Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
this is Part 2.

Part 1 is here:

======

With Daniel Andrews now coming up to his first year as Premier of Victoria, how would you rate him and his government so far, and what does he needs to do in the run up to the 2018 Victorian State Election?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solely based on medical advice, or a captain’s pick?

Last edited:

Oh dear. Looks like the move to kill the curfew that wasn't getting killed until late October at the earliest isn't getting the desired result.

I don't know if it's true, but word around these parts is that you live in Sydney.

In that case, your love for Dan can be likened to a Richmond supporter wishing that Mark Neeld was their coach.

I love Dan.
His pressers everyday are a masterclass in trolling right wing ding bats even though he isn't even trying to troll right wing ding bats.
The more you right wing ding bats get triggered the more everyone else supports him.

But you stupid campaigners are too stupid to realise this.

As i said i got it from the rolling feed at news.com, link below, i never took it from an article that Vanessa Brown wrote. I never claimed it as mine, just posted it like i have done with plenty of articles . not sure where your get that from, and it seems this was from Alexis Carey who posted it not Vanessa Brown, i wouldn't have thought it was a piece written by Vanessa Brown.

JFYI we actually need to do it for the Chief

media crack down on forums posting articles from time to time. Without attribution/link to original he is dead in the water, and we risk bans on posting articles full stop (this has happened at other forums after news limited threatened legal action)

Because I've been plagiarized before, and I didn't like it very much at the time. And it surely isn't much of a standard to adhere to; just include a link from the origin of where you got something.

to be fair "* YOU CARLTON, YOU ARE RUINING MY LIFE!!!!!" may not be solely attributed to yourself

JFYI we actually need to do it for the Chief

media crack down on forums posting articles from time to time. Without attribution/link to original he is dead in the water, and we risk bans on posting articles full stop (this has happened at other forums after news limited threatened legal action)

Yeh that's cool, poor copying and pasting on my behalf.

Another one for the curfew, personally curfew didn't bother me, i'm barely out past midnight these days, only time i'm awake after midnight is visiting the toilet now :), but it seems the messages are mixed, which is what pisses most off.

HIGHLIGHT
'No evidence' controversial curfew kept cases down
40901fdb3e7cb0d809d753b5915d6001

Natalie Brown
Associate Professor Michelle Giles told the Supreme Court today there was "no evidence" that Melbourne's controversial curfew was keeping case numbers down in the Victorian capital.
Prof Giles, the senior medical adviser for the DHHS who was responsible for extending the since-revoked measure, said it was just one of many restrictions that had played a part in the state's reduced infections.

"What I say is the curfew is part of a package of directions that ai mat reducing movement and interactions between people and there is evidence that reduces transmission," she said.
Prof Giles is appearing in a lawsuit cafe owner Michelle Loielo has taken against her and the Victorian Government regarding the measure.
Asked by Marcus Clarke, who is representing Ms Loielo, if there was evidence the curfew had solely reduced transmission, Prof Giles responded there wasn't.
She said she disagreed with Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews' comments that it had been introduced as an enforcement measure to assist police, and denied she signed off on the restrictions on behalf of Mr Andrews.

Picture: William West/AFP
"I didn't consider myself duty bound, I actually considered the curfew in relation to public health," she said.
"I don't agree with those comments, particularly the law enforcement one."
The measure was introduced initially on August 2, and extended by Prof Giles from September 14, when it changed from 8pm to 5am to 9pm to 5am.

I haven't met anyone in the real world who approves of the Victorian governments handling of this pandemic. I'm still onsite at work most days, and none of the people I speak with there think he's done a good job. Not one.

The fanbois who post here are outliers.

If you check twitter or here it is the same 5-15 loud fan boys / girls defending the DHHS, Sutton or Andrews.

It certainly is not a majority of the state. As is the case with most democratic elections, the majority that are not posting on social media are quiet. In this case they are considering the adverse impacts the DHHS has had on their families, businesses / employers and general well-being.

