Is it worth anything ?

Remove this Banner Ad

God yes, Virgin are a loong way in front of qantas IMO. I fly business and they are not really comparable.

When I tell my son we are going interstate his usual response is "We better not be going on Qantas!"

Yes he is a spoilt little s**t, but Qantas has already lost the next generation!

Magnum if the ticket was mine and you couldn't get it back if you claimed the bet, I would keep it. It might not be worth anything in a monetary sense, but still it is a great conversation starter and a nice momento that no one else has.

My wife is seeing the dollars with it, me personally i would prefer to keep it. I like collecting things.

At the end of the day without any sort of authentication, i doubt it would be worth much.

God yes, Virgin are a loong way in front of qantas IMO. I fly business and they are not really comparable.

When I tell my son we are going interstate his usual response is "We better not be going on Qantas!"

Yes he is a spoilt little s**t, but Qantas has already lost the next generation!

Magnum if the ticket was mine and you couldn't get it back if you claimed the bet, I would keep it. It might not be worth anything in a monetary sense, but still it is a great conversation starter and a nice momento that no one else has.
Have to agree to disagree. I fly pretty much every second week and I only go Qantas. Qantas club helps but I prefer their planes, the service, the food, the entertainment, and there are far more flight options in terms of times etc.

Anyway, maybe I should sto derailing this thread.

Magnum27 how did you go?

Have to agree to disagree. I fly pretty much every second week and I only go Qantas. Qantas club helps but I prefer their planes, the service, the food, the entertainment, and there are far more flight options in terms of times etc.

Anyway, maybe I should sto derailing this thread.

Magnum27 how did you go?

We haven't tried to cash it yet.

We will do the obvious and scan at one of the automatic machines, then we get to keep the ticket.

We are friendly with Nisbett, so my wife has the grand idea of trying to get it authenticated, me personally i'd rather keep it as a momento.

Given it's her bet, i'll let her try and get what she wants.

It's "the wife" here (hawkeye23 for those of you playing along at home)

The other issue is, the bloody thing's on that thermal paper, so even if we were to keep it, it will fade to nothing but Pridda's signature anyway. Even if I were to photocopy it, and frame the copy, the original is always going to fade to nothing. Is there a way to preserve the original?

My wife is seeing the dollars with it, me personally i would prefer to keep it. I like collecting things.

At the end of the day without any sort of authentication, i doubt it would be worth much.
Even with authentication it'd be worth very little. He's just not a player that's in demand. I'd be very surprised if it's ever worth more than $100 including the $80 value for the winnings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back