How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not interested in whether Priddis can be played or not as both sides have clearly stated their points calmly and with relevance. So taking that both camps are valid OPINIONS. I would like to point out that a couple of things kept being bought up about players and in this particular thread Priddis.

1. Trading. The simple fact is that you cannot simply trade people unless they want to go. Just because they have currency doesnt mean that they want to be traded. You can obviously discuss this within the club but have to tread very lightly. Voss came in and played Supercoach and wanted to trade Bradshaw and Rischetelli to Carlton for Fevola. What happened was a massive internal fireball. Bradshaw and Rischa did not want to go. They had very good mates who were also massively pissed with this decision. Bradshaw left for Sydney. Rischa stayed won the Fand B and then told the club to jam a new contract and left to the Suns. Since then a lot of players also left and ultimately Voss lost his job.
This is also what our new coach was alluding to when he said that it is very hard to trade and most improvements are done by the Draft.

2. Tagging. Priddis has been tagged, but can you limit his ability better.. yes by tagging recivers . Because nowadays Coaches try to stop the spread which can be very dangerous to the zonal type of play we have now. So whtas the point in trying to tag the bloke at the bottom of the pack when you want to limit his options. Sure they still have run with or at stoppages more importantly they do try to beat Priddis to the contested pill, but they also then limit his outlets. Now this happens all around the league. So at Freo who we can all agree have very potent onballers in Fyfe Mundy and Barlow to name a couple. So a lot of teams tag Hill, they have contested match ups against fyfe barlow and mundy but try to limit the outs so Hill is tagged. Hawthorn ; Mitchell is not the nominal tag but Hill or Smith are. Teams are now trying to tag Heppel instead of Watson.
So in our team you tag Shuey or Gaff.

Oh man it finally happened. I had to stop (emotionally) supporting this club many years ago because of the prid-field. I think i could sense it would come to this all the way back then. At least I can laugh at the situation now.

Oh well. Looks like another 2 years at least before my self-imposed exile ends.

Nah i was looking for a simple one glance round by round vs team x brownlow count

I dont know why - probably so i could shake my head sadly and say something like - but lecca got 20 disposals running through the midfield and 4 goals in the forward line and plodder just plodded and kicked lace out to earthworms .......

Masochism

Congratulations Eagles fans. Priddis has won the most coverted individual accolade in football and the whole football world is seeking our views on him. First thing they see is this compilation of the most misinformed, factually incorrect, nasty pile of dross I've ever read on any subject, ever.

What part is misinformed

The bit where a large percentage of his kicks are terrible?

The bit where a large percentage of his handballs are ineffective?

The bit where he is slow and is run off

The bit where his terrible kicks and handballs lead to opposition goals

The bit about how he almost never shepherds or blocks as other less skilled players do so as to let tye more skilled players off the leash

The bit about how his direct opponent doesnt go near him as hes not considered dangerous with the ball in hand

Or is it some other misinformation

Congratulations Eagles fans. Priddis has won the most coverted individual accolade in football and the world is seeking our views on him. First thing they see is this compilation of the most misinformed, factually incorrect, nasty pile of dross I've ever read on any subject, ever.

I appreciate your lovely views. I like to the take time to get back to all my fans and acknowledge their support.

How is this the first thing they see? There is a big bright shiny thread with TOAST attached to it if they feel compelled to worship him, there is no need to cry wolf and make an issue out of nothing.

Congratulations Eagles fans. Priddis has won the most coverted individual accolade in football and the whole football world is seeking our views on him. First thing they see is this compilation of the most misinformed, factually incorrect, nasty pile of dross I've ever read on any subject, ever.
I think suggesting the whole football world will come here seeking our views is a bit of a stretch

Also some, not all, of the criticisms of priddis are valid. I'm happy he won but his weaknesses are still the same and our midfield is still sub standard. The brownlow doesn't change that

What part is misinformed

The bit where a large percentage of his kicks are terrible?

