Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the argument that comes out in defence of fossil fuels isn't it.

People will lose their jobs.

It's literally the only defence they have against the change.

It's not like it's the end of gas plumbing, it's just the end of its growth in the residential market in Victoria.

As to Sttew complete lie about the end of logging in Victoria......

Yeah it's not like a gasfitter could install the gas side of airconditioning either.

Another lost trade like the stonemasons and blacksmiths before them!

My bad. Native timber harvesting
Which needed to stop given the only way it was still operating was by breaking the law and risking water catchments

From the HUN today:

The Andrews government’s ongoing refusal to reveal its “inflated” costings for running the 2026 Commonwealth Games is holding back organisers from finding another Australian host.

Commonwealth Games Australia chief executive Craig Phillips has launched a spectacular attack on Premier Daniel Andrews for hiding what he says are “exaggerated” figures.

Ten days ago, Mr Andrews stunned the world by tearing up the contract he signed to host the Games in 2026, blaming budget blowouts that he said would lead to an event cost of between $6bn and $7B.

When he signed a deal last year to host the Games, the budget was $2.5bn.

“We have a number of $6bn to $7bn, which we know is exaggerated, so once we get the opportunity we’ll have a sensible conversation with those who might have the opportunity to host.

“There’s always hope that it could be here from our perspective (but) to be fair to the other premiers of other states, they’re probably reacting to a number of $6bn to $7bn, which is eye-watering.

However, they again refused to provide any details of the budget blowout revealed by Mr Andrews at a press conference.

Mr Phillips said the governments figures came “out of the blue” when announced, despite the CGA sitting on the 2026 event organising committee.

“We were blindsided; most people would not like to be treated that way,” Mr Phillips said. “It’s disrespectful, and that’s how we were treated last week – our movement, our athletes were disrespected.

“We’ve not had any conversations yet with any state government or city council at this point; those conversations will be in the future for us.

“We’ll let the dust settle on the recent decision; it’s still very raw for everybody.”

“We’ll look at working with any state that wants to know what the Games could look like, what the costs may be, but certainly the numbers that are out there … are highly inflated.” He said Gold Coast cost $1.2bn and Birmingham about $1.5bn.

Always the argument that comes out in defence of fossil fuels isn't it.

People will lose their jobs.

It's literally the only defence they have against the change.

It's not like it's the end of gas plumbing, it's just the end of its growth in the residential market in Victoria.

As to Sttew complete lie about the end of logging in Victoria......

Haha, it’s nothing about fossil fuels, but completely idiotic policy management from the group that’s bankrupted Victorians.

You voted him in, again…

It’s right up there with his current plan of building $20b worth of new hospitals to be delivered in the next 4 years, despite not being able to staff multiple shifts in the ones we currently have already.

How about instead of policy that cuts job, he starts generating revenue?

His only income bearing policy is increased taxes or new types of fines to further drain the average Victorian.

I see Air B&B and short stay accommodation is the next victim of “just tax them more” Dan’s cure to solve his financial management skills of the state.

Haha, it’s nothing about fossil fuels, but completely idiotic policy management from the group that’s bankrupted Victorians.

You voted him in, again…

It’s right up there with his current plan of building $20b worth of new hospitals to be delivered in the next 4 years, despite not being able to staff multiple shifts in the ones we currently have already.

How about instead of policy that cuts job, he starts generating revenue?

His only income bearing policy is increased taxes or new types of fines to further drain the average Victorian.

I see Air B&B and short stay accommodation is the next victim of “just tax them more” Dan’s cure to solve his financial management skills of the state.
Except the policy is literally about fosdil fuels and decreasing our dependence on them.

Keep crying

Makes sense.

With coal fired power stations and no reasonable alternative to feed the grid.

(Please don’t demonstrate your stupidity and suggest solar)
Electricity isn't 100% renewable but at least there is renewal generation in the grid and it's growing.

Gas is 100% not renewable, gas stoves are a health hazard and neither of those things will ever change.

Electricity isn't 100% renewable but at least there is renewal generation in the grid and it's growing.

Gas is 100% not renewable, gas stoves are a health hazard and neither of those things will ever change.

Solar install is growing, but it’s not lessening the load on demand and the grid.

There’s no infrastructure to support the average home putting power back into the grid.

The power companies still price gouge you between off peak and in peak times.

Research more.

Solar install is growing, but it’s not lessening the load on demand and the grid.

There’s no infrastructure to support the average home putting power back into the grid.

The power companies still price gouge you between off peak and in peak times.

Research more.
It's cute how every response to you leads to new shifting goal posts.

I thought this was about jobs and the economy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crappy old cheap coil stoves yeah.
I was dubious until we got our fancy new induction cooker. ******* love the thing, hands down better than gas.

I was dubious until we got our fancy new induction cooker. ******* love the thing, hands down better than gas.
Yeah I want to replace our gas, we looked into it at our old place but didn't have the room in that kitchen

To be fair you can't get a rental in Melbourne either.

And it's not correct to say people are leaving Melbourne "in droves" as there are more coming in than going out. Melbourne's population has increased every year since at least 1950 according to this.

It can be true that people are leaving Melbourne in droves even if our population is increasing.

Someone posted earlier that our population is increasing due to rezoning Melton as part of Melbourne. The massive influx of immigrants is also a factor.

Andrew’s hilariously brought up induction cook tops yesterday, whilst they are fantastic they are about 5 x the price of a gas cooktop, not to mention they require mostly dedicated 25amp+ circuits and potentially might require you to upgrade your supply to the grid on existing homes.
Induction cooktops are horrible. It's all surface heat. You just don't get a nice result without radiant heat. Add to that a shorter lifespan of pots and pans as any warping makes them perfectly useless on an induction top. And when the cooktop inevitably cracks you're up for thousands to replace. I've had induction for the past 3 years and i absolutely hate it. In that time we've been looking to build and haven't been able to. I'll be looking at any option that isn't induction if they don't let me have a gas stovetop if and when we can finally build.

Induction cooktops are horrible. It's all surface heat. You just don't get a nice result without radiant heat. Add to that a shorter lifespan of pots and pans as any warping makes them perfectly useless on an induction top. And when the cooktop inevitably cracks you're up for thousands to replace. I've had induction for the past 3 years and i absolutely hate it. In that time we've been looking to build and haven't been able to. I'll be looking at any option that isn't induction if they don't let me have a gas stovetop if and when we can finally build.
you can get portable ones now

You don't have to spend thousands on a new one anymore either

While they're at it though maybe they could make builders actually build good houses instead of the poorly made s**t they're churning out these days

You can start your own small fire, and I'd prefer that to induction. It just doesn't cook well at all.
Some love it some don't.

The reality of the health risks of gas stoves and the start of this sort of legislation looks like it's going to be an electric or induction future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back