Opinion Is the Season over?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's our season gone folks
avatar_aliens_game_over_FNcXMhyS.sized.jpg

What do we do now?

Rethink the coaching situation?
Drop spuds, hacks and lazy players?
Play our talented kids instead of them wasting away in the magoos?
Forget about the stats and worry about getting some heart?

Of course the answer is all the above. Will it happen? no. We will get a good run home and win the last 10 games to finish 9th. That will paper over the cracks, give some false hope for next year and further cement the culture of mediocrity that is Richmond Football Club.

This is a constructive vent thread. Realistic and calling this season what it is, how we got here and how we dig ourselves out. A mini rebuild in order? New coaching staff? Heart transplant?

Where do we go from here gentleman? Discuss

Another clean out
Newman
King
Edwards
Grigg

Trade Vickery, Conca and anyone else who has been around for 4+ years who doesn't contribute

I am extremely depressed. This is an appalling performance (don't care if we salvage pride in the last).

I expected Collingwood to win, but this has been woeful. I don't know why our ball-handling is so bad, I don't know why our kicking is so bad.

It looks like several of the players have given up (not all). The number of free Collingwood players is staggering.

It looks like several of the players have given up (not all). The number of free Collingwood players is staggering.
Certain players who we know to be quite solid are playing with little to no confidence at all. Can't even blame the occasion, or Collingwood, because they did the same thing last week when we went out red-hot faves against the Dogs.

Something not quite right behind the scenes. Too many running around like headless chooks for no reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow we have gone backwards:

Dimma has gone out and recruited VFL standard players to fill holes. These players just do not get in the right spots defensively.

Gordon
Thomas
Lloyd

Won't get us a premiership.

Having Dusty do the whole preseason as a defenseman then moving him forward second game.

Moving the best FF in the game to the wing...no good

Chaplin, Grigg have regressed big time.

No improvement in Ellis and Conca

Game has gone past Newman.

Don't know how good Ellis is defensively

At least Griffiths and Astbury have improved

Dimma has gone out and recruited VFL standard players to fill holes. These players just do not get in the right spots defensively.

Gordon
Thomas
Lloyd

I agree with everything else except the bolded part. Lloyd especially has been fantastic tonight

I agree with everything else except the bolded part. Lloyd especially has been fantastic tonight

I watched Lloyd all preseason, hence he was in my supercoach from the drop and I started him today.

The man is HUNGRY. Never underestimate that power, but will he stagnate when gifted a game? I hope not.

Gordon
Thomas
Lloyd

Having Dusty do the whole preseason as a defenseman then moving him forward second game.

Moving the best FF in the game to the wing...no good

Chaplin, Grigg have regressed big time.

No improvement in Ellis and Conca

Game has gone past Newman.

Don't know how good Ellis is defensively

At least Griffiths and Astbury have improved

Lloyd was very good!! Bagging him is insane.

I was very happy with Conca to tonight!!

Regrading OP, play some kids, gets some development in, the future is looking very good for Tigerland!

Chaplin reminds me of Jason Gillespie in the 2005 Ashes. Can't believe how a solid contributor and genuinely good player became so s**t so quickly.

I am just lost for words and ideas.

GC and GWS have all the best kids.

Half a dozen clubs will overtake us up the ladder.

Good to see Lloyd and Arnott, but they're not a patch on what other clubs have.

Another false dawn.

Chaplin reminds me of Jason Gillespie in the 2005 Ashes. Can't believe how a solid contributor and genuinely good player became so s**t so quickly.

I am just lost for words and ideas.

GC and GWS have all the best kids.

Half a dozen clubs will overtake us up the ladder.

Good to see Lloyd and Arnott, but they're not a patch on what other clubs have.

Another false dawn.

Chaplin is getting towards 28+ what did you expect?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back