Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Nothing wrong with going through due process given that we weren't in an emergency situation and haven't had a death this year.

Not sure why we'd move from HQ to building hundreds of cabins that will likely end up an embarrassing white elephant.
Embarrassing white elephant? It will cost about the same as half a weeks' JobKeeper.

This latest lockdown has cost the state probably $200m plus. If it saves one lockdown now, and is still in place for the next pandemic/outbreak, it will have been worth it.

I can't see how it would just be Labour fanbois. The traditional ALP voters have been smashed in Vic in the last 12 months. Its the middle & upper class that have seen huge benefits from lockdowns.
Anyone seen any demographics of the latest polls?

The upper class has and always will be LNP dyed-in-the-wool voters.

It's not the 3 people who live in apartments in Kew who vote for Tim Smith.

Who do you think would vote for James Newbury? Only people who see no value in merit-based-selection.

one thing in the risk industry that is hated is that word, "safe".

its impossible to guarantee, because nothing is completely safe because there is always some risk attached. The whole point of everything from seat belts to bike helmets is risk minimization

speaking on HQ from a national perspective (and taking the politics out of it), it will never be 100%. Its impossible, unless you shove all detainees and workers in a giant bubble, and they are not permitted to leave until every one of them tests negative for x number of times after x weeks.

By letting workers return home, its a risk. By reducing detention times from 14 to 10 days, its a risk. Why is this being done then? Because the risks being taken on are thought to be lesser than the cost of mitigating the risk.

Now that last point (for each of these) is and should be up for debate, as it should every time we learn more about the virus and its management.

But, if our goal is to have a HQ that is "safe", that wont happen. The best we will achieve is "safer". Yes its a minor distinction, but an important one.

It was never going to be a perfect system, but for this to be our third lock down and 2nd because of issues with in quarantine cannot be considered keeping us safe, you can defend the government all you like Ned but it is clear they cannot manage this, even more so when we did not have quarantine for months to iron out the risks and look into what they needed to do.

It was never going to be a perfect system, but for this to be our third lock down and 2nd because of issues with in quarantine cannot be considered keeping us safe, you can defend the government all you like Ned but it is clear they cannot manage this, even more so when we did not have quarantine for months to iron out the risks and look into what they needed to do.

FFS - again NOT DEFENDING THE GOVT - i made it clear my post was on the concept of HQ as a whole, and you pushing the notion it has to be "safe"

here's a tip for free. If you see any medication, safety device, or childs product that declares its 100% safe, dont buy it. no half decent risk manager would allow that moniker to be attached to their product.

Thats why i get nervous when you set the expectation at "safe". Even the NSW, QLD, SA, and WA model fail on that regard.

and again, if you keep lying about things im saying - put me on ignore

Embarrassing white elephant? It will cost about the same as half a weeks' JobKeeper.

This latest lockdown has cost the state probably $200m plus. If it saves one lockdown now, and is still in place for the next pandemic/outbreak, it will have been worth it.

If we don't explore other options then we have learnt nothing, sadly a politician is only interested in the now and what will keep them in power, none of them actually if have the courage to answer questions honestly, won't help them keep them in power, that is their only interest.

FFS - again NOT DEFENDING THE GOVT - i made it clear my post was on the concept of HQ as a whole, and you pushing the notion it has to be "safe"

here's a tip for free. If you see any medication, safety device, or childs product that declares its 100% safe, dont buy it. no half decent risk manager would allow that moniker to be attached to their product.

Thats why i get nervous when you set the expectation at "safe". Even the NSW, QLD, SA, and WA model fail on that regard.

and again, if you keep lying about things im saying - put me on ignore

If you read my reply i did say it was never going to be fool proof, but for it to keep having a problem that causes lock downs means it's not working and if it gets out and people not directly involved with it catch the virus, then it is a problem, and my comment was more directed at the Labor people ( not you ) who trumpet he is keeping us safe, that is clearly not the case. You defend the government constantly, it's ok you support Labor , and are even a member of the party, that is human nature that you would lean towards them, i don't have an issue with it, but if you are going to sook about it when you are called on it put me on ignore, it won't bother me.

