Is LeBron James still the best player on the planet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ Almighty. How many times do I have to say this. It's not all about rings but they do help.

Horry has 7, Barkley has none. Barkley shits on Horry. But then you put Barkley up against Duncan and Duncan has those 4 championships to boast that Barkley never got.

They help, that's all. It's not the be all and end all of judging a player.

So you are saying Horry is better than Barkley? WTF.

Christ Almighty. How many times do I have to say this. It's not all about rings but they do help.

Horry has 7, Barkley has none. Barkley shits on Horry. But then you put Barkley up against Duncan and Duncan has those 4 championships to boast that Barkley never got.

Its a common excuse though i was not saying you were using

But anytime someone mentions lebron it comes down to rings and him having lost 3 times thats all

LOL

Oh no but he's got more rings than LeBronNNNNN

So MJ isn't the GOAT then is what you're saying?

You saying James will NEVER be as good as MJ just shows who you really are. As much as you'd love it as a dick riding Bulls fan, Michael Jordan will not be the greatest forever, simple as that. One day someone will come along who is simply better.

The real question is could MJ win a title with Dellavedova and JR Smith o_O

The real question is could MJ win a title with Dellavedova and JR Smith o_O
Against these GSW's who are shitting the bed? Id say yes.

Let's all remember LeBron is great, but Jordan in his prime was unstoppable. LeBron isnt close to the scorer Jordan was. So if LeBron can average 40 against these Warriors, Jordan could go nuts.

He wont be going anywhere. He only left cause management continued to lie to him and not deliver on their promises. Things are different now, Dan Gilbert isnt involved as much although im sure he will take the credit if they win it even though he deserves **** all.
Hopefully things stay the course, LeBron delivers that missing silverware thats alluded that city for decades.
Management lied?

Let's all remember LeBron is great, but Jordan in his prime was unstoppable. LeBron isnt close to the scorer Jordan was. So if LeBron can average 40 against these Warriors, Jordan could go nuts.

Lebron is up against the best defensive team this season, the league MVP and a guy who almost won defensive player of the year. With no support, the Cavs are leading this series. He has been outstanding.

Jordan might have averaged 40+ against this Warriors team (just like Iverson or Mello would) but they would be down 0-3. If the Cavs win this series, Lebron deserves to be on par with MJ.

Duncan has 5

I think a good question is "Will LeBron be worth a 5 year max contract at the end of next season?"

I mean this year he has decided to sign a 2 year deal on the basis that the new TV deal is going to up the cap after next year. So he has taken a punt on himself.

Now no one would have said anything about him having signed at the start of the season for a 5 year max. In fact every team in the league would have done it.

But after his current 2 year deal he will be 31 years old. A 5 year max will see him turn 36 during his final year. That's a lot of money to be paying someone who is 36. He'll be an old 36 as well, with not having played college and the amount of playoff basketball he has played.

There aren't too many players in the history of the game that have been worth max contract past their 35th birthday.
He's worth it by the end of year two.

Lebron is up against the best defensive team this season, the league MVP and a guy who almost won defensive player of the year. With no support, the Cavs are leading this series. He has been outstanding.

Jordan might have averaged 40+ against this Warriors team (just like Iverson or Mello would) but they would be down 0-3. If the Cavs win this series, Lebron deserves to be on par with MJ.
Wow... just wow.

That's mind boggling.

But good for you. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeBron is ******* unstoppable as we speak. And he's doing it on both ends. And with a bunch of role players standing on the court next to him. And he's barely taking a break to do it.

This is gonna go down as all time best performances ever.

Get your hand off MJ's dick and enjoy greatness son.

If LBJ took the next two years off for some batting practice would the Cavs make the conference semi's both years? The east is s**t but not that s**t.

It is always impossible to compare but as Ilksy says what LBJ is doing right now is other worldly.
No doubt. I wasn't suggesting for a second that LBJ isn't carrying the whole team and without him they wouldn't be anywhere near the warriors. I was just tongue in cheek suggesting that without Della he might find it a bit tougher. LBJ can't be everywhere and Della is being the man in the clutches, that is hard to replicate. Some have it, a lot don't.

If LBJ took the next two years off for some batting practice would the Cavs make the conference semi's both years? The east is s**t but not that s**t.

Real world sample: Miami Heat.

And the Heat added Dragic and Deng, plus had Whiteside emerge as a decent player. Still no playoffs without Lebron.

They would have made the playoffs if Bosh didn't have his health issues.

Either way if LeBron left the Cavs would make the playoffs next year. Mainly because Irving and Love would be there.

I don't know why I'm arguing. What LeBron has done in these playoffs (if they win), is as good as any post season by MJ. But it does have a lot to do with being in the lolEast. If they had been in the West and been the second seed (as they were in the East) LeBron wouldn't have been able to do it for 4 straight series against the Spurs, Rockets, Warriors and whoever came out of the East. He would have given it a shake, but he probably would have died.

Cavs could really use an efficient 20 point game from JR Smith. I think it was the Bulls series that he was raining 3's in one of the games?

They would have made the playoffs if Bosh didn't have his health issues.

Either way if LeBron left the Cavs would make the playoffs next year. Mainly because Irving and Love would be there.

I don't know why I'm arguing. What LeBron has done in these playoffs (if they win), is as good as any post season by MJ. But it does have a lot to do with being in the lolEast. If they had been in the West and been the second seed (as they were in the East) LeBron wouldn't have been able to do it for 4 straight series against the Spurs, Rockets, Warriors and whoever came out of the East. He would have given it a shake, but he probably would have died.

Fair comment too. It is unfolding as a perfect storm for him. It is still freaking amazing though.

Another interesting thought is what would have happened if he had of taken over like this at the Heat? Could they have won more?

Gotta say I'm a huge jordan fan from way back (still remember listening to the 93 eastern conference finals on a transistor radio in high school and jizzing myself), but I gotta say LBJ has gone to another level this series. If he brings home a title it has to go up there with the greatest performances of all time to carry this team over the line, Delly chipping in and shutting down Curry notwithstanding.

GSW's record throughout the season shows the quality that he is up against, definitely not a team of scrubs.

Always hated Lebron since the Miami move and his move back to link up with Irving and Love, but I am in awe of what has taken place these last few games.

Hope he can bring Cleveland a title.

Not sure why LBJ discussions always have to turn to shitfests. Just sit back and enjoy one of the greatest players of all time drag a team of bench players to a title (possibly). The man is a machine at both ends and I'm just thankful I get to watch.
Because according to some if he isn't better than Jordan he is s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back