Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd imagine that he'd play if we come up against Adelaide (with them having Lynch, Jenkins and Walker as tall options), but if we play Hawthorn and Gunston doesn't recover in time, I think he'd be a chance to be managed for one more game. Certainly rolling the dice there, but they'd only have Roughead, the resting ruckman and Frawley/a rookie as talls up forward - and McPharlin probably has about 150 minutes of football left in him by the sound of it.

You'd imagine that he'd play if we come up against Adelaide (with them having Lynch, Jenkins and Walker as tall options), but if we play Hawthorn and Gunston doesn't recover in time, I think he'd be a chance to be managed for one more game. Certainly rolling the dice there, but they'd only have Roughead, the resting ruckman and Frawley/a rookie as talls up forward - and McPharlin probably has about 150 minutes of football left in him by the sound of it.

Sorry but all in - cant rest him for PF as it's too much of a gamble - yes we will time manage him in PF but no rest for 3 weeks.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 22 SEPTEMBER
Jon Griffin (Hamstring) Test
Hayden Crozier (Calf) Test
Luke McPharlin (Calf soreness) Test
Anthony Morabito (Knee) TBA
Josh Deluca (Leg Stress Reaction) Season
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season

Good news:
  • no new injuries
  • Fyfe, Pavlich and Walters are not listed.
Bad news:
  • Griffin, McPharlin and Crozier are no change from last week (still tests).

I think RTB said on 6PR that Pav was sick during the Sydney game, also heard that about Johnno? If so hopefully the bug is out of the team and good to go Friday.

Just listened to the interview with Fyfe. At no point did he confirm or re-iterate he wouldn't be able to get up for the GF should he play this week.

Barra implied that might be the case and whether they had a plan. Fyfe said they had more than one plan. Lots of different plans depending on the scenario.

Also listened to Ross on 3AW. Said Fyfe is in better shape now than before the Sydney game. We are fit and available except for McPharlin who has made rapid improvement in the last 48 hours.

whether they had a plan. Fyfe said they had more than one plan. Lots of different plans
Fyfe's type of leg injury worsens the more he runs....There is always going to be a short period in a game, at the start, were he has the least amount of pain. I wouldnt be surprised to see Fyfe play the first 1/4 of the PF (and the GF :)) in the middle, then "rest" most of the second and later 1/4's in the forward line as he wouldnt have to run as much, with probably short bursts in the middle.
We need fast starts while Fyfe has less pain and then get far enough ahead so we can effectively manage him for the rest of the game.

Just listened to the interview with Fyfe. At no point did he confirm or re-iterate he wouldn't be able to get up for the GF should he play this week.

Barra implied that might be the case and whether they had a plan. Fyfe said they had more than one plan. Lots of different plans depending on the scenario.

Also listened to Ross on 3AW. Said Fyfe is in better shape now than before the Sydney game. We are fit and available except for McPharlin who has made rapid improvement in the last 48 hours.

How do you know Macca has improved mate ?

Pav, Luke and Johnno that is. They are cooked.

I don't think they can go on for much longer. Pav has dicky calves and a bad hip, Johnno has a crook back and hamstrings and Luke's calves are made of tissue paper.

A lot of effort goes into getting these stalwarts up each week it seems and for three years in a row they have virtually crawled into a finals campaign.

I know it is harsh but I will be disappointed if they choose to go around again and the club resigns them. If they retire then the club will be forced to develop the next generation.

Pav, Luke and Johnno that is. They are cooked.

I don't think they can go on for much longer. Pav has dicky calves and a bad hip, Johnno has a crook back and hamstrings and Luke's calves are made of tissue paper.

A lot of effort goes into getting these stalwarts up each week it seems and for three years in a row they have virtually crawled into a finals campaign.

I know it is harsh but I will be disappointed if they choose to go around again and the club resigns them. If they retire then the club will be forced to develop the next generation.
tiylnxwhzso0h8q8uzxa.jpg

Way too soon thread.. Backfire thread..
Where would we be in the last 5 years without these three?!
Why don't we get rid of Fyfe for being injury prone.. oh and Ibbotson with his shoulders. Keep calm and support Freo tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol surely this wins the most negative thread of the year award?

3 players that deserve to go out on their own terms and wouldn't have a problem if they decided to play on and are cooked because they have earned the right.

Why even post this before the game? Bad taste.

Its like you think we've already lost? Have some faith!! Yeah they're managed from injury but geelong did the same thing in their premiership years!!! But talking like the season is over already??? That's not cool.

AND we have players up and coming...look at Alex Pearce and tabs....who've played alot this year

I wouldn't infer much from the form of other players based on the unavailability of Luke McPharlin in September. He's played one finals series in the past four years, the others have been available more often.

Blame Z.Dawson and SOS. if those muppets hadn't had brain fades we potentially could have managed Macca and Johno through to now. Irony is those will likely be the 2 that we will rest all our hope on tonight

Better play blinders boys - you owe it to Freo FC and us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back