Jim :- Pretty much confirmed on Foxtel....Mitch Robinson shown the door...
Pie in the Sky :- Didn't we know this yesterday?
Diamond Jim:- Unlikely a Collingwood cretin would know anything....

For a guy who seems to be on a one-man mission to flag any unacceptable behaviour by anybody in the BF sphere, Diamond Jim certainly seems to be able to dish it out pretty quickly.

I've threatened to quit bigfooty after this incident.

I reckon it would be really fun to be mates with Harry. Testing him out ... seeing what you can get away with ...

Didn't he say when he decided to inject himself into the Adam Goodes thing last year, that he can't walk down the street without being racially abused?!

What a life he must lead ...

Heritier has unfortunately become too high maintenance. It must be like treading on egg shells being around him. It's all very well standing up for your beliefs, however people don't take you seriously if you overreact to every perceived slur. Far too precious.

Time for Heritier and the club to part ways. Has been a good player for the Pies, and will always be remembered as a Collingwood Premiership player. Carlton would be the ideal fit for him.

And that's very true about Lumumba. People even hate Fev – a man who never hit his wife, never played dirty, he was just a troubled gambler which is no different to being addicted to piss or disposed to depression. He was a larikan but inoffensive and essentially framed by a Channel 9 who feigned sorrow for his axing, but who were the ones buying, supplying, handing over, and sharpening that axe.

umm... are we talking about the same fev that circulated a naked photo of a certain australian model/socialite he was screwing outside his marriage?!?! that's actually deplorable... you might want to look elsewhere for a johnny hard-done-by!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the players in the graffittied poster complain ?.

Are they offended ?.

Is this another case of the third party being the one offended ?.

Not really the point. Anybody can take offence. It clearly was offensive to at least one person and thats all that matters. That person had a perfect right to object.

The real issue is that this one person has over-reacted and basically played chicken with the Collingwood administration, threatening to resign unless action was taken to his satisfaction, presumably a public execution for the perpertrator. Magpies wisely called Harry's bluff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back