I'm getting mixed messages, are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coin_Toss

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't know where to post this familiar occurrence, to be perfectly honest, but I find it very fascinating. It's about Guy Richards' form at the weekend.

Originally Posted by Inside Football (and a few members on this forum)
Got beaten in the ruck again.

Originally Posted by Brad Gotch
Guy worked tirelessly all day. Not a bad return with 22 possessions, six marks and 26 hitouts, so he did quite well. He nearly rucked the whole day, so that was good.

If that is the case then Guy Richards can come straight back into the side this week.

You'd think the coach would have more idea than these clowns. Your thoughts?

I don't know where to post this familiar occurrence, to be perfectly honest, but I find it very fascinating. It's about Guy Richards' form at the weekend.

If that is the case then Guy Richards can come straight back into the side this week.

You'd think the coach would have more idea than these clowns. Your thoughts?

Count me amongst the clowns. He DID NOT have these stats unless they counted the warm-up, recovery session and Tuesdays training. I don't know about the hitouts but he had no impact on the game. God knows where these supposed hitouts went but they weren't to Willie. He was awful and Willie got flayed in the centre.

Count me amongst the clowns. He DID NOT have these stats unless they counted the warm-up, recovery session and Tuesdays training. I don't know about the hitouts but he had no impact on the game. God knows where these supposed hitouts went but they weren't to Willie. He was awful and Willie got flayed in the centre.

Mate, have a read here...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsId=47466

Face it, Richards played well and should be in the side this week for Bryan.

Mate, have a read here...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsId=47466

Face it, Richards played well and should be in the side this week for Bryan.

Yeah, I've seen that and also they're quoted in the first post to this thread, which is what prompted the question. The fact is though, I was there and saw every miserable minute of it and he did NOT play well, he was bloody awful. Have a look at most posts from people who were there. Just for info, these Willie stats and bests are routinely drivel. Actually I don't care if he's in for Bryan or not because they're both hopeless. Frankly, I'd rather see Monky in than either of them.

I watched till three quarter time. Richards had no influences, not many taps to advantage. If you read gotch's report he was very positive to most players in quite a large loss. But Richards was not very good at all till that point. Never believe stats you fools. Maybe trying to boost his trade ability?

Bryan and Richards are so bad, that when Bryan plays for the seniors, Richards looks like a better option, and vice versa when Richards plays for the seniors.

Whenever I leave a game after I've seen another weak pathetic display from Richards, I think to myself, 'Yeah, Bryan has gotta come back in next week'. Then, like after the Geelong game and seeing Bryan embarrasing pathetic attempt at pretending to be an AFL footballer, I was thinking to myself, 'bring back Richards, he'd do better then Bryan.

Both are so bad that the alternative always looks the better option. The best thing they both have going for each other...is, err, each other.

Sad hey. How did our coaching staff allow our ruck stocks to become so terrible. :mad:

Just a thought...the game when neither were selected, and Cox provided some relief to Fraser, did anyone actually think we were any worse? Doing this gives us a guy who can actually play in Cox, despite his size disadvantage.

Yep, I'm another 'clown'. I watched the whole match and Richards, admittedly in difficult conditions, had absolutely no impact on the match. He may have had the stats that were quoted, but if so they must have been some of the most inconsquential possessions and hitouts in the history of man.

In fact, I read Gotch's report with interest. The fact is that he's been very lenient in his player reviews. Willy were absolutely spanked by Coburg. It was a disgraceful performance, yet reading Gotch's reviews you'd think most players played OK. They didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many were effective?
Who won the game by plenty?
How many Collingwood listed players did he say played badly?
How can we lose by so much when they all supposedly played so well?
Whats in it for Gotch to give a player a spray on the internet?
I wasn't having a dig, it was a serious question?:confused:

Just a thought...the game when neither were selected, and Cox provided some relief to Fraser, did anyone actually think we were any worse? Doing this gives us a guy who can actually play in Cox, despite his size disadvantage.

100% agree. I said that after the St Kilda game. Cox cannot be any worse then Richards or Bryan in the ruck. Plus it also gives us another player around the ground. Think about it, Fraser will be in the forward line resting, when there is a ball up/throw in in the forward line, Fraser/Rocca can take it. If its in the backline, then usually Wakelin, even Maxwell third man up, usually. All Cox would do is in the middle.

I wouldn't like to see it hapen on a dry day, but you are right.

Over at Hotrod's, someone suggested throwing Wakes in there once Presti's back and operations, as he is competent when the ball hits the deck or in his hands, and after good form, it would be a shame to demote him in his last hurrah. And I reckon it's a good idea, such is the horrific nature of our "ruck stocks"!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back