The bit where a large percentage of his handballs are ineffective?

The bit where he is slow and is run off

The bit where his terrible kicks and handballs lead to opposition goals

The bit about how he almost never shepherds or blocks as other less skilled players do so as to let tye more skilled players off the leash

The bit about how his direct opponent doesnt go near him as hes not considered dangerous with the ball in hand

Or is it some other misinformation

Yes. All of those.

Congratulations Eagles fans. Priddis has won the most coverted individual accolade in football and the world is seeking our views on him. First thing they see is this compilation of the most misinformed, factually incorrect, nasty pile of dross I've ever read on any subject, ever.

You really should finish with "wont somebody think of the children"

If you want to win the "wont somebody think of the children" poster of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xsess

a646c45633cfab95a2aaf727480883aba7de652148fb3601db61853a62d3b3da.jpg

Boak, Franklin, Kennedy, Ablett and Fyfe all missed games. Priddis was gifted the win for his durability.

Durability isn't a pretty important quality?

As for your frequent comments on "Priddis isn't tagged", I'd suggest that's pretty much because there isn't any point in tagging Priddis. He gets most of his possessions right in the middle of a pack, where there's plenty of opposition players right next to him anyway - adding another tagger would be superfluous. If he got 30 possessions in a game, tagging him would likely only cut that to 25.

On another of yours question: is he better than Shuey or Gaff - well at his specific role, yes. I doubt that Gaff would have a clue how to play in the middle of a pack, nor would Shuey. They fit a different class of player, who need to finish off the work of the Priddis style player (incidentally, that's why they're tagged - because if you don't they have space and time to do much more with it, whereas it would make no real difference to someone like Priddis).

I guess I know why I rarely pop by here now...

Was looking at the round by round votes priddis received and he polled 10 votes in eagles losses including BOG vs pies and blues . He also didn't beat up on the easier teams as much as you would think . Don't think any other eagle got many votes in our losses .

Durability isn't a pretty important quality?

As for your frequent comments on "Priddis isn't tagged", I'd suggest that's pretty much because there isn't any point in tagging Priddis. He gets most of his possessions right in the middle of a pack, where there's plenty of opposition players right next to him anyway - adding another tagger would be superfluous. If he got 30 possessions in a game, tagging him would likely only cut that to 25.

On another of yours question: is he better than Shuey or Gaff - well at his specific role, yes. I doubt that Gaff would have a clue how to play in the middle of a pack, nor would Shuey. They fit a different class of player, who need to finish off the work of the Priddis style player (incidentally, that's why they're tagged - because if you don't they have space and time to do much more with it, whereas it would make no real difference to someone like Priddis).

I guess I know why I rarely pop by here now...

You aren't missed.

Just seeing your avatar again made my IQ drop back below 120 ... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the obsessed Priddis HATERS in this thread have been made to look like complete and utter morons who know nothing about football. Yes everyone in the AFL community agrees he is a champ and he won the brownlow but it's just luck. The fact they are STILL talking him down even after he wins a brownlow just defies belief. He could rack up 4 million disposals and kick 9,000 goals every week and the posters here would still say he's a terrible player.

Yeh nah - read the thread brah......

And you call yourself an eagles supporter? accepting mediocracy and even celebrating the most mediocre of footballers.

Watch some of the vids mate...the BL doenst change a thing. Im glad you & bruce macaveney both find him so delicious.

.....hows all the fanbois jumping in coz the umps rate the floppy haired freak

Get a clue about footy, READ THE ARGUMENTS , then comment - you wont look like such a nuff nuff.

Go back to your world of popular opinion & unicorns brah.

Yet another recovering from the after effects of being blindsided by a truly wonderful troll!
Nah - TBH - i have been vocal on here.

Congrats to Matt, I am proud as punch for the bloke.

I still think he is a defensive liability and hinders our midfield with his lack of class.

Great win for Matt tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back