IPL 2014: Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you interested in the Big Bash?

It is essentially the domestic Indian competition, not sure why they'd ever consider lifting the restrictions.

I agree. I think it's the best deal having the four internationals.

The Bangladesh T20 comp has five internationals and it seems too many imo.

Lots of the coaching staff are outside India so the comp has a real international flavour to it.

I agree. I think it's the best deal having the four internationals.

The Bangladesh T20 comp has five internationals and it seems too many imo.

Lots of the coaching staff are outside India so the comp has a real international flavour to it.

How is it possibly too many? They're taking the place of all those amazing Bangladeshi players?

How is it possibly too many? They're taking the place of all those amazing Bangladeshi players?

Imo, the international players are supposed to complement the local players.

If there are five players for instance, the local players are limited in their ability to contribute to the team's success.

If the Big Bash had five internationals, I'm not sure how many ppl would be happy about it.

Found this about TV rights... gets me frustrated as watching it on ONE was so much easier than watching it on youtube imo

Attachments

• ipl.png
    ipl.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 8
I struggle to follow these games as the teams feel so hollow and soulless, the players are just there to hit a few balls get a million dollars then leave.

I struggle to follow these games as the teams feel so hollow and soulless, the players are just there to hit a few balls get a million dollars then leave.

Such a generalisation. Watch Steyn steaming in game in game out and tell me his heart isn't in it etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a generalisation. Watch Steyn steaming in game in game out and tell me his heart isn't in it etc.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/355549.html

Steyn said that "the IPL was only four overs a game and it was like a paid holiday; you only had to work hard if you felt like it, which is probably why we finished second-last." However, in response, he was unreservedly apologetic.

I don't mind the IPL as I love watching any cricket but I agree is does seem a little soulless to me, with so much money involved its probably hard for it not be. Plus it always seems like there is corruption turns me off. Much prefer the BBL

How much do you think Corey Anderson will go for?

How much do you think Corey Anderson will go for?

He's an interesting one; has a surprisingly bad T20 (after 33 matches - batting average of 13.85 and bowling average of 35.85) record but teams would have noticed his efforts over the past few months. Will say teams will buy into the hype regardless and he'll go for around $600,000.

England players in IPL auction: Ian Bell (Warks), Ravi Bopara (Essex), Jade Dernbach (Surrey), Alex Hales (Notts), Craig Kieswetter (Somerset), Azhar Mahmood, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Eoin Morgan (Middx), Samit Patel (Notts), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Luke Wright (Sussex)
Interesting that Bell has chosen to risk annoying Flower and nominate for the auction. With a tiny base price of $100,000 he should definitely be picked up.

Interesting that Bell has chosen to risk annoying Flower and nominate for the auction. With a tiny base price of $100,000 he should definitely be picked up.
No risk at all, Flower won't be in the job by the time the IPL starts so no-one will care about Flower's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back