If we don't explore other options then we have learnt nothing, sadly a politician is only interested in the now and what will keep them in power, none of them actually if have the courage to answer questions honestly, won't help them keep them in power, that is their only interest.

we also need common sense however.

a tent city should be shot down quicker than you can say boo

there was an article on Howard Springs today, making the point the NT managers dont want to increase its capacity because volume increases risk. people talk about it having 3000 beds, but most are not used because of how people are isolated. Reality is they just announced yesterday plans to up from holding a max of 850 individuals to a max of 1700 (after wet season passes).

to replicate HS Melbourne you are talking about increasing it tenfold. And to make that work, people are talking about getting specially designed air-conditioners and air filters for every unit (remember people are not allowed to wander around, everyone is restricted to their unit).

my concern is how you keep 15000+ people in a camp from leaving their units. Howard Springs have its small size and isolation on its side - Avalon and Toowoomba are walking distance from pubs and maccas (and remember people have escaped HQ for a smoke and KFC runs)

Anything we do needs to be an improvement. My massive worry is the feds history with detention camps is very very poor. I dont want a Manus Island on Geelong Road

If you read my reply i did say it was never going to be fool proof, but for it to keep having a problem that causes lock downs means it's not working and if it gets out and people not directly involved with it catch the virus, then it is a problem, and my comment was more directed at the Labor people ( not you ) who trumpet he is keeping us safe, that is clearly not the case. You defend the government constantly, it's ok you support Labor , and are even a member of the party, that is human nature that you would lean towards them, i don't have an issue with it, but if you are going to sook about it when you are called on it put me on ignore, it won't bother me.

i defend the govt constantly? I have said the premier, three ministers, and about 20 public servants need to be axed or demoted following this. Funny how you always forget that. FFS i have even defended the feds on this (except the vic arseholes who keep bashing this state)

and "safe" does mean 100%. Its why you are not supposed to use it when handing safety issues, because when people think something is safe they automatically assume its 100%. and thats part of this issue - you're expectation is so close to 0% failure its not funny. To have want you want, the only thing that will work is closing the borders.

All this speculation re whether the lock down ends or not is exactly what Andrews wants. He gets off on having this control over us. Loves to draw it out, look at me, look at me.

Stupid campaigner does not realize most people do not watch, most people are breaking his rules on a daily basis and the hatred for him grows by the day. So many memes about how useless he is etc etc. The version of meet the fockers I got today is a ripper. Can't post as they o has become a u. But Dan and his cast fit right in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i defend the govt constantly? I have said the premier, three ministers, and about 20 public servants need to be axed or demoted following this. Funny how you always forget that. FFS i have even defended the feds on this (except the vic arseholes who keep bashing this state)

and "safe" does mean 100%. Its why you are not supposed to use it when handing safety issues, because when people think something is safe they automatically assume its 100%. and thats part of this issue - you're expectation is so close to 0% failure its not funny. To have want you want, the only thing that will work is closing the borders.

I'm not the one saying he keeps us safe, that is your fellow Labor supporters when talking him up, and the idea of that is incorrect as you so rightly point out, so my post was directed at them if you would like to read my first post again, the idea he keeps us safe is wrong whichever way they want to spin it, i'm not sure why you defend the feds, they clearly handballed to the states, and the states didn't have the nuts to say no, that is your problem, as i said i believe the states were happy to take it on for varied reasons, some have clearly used it as a tool for re election, and all would have thought how they can use it for political gain and controlling their borders.

The point is that if we vaccinate the front line workers, we might not need them and there's no point spending squillions on a bunch of cabins that are going to date and rot.

By all means, work out a way of getting returned travellers back for the next pandemic that is outside of metro areas, including this option, but right now it would be a stoopid expense that we can't afford.

What is this strange grip Dan Andrews has on Labor fanboys in Victoria?

I mean, it's Australian to give it to politicians no matter what their "colours" - politicians only win begrudging respect, at best, after lengthy terms.

Yet Dan gets weird adoration even in the face of gross incompetence. What's the deal? And behind the layer of fanboys you have another layer of half-wits that repeat ad nauseum "Dan is keeping us safe!", like a group of Mayan villagers chanting that their daily sacrifice is "keeping them safe!" - too blinded to realise anything else.

It's so weird.

Is it Russian bots pretending to be Aussies to cheer on incompetent governance??

His fanboys are social justice cultists, marxists, twitter freaks, work avoiders, recreational drug users, the mediocre, and the unremarkable.

