Israel welfaring itself into the Third World?

Remove this Banner Ad

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Following article very interesting IMO.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/isra...owing-burden-on-the-state-20100813-1236a.html

THE ultra-Orthodox Jewish man is in his last year of high school. He knows a great deal about the Torah, but when it comes to mathematics, science, geography and economics, he knows about as much as a child finishing primary school.

As for languages, he knows only Yiddish and colloquial Hebrew.

All of which makes his job prospects in Israel's flourishing high-tech economy less than dazzling. Lucky for him, he won't have to worry. The state will support him for life.

The bleak reality facing policymakers is that without urgent structural reform, by 2040 this will be the profile of a majority of Israeli high school graduates.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/isra...owing-burden-on-the-state-20100813-1236a.html

Article notes that Haredi politicians hold the balance of power in parliament, so changes to the welfare system (which supports the 65% of Haredi men who do not enter the workforce) are unlikely. Meanwhile, Haredi women have birthrates three times as high as the Israeli average.

Are the Haredi going to bring Israel into the Third World?

Article notes that Haredi politicians hold the balance of power in parliament, so changes to the welfare system (which supports the 65% of Haredi men who do not enter the workforce) are unlikely. Meanwhile, Haredi women have birthrates three times as high as the Israeli average.

I hope so!

This is what will define Israel.

America will pick up the bill they don't care.
Israel must exist or jesus wont come back.

A religious state going backwards?

How novel.

it is so sad that some can't see how dangerous religion is to states, society and individuals.

why can't these people be spiritual and at one with themselves, and their communities, without the need for religion?

it is so sad that some can't see how dangerous religion is to states, society and individuals.

why can't these people be spiritual and at one with themselves, and their communities, without the need for religion?
Religion is the worst thing to govern any place on . Because humans have such a different perspective on thing individual to individual. Some people don't understand so they get dragged into beliefs by others. If it happens to be a religion with a lIking for fanatical punishing and murdering of anyone who doesn't follow it, oh by the way it happens that way in bible belt USA, so no wasn't picking any one out in particular. Then we see another religious state that may be run in a secular manor but it has created mayhem around the world because a religion told them they had a god given right to a portion of land that had belonged to someone else for two thousand years. You are correct Power Raid, human nature seems to require some reason for its existance , but while we're here on earth religion should not dictate one sentence for politics. Because two really good blokes could believe two totally separate things , and fight over it , my life , nor any one else's on this planet is NOT worth losing over unseen and unknown ideas that have been around for ever. bUT PROVE NO PURPOSE BUT TO CREATE HATRED.
We are truelly a stupid animal.

Religion is the worst thing to govern any place on . Because humans have such a different perspective on thing individual to individual. Some people don't understand so they get dragged into beliefs by others. If it happens to be a religion with a lIking for fanatical punishing and murdering of anyone who doesn't follow it, oh by the way it happens that way in bible belt USA, so no wasn't picking any one out in particular. Then we see another religious state that may be run in a secular manor but it has created mayhem around the world because a religion told them they had a god given right to a portion of land that had belonged to someone else for two thousand years. You are correct Power Raid, human nature seems to require some reason for its existance , but while we're here on earth religion should not dictate one sentence for politics. Because two really good blokes could believe two totally separate things , and fight over it , my life , nor any one else's on this planet is NOT worth losing over unseen and unknown ideas that have been around for ever. bUT PROVE NO PURPOSE BUT TO CREATE HATRED.
We are truelly a stupid animal.
PS any one want to correct my spelling , I'm running out of apples.

Israel is going to turn into Iran of the 80s just Iran is now working to become like the Israel of now.

how exactly can they hold the balance of power when it comes to legislation changing any welfare or conscription exemptions? They'd only hold the balance if the other majors disagree, no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1798848_629054473827269_956424861_n.png

Not sure how that graph helps with passing legislation? I'm a bit of a international politics novice so be gentle with me.

I think my original question assumed that the Haredi politicians were of their own party however they are possibly members spread through other parties.

I'll go and google a bit.

It doesn't. i found this on an anti west facebook, I posted it here on a whim.

Neither of the two Haredi parties - Shas and United Torah Judaism - got a guernsey in the coalition after the last 2013 election.

In fact a new party led by a forner television presenter, Yair Lapid, campaigned on the issue of disallowing the orthodox to avoid military service and its numbers relpaced Shas in the coalition.

With the revelations during this latest Hamas conflict that Hamas has now built a sophisticated system of tunnels into Israel itself, enabling it to mount attacks at any time and thus guaranteeing ongoing war, I would expect that public opinion in Israel will be very much in favour of removing the exemptions.

Last edited:

So let me ask this. We have Haredi ultra orthodox Jews controlling the votes in government, then we have the Hamas people who are fighting for their homeland in any way they possibly can.

So we've got one side a pile of religious Zionist fanatics who believe in the "God gave this land to me" and on the other side we have a pile of freedom fanatics who have had their land stolen.

One side is fanatical to the point of nonsense, and the other is fanatical to the point of being humiliated and robbed and their civilians killed by the hundreds and it never changes.

When you rob a person, one on one, because you think in some religious way that he /she owes you, or, what they have is yours, and every time the person tries to get up and defend themselves , then you smash them back down with your club , remembering that they have no club and are half your size, well this to me is Israel with the club, and Palestine nation the victim.

If you were in the right why would you need to get what you think is yours by force ONGOING! ! ! ! ONGOING! ONGOING!

WELL YOU HAVE TO GET IT BY FORCE, BECAUSE, YOUR VICTIM AND MOST OF THE WORLD THESE DAYS , EVEN YOUR FRIENDS , THINK YOUR IN THE WRONG.
If Israel has any intestinal fortitude they will take the step back and prepare to submit to an arrangement where by Palestine becomes a sovereign state.

If they don't , they will become the next reich. And to stop Palestine they will have to kill each and everyone of them, men women and children.
That will be Israel's final solution, and it will be that way forever until that end, if Israel don't change

they are the only side that can stop the killing. Forget Hamas, they will fight on they live under the boot . Won't stop until the boot is removed.

I look at this , and read about and listens to all the excuses as to who is right and who is wrong about this useless horrific conflict,

I have no affiliations with any side, I know Arab people personally and I know many Jewish people, I ALSO KNOW THAT ONLY ISRAEL CAN STOP IT, there is no end if they don't and maybe removing Netenyahu would be a good start. And removing religious fanatics like the Haredi from politics too.

Right and wrong? Well killing humans is wrong , full stop. So STOP IT.

Neither of the two Haredi parties - Shas and United Torah Judaism - got a guernsey in the coalition after the last 2013 election.

In fact a new party led by a forner television presenter, Yair Lapid, campaigned on the issue of disallowing the orthodox to avoid military service and its numbers relpaced Shas in the coalition.

With the revelations during this latