Injury list round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

jurrahcane_24

Debutant
Suspended
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/137767/default.aspx

Round 11 injury list

Clint Bartram (knee) - test
Sam Blease (groin) - test
Michael Evans (back) - 6-8 weeks
James Frawley (foot) - test
Max Gawn (knee) - season
Jordan Gysberts (jaw) - test
Neville Jetta (ankle) - 4-6 weeks
Liam Jurrah (ankle) - 3-5 weeks
Stef Martin (quadriceps) - test
Ricky Petterd (hamstring) - 1 week
James Strauss (leg) - test
Rory Taggert (back) - indefinite
Leigh Williams (virus) - test

The article says that Strauss and the Gys are a chance to return for Casey this week, along with Stef Martin.

So glad when I read that Stef, Gys and Strauss could be back soon. Those three could each be a huge boost to the team post-bye.
Mightily glad for Nev, too. Really rate him, glad he looks like being able to push his case for selection/re-signing now. Interesting type of player, but love his intensity at the contest.

Great new avatar there Jako!

I am looking forward to seeing this list post-bye - should be very nice and short. *touch wood*

With Gys getting close, does this mean JV is also a chance to have another run at Casey soon?

Would be good to see Gysberts in, to actually see where he is at,
same with Strauss, Id be happy if one of them turns out half decent.
Blease's form has been a massive plus for us, glad he is turning out as expected.
Tapscott ticking along nicely aswell, hopefully all these kids can finish the year
in decent form and go into next year with confidence in themselves.

Would be good to see Gysberts in, to actually see where he is at,
same with Strauss, Id be happy if one of them turns out half decent.
Blease's form has been a massive plus for us, glad he is turning out as expected.
Tapscott ticking along nicely aswell, hopefully all these kids can finish the year
in decent form and go into next year with confidence in themselves.

Yeah, there is a fair bit of upside....
As for Strauss and Gysberts; i recon Gysberts will be a good to fair player, Strauss i have a bit more hope for. He is another player coming in with elite kicking ability and is a great reader of the play. Before his injury late last year, i felt he was the one who would play a run-though role in the back line. He from all reports has recovered well from his snapped leg and will certainly debut soon.
Once he gets some games into the legs will become a very good player for the Dees!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, there is a fair bit of upside....
As for Strauss and Gysberts; i recon Gysberts will be a good to fair player, Strauss i have a bit more hope for. He is another player coming in with elite kicking ability and is a great reader of the play. Before his injury late last year, i felt he was the one who would play a run-though role in the back line. He from all reports has recovered well from his snapped leg and will certainly debut soon.
Once he gets some games into the legs will become a very good player for the Dees!!

Gysberts will be a lot better than a "good to fair" player.

He is going to be an absolute gun, and I rate him as the best youngster on our list.

We have missed him a lot this season.

Gysberts will be a lot better than a "good to fair" player.

He is going to be an absolute gun, and I rate him as the best youngster on our list.

We have missed him a lot this season.

Yep, I looked at the stats for our 2011 Essendon win last year: Gysberts 30 touches, 3 Brownlow votes. He is a tall ball magnet midfielder with class and time. He will be a fixture in our midfield. Can't wait till he gets right.

This has been one of the most galling things about the injury list: so many promising young guys out, who should be running around developing. It makes the list seem more hopeless than it really is and sells us short to casual opinion-havers in the media. Misson'll be building up Gys's strength and endurance, and he's absolutely one of our brightest.

Finally worked out this new BigFooty thing, couldnt remember my password.

On Topic: Hoping Gys can play some consistent games for the rest of the year. kills me to see others in his draft class killing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back