ICC World Cup Quarter Final Australia v Pakistan

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You mean like the one he played in the tri series final that got him man of the match and won us the series?
No I mean like in a world cup match against top-notch opposition, maybe even without throwing his wicket away in the 40th over. That would be great!

Not especially. They're a sports side. If you were born in Carlton would you owe allegiance to Carlton?

That's pretty much how it used to be, people did actually follow their local team and it still holds true to a certain extent. I don't see why some people think this is a strange concept. Seems perfectly logical to me that one would follow their local team and by extension their state team and by further extension their national team.

That's pretty much how it used to be, people did actually follow their local team and it still holds true to a certain extent. I don't see why some people think this is a strange concept. Seems perfectly logical to me that one would follow their local team and by extension their state team and by further extension their national team.
Logical, yes. But to go against that is just an individual choice, not some unforgivable sin like how davis was making out.

Speaking as an ethnic minority myself, I don't have issues with immigrants or the children of immigrants identifying with their homeland (as long as they are good, contributing members of Australian society which the vast majority are).

I personally could never support Malaysia or China against Australia but others might be able to.

It's the next generation that is concerning- if the the grandchildren of immigrants are still identifying with the 'motherland' over Australia than there has been a pretty major failure with integration.

Speaking as an ethnic minority myself, I don't have issues with immigrants or the children of immigrants identifying with their homeland (as long as they are good, contributing members of Australian society which the vast majority are).

I personally could never support Malaysia or China against Australia but others might be able to.

It's the next generation that is concerning- if the the grandchildren of immigrants are still identifying with the 'motherland' over Australia than there has been a pretty major failure with integration.

Or just some major-league brainwashing by the parents. That does happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remembered more by Australians maybe and because he took wickets at the end of the match when it was an exciting finish, Boult's bowling was just as influential as Starc's and set up the win for NZ. Also Boult survived a couple of balls against Starc to allow Williamson to hit the winning runs.
http://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/videos/media/id/4053/trent-boult-5-27-vs-australia
Lol. I suppose his wide pies to Maxwell and Clarke were fantastic bowling?
Or his balls to the no. 8 and 9 batsmen?

Fox are replaying the match now. I was side on to that Misbah hit wicket and had no idea what happened at the time. Could have been lbw given the ball actually hit the stumps after hitting the leg. The lbw rule has no concept of whether a bail will stay on or not.
Zing Bails are three times as heavy and have smaller spigots than wooden bails, harder to dislodge in marginal cases IMO.

Fox are replaying the match now. I was side on to that Misbah hit wicket and had no idea what happened at the time. Could have been lbw given the ball actually hit the stumps after hitting the leg. The lbw rule has no concept of whether a bail will stay on or not.

It caught the bottom of the thigh guard (the little bit that curves around the side of the pad flap) and somehow straightened back towards leg. Would have missed the stumps IMO but I didn't see a hawkeye of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back