It is these silent / quiet Victorians that will remember this dreadful time in their lives and that will vote at the next election.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

See, I find it funny how people accuse Labor of blaming the voters instead of looking within for their own faults, but people who play for the other team are more than happy to think of those who support the opposition as morons. Speaks to the relative ways both sides view the world.

Do Labor blame the voters anymore than the Libs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim smith is not your typical Kew liberal. Not sure if it'll be a long relationship

Just noise to me, does he have anything that differentiates him from other ambitious politicians in Opposition nationwide?
I do know he was getting a gig on Sydney talkback because no one in Melbourne would give him air time.

If you check twitter or here it is the same 5-15 loud fan boys / girls defending the DHHS, Sutton or Andrews.

It certainly is not a majority of the state. As is the case with most democratic elections, the majority that are not posting on social media are quiet. In this case they are considering the adverse impacts the DHHS has had on their families, businesses / employers and general well-being.

It is these silent / quiet Victorians that will remember this dreadful time in their lives and that will vote at the next election.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing new you say .....

I love Dan.
His pressers everyday are a masterclass in trolling right wing ding bats even though he isn't even trying to troll right wing ding bats.
The more you right wing ding bats get triggered the more everyone else supports him.

But you stupid campaigners are too stupid to realise this.
I don't think any of them realise Andrews is standing there taking the piss out of them

Not one of them get it.....he is playing with them and enjoying every minute of it, that's why he always asks "any more questions, any other issues"

Probably a Richmond supporter, the whole supporter base believe they can fix anything currently

To be fair, we can't even use our finals tickets, so there are some things we can't do :(

Man, you are the gift that just keeps on giving. You’ve trawled through 4 years of my posts, followed me through the money thread, the corona thread, the fitness thread, the teaching thread, and this one. 😳😳 Dude, you need to be like Sylvester Stallone in Cliffhanger and let it go.
This is, of course, coming from the bloke who stalked my posts in the gaming forum because his weakly formed arguments were getting torn to shreds?

If you want to know more about my OS experience, I’ll give you the heads up that the job was in the private system and completely irrelevant to the low socioeconomic Aussie kids we are talking about. To save you the stalking time I'll direct you to the Education board and see my thread about private schools so you know where I'm coming from.
I know you that you suffer from delusions of grandeur – but I really don’t care about your “OS experience”. If your revisionism in this thread is anything to go by, it is most likely to be a collection of lies and fabrications. I’ve noticed your posts often play fast and loose with the truth.

I know you’re that muckraking type, from when you tried to dig up dirt on an aged care resident to try and make her sound like a whinger, rather than someone suffering mental trauma. Man you really could’ve used some of my holistic teachings around emotional health.
It’s really quite adorable that you play the victim and accuse me of muckraking when you’ve spent the best part of this thread erroneously questioning my integrity and professionalism and resorting to irrelevant ad-hominem attacks – simply because you didn’t like me contradicting your spurious anti-lockdown agenda with facts and academic research.

Despite your protestations to the contrary, these are not the actions or behaviours of someone who claims to be of ‘sound emotional health’. It is, in fact, more reflective of an individual with quite low emotional intelligence.

FWIW, I never implied that the individual you are referring to was a whinger. I was simply was correcting your false claim that the lockdown had resulted in her (and by extension - all aged care residents) losing the will to live – whereas she is on record in May 2019 as expressing something of a death wish due to her poor quality of life in her nursing home. I know that you don’t like facts when they contradict your agenda, but there is no need to misrepresent my intentions. It’s unbecoming.

If anything, I find it shameful that you would use her real and genuine suffering as just another means to push your twisted and myopic agenda. Not surprised of course. If you’ve proven anything, it is that you have no shame.

Last edited:
These comments from dick head McGowan prove it's no longer about health and all about politics, surely there would be a crap load of people from NT,TAS, SA and ACT who would look at a holiday in WA at the moment, and would actually spend more on holiday than West Aussies do. Does he have such little faith in what WA offers that he thinks no one would go there.