They can be summed up as low status white trash who feel empowered when they can bark at people on social media.

Basically, the scum of the earth.

we also need common sense however.

a tent city should be shot down quicker than you can say boo

there was an article on Howard Springs today, making the point the NT managers dont want to increase its capacity because volume increases risk. people talk about it having 3000 beds, but most are not used because of how people are isolated. Reality is they just announced yesterday plans to up from holding a max of 850 individuals to a max of 1700 (after wet season passes).

to replicate HS Melbourne you are talking about increasing it tenfold. And to make that work, people are talking about getting specially designed air-conditioners and air filters for every unit (remember people are not allowed to wander around, everyone is restricted to their unit).

my concern is how you keep 15000+ people in a camp from leaving their units. Howard Springs have its small size and isolation on its side - Avalon and Toowoomba are walking distance from pubs and maccas (and remember people have escaped HQ for a smoke and KFC runs)

Anything we do needs to be an improvement. My massive worry is the feds history with detention camps is very very poor. I dont want a Manus Island on Geelong Road

It should never like a detention camp, agree 100%, but surely in this day and age we could have something that is manageable, if not we have learnt nothing through this whole situation.

I'm not the one saying he keeps us safe, that is your fellow Labor supporters when talking him up, and the idea of that is incorrect as you so rightly point out, so my post was directed at them if you would like to read my first post again, the idea he keeps us safe is wrong whichever way they want to spin it, i'm not sure why you defend the feds, they clearly handballed to the states, and the states didn't have the nuts to say no, that is your problem, as i said i believe the states were happy to take it on for varied reasons, some have clearly used it as a tool for re election, and all would have thought how they can use it for political gain and controlling their borders.

firstly i dont talk for anyone but myself. Remember most of the left leaning people here consider me right wing scum. And this is one reason i wont put you on ignore, someone needs to correct the lies you post about me.

secondly, i defend the feds because this is driving with a rear vision mirror only while being beat up. people will make mistakes. as long as improvements are made, im accepting that noone has this thing nailed.

It should never like a detention camp, agree 100%, but surely in this day and age we could have something that is manageable, if not we have learnt nothing through this whole situation.

it has to be a detention camp. people need to stay in their room and not mingle with ANYONE (including staff).

we can call it Kamp Krusty, but its still a detention camp

I mean, it's Australian to give it to politicians no matter what their "colours" - politicians only win begrudging respect, at best, after lengthy terms.

Yet Dan gets weird adoration even in the face of gross incompetence. What's the deal? And behind the layer of fanboys you have another layer of half-wits that repeat ad nauseum "Dan is keeping us safe!", like a group of Mayan villagers chanting that their daily sacrifice is "keeping them safe!" - too blinded to realise anything else.

It's so weird.

Is it Russian bots pretending to be Aussies to cheer on incompetent governance??

You could replace most of that with Mark McGowan.

From the UnOfficial Mark McGowan fan page, as opposed to the Mark McGowan for PM page, some Valentine's Day memes.

1613427405933.png

1613427435393.png

1613427463319.png

All this speculation re whether the lock down ends or not is exactly what Andrews wants. He gets off on having this control over us. Loves to draw it out, look at me, look at me.
i'm done getting frustrated with Dan this time round, i'm just laughing at him now.

i did giggle very hard on friday when he announced his presser (3pm?) and rocked up late... again. literally first presser of this 'wave', people on edge - rocks up late knowing full well when the presser was scheduled for.

he really does seem to enjoy the me, me, me time. i'm unsure how that can be argued.

It's so weird.

it's a social media mirage. a lot of it is bots imo, or paid professionals in his massive social media team. the #istandwithdan crew on twitter are lethal, however i've not come across one in real life - nor on my facebook/instagram feed.

he's got the ALP die hard boomers on his side because he's patriotic about Victoria and boomers barrack for their political party like a goddamn footy team. he has a lot of of the youth on side because he's been good for the "woke" stuff. makes a post about something LBTQ+ related and the 18-35 yr olds jizz themselves.

it seems the frustration with him this time around is getting louder, it's just a shame there is zero opposition. michael o'brien is a banana.

So it's not detention now ?

It would be detention in a different setting away from the major hubs.

Yes, it's why I call them detainees. They are locked up , call a spade a spade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back