India's tour of Zimbabwe - 3 ODIs & 2 T20Is

Remove this Banner Ad

angus BEEF

Debutant
Aug 20, 2010
SEQ
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1st ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Harare on Jul 10, 2015 (09:00 local | 17:00 AEST)
2nd ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Harare on Jul 12, 2015 (09:00 local | 17:00 AEST)
3rd ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Harare on Jul 14, 2015 (09:00 local | 17:00 AEST)

1st T20I: Zimbabwe v India at Harare on Jul 17, 2015 (13:00 local | 21:00 AEST)
2nd T20I: Zimbabwe v India at Harare on Jul 19, 2015 (13:00 local | 21:00 AEST)

Zimbabwean Squad:
Indian Squad:

The first of quite a lot of home cricket for Zimbabwe standards this season. Hosting India, New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Ireland.

Harbhajan an interesting selection.

Obviously a bit of a makeshift Indian lineup, but a pretty good effort by Zimbabwean's in game one taking it down to the wire. Chigumbura gave them a good shot, but just couldn't quite get there.

Sibanda does nothing... again...

When Coventry or Ervine are back I would try moving Masakadza to opener (dropping Sibanda) and slotting one of the returning players into the middle order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't include Chibhabha, Zim's top 6 batsman only averaged 10.8 each! Looks like we're still really missing Brendan Taylor :cry:

What's the thinking behind choosing to field first in both the two matches so far, and then starting the chase very slowly?

What's the thinking behind choosing to field first in both the two matches so far, and then starting the chase very slowly?

I think both teams have started off slowly because of the new fielding rules for the first 10 overs which has brought the field in and I think the Indians especially have been hesitant to take risks because they know they are playing for their spots.

I think the decision to bat second has been because the pitch slows up in the afternoon and batting is generally easier then.

I would say they are stronger batting than bowling (even with lack of one B Taylor), as their performances in the WC and the recent tour of Pakistan showed.

Once we get Panyangara & Chatara back, and with Chibhabha hitting his straps as a bowler, our bowling line-up starts to look a lot better as well.

Zimbabwe has now hit the same number of boundaries as India this match; goes to show our inability to rotate strike. Maybe a promotion up the order for Raza is in store to kick our top order into action.

Zimbabwe has now hit the same number of boundaries as India this match; goes to show our inability to rotate strike. Maybe a promotion up the order for Raza is in store to kick our top order into action.
Sikandar Raza is a slogger isn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back