HIGHLIGHT
Premier's savage dig at 'poorer' states

Natalie Brown
The date Western Australia's border could reopen to the rest of Australia remains a mystery, with Premier Mark McGowan telling reporters earlier today there was "no benefit" in changing the restriction.
The state's borders are shut to anyone except for designated works on those granted exemptions on compassionate grounds – and have been that way since the coronavirus pandemic struck Australia six months ago.
Mr McGowan said a travel bubble with South Australia and the Northern Territory – where community transmission has been stamped out, and cases (if any) remain low – wasn't worth pursuing, despite the strategy being adopted by SA, the NT and Queensland.
"There is no benefit," he said.
"All we'll do is lose jobs were we to open to those (jurisdictions).
"The other states want us to open the border so that West Australian tourists will flood east, not so that people from the east will come here.
"They're only saying all this for very self-interested reasons because we have higher incomes, we have people that are more used to travelling and therefore we'll have more tourists go from Western Australia to the east."

Mr McGowan has insisted the border will only come down when all other jurisdictions go 28 days without any community transmission – a stance that's been deemed "beyond caution" by some of the nation's top epidemiologists.
"When we get calls from other governments around Australia, particularly NSW, to bring down our border, all I'd say is they have had significant policy failures in the east that caused the spread of the virus into Western Australia in the early days," he said, referring to reports that passengers from the Ruby Princess cruise ship could have infected as many as 11 people on a flight from Sydney to Perth.
"We're always very careful about our borders to protect our people. If only they'd been more careful, we wouldn't have had some of those cases come to our state."

These comments from dick head McGowan prove it's no longer about health and all about politics, surely there would be a crap load of people from NT,TAS, SA and ACT who would look at a holiday in WA at the moment, and would actually spend more on holiday than West Aussies do. Does he have such little faith in what WA offers that he thinks no one would go there.

HIGHLIGHT
Premier's savage dig at 'poorer' states

Natalie Brown
The date Western Australia's border could reopen to the rest of Australia remains a mystery, with Premier Mark McGowan telling reporters earlier today there was "no benefit" in changing the restriction.
The state's borders are shut to anyone except for designated works on those granted exemptions on compassionate grounds – and have been that way since the coronavirus pandemic struck Australia six months ago.
Mr McGowan said a travel bubble with South Australia and the Northern Territory – where community transmission has been stamped out, and cases (if any) remain low – wasn't worth pursuing, despite the strategy being adopted by SA, the NT and Queensland.
"There is no benefit," he said.
"All we'll do is lose jobs were we to open to those (jurisdictions).
"The other states want us to open the border so that West Australian tourists will flood east, not so that people from the east will come here.
"They're only saying all this for very self-interested reasons because we have higher incomes, we have people that are more used to travelling and therefore we'll have more tourists go from Western Australia to the east."

Mr McGowan has insisted the border will only come down when all other jurisdictions go 28 days without any community transmission – a stance that's been deemed "beyond caution" by some of the nation's top epidemiologists.
"When we get calls from other governments around Australia, particularly NSW, to bring down our border, all I'd say is they have had significant policy failures in the east that caused the spread of the virus into Western Australia in the early days," he said, referring to reports that passengers from the Ruby Princess cruise ship could have infected as many as 11 people on a flight from Sydney to Perth.
"We're always very careful about our borders to protect our people. If only they'd been more careful, we wouldn't have had some of those cases come to our state."

just read that, disappointing attitude (and im currently arguing with a freo poster elsewhere who thinks direct flights between perth and hobart arent happening because qantas only cares about the east coast cities!)

Covid live stats, 7-day to September 30th non-care setting average is now 1.4 cases while the overall average is 9.9.

85% of cases in the past week are Aged care/Health care related https://covidlive.com.au/non-care

30th.png

Active cases are now below where NSW were at their peak (Victoria now has 289 active (135 of those are aged care related), NSW went to as high as 297 on August 12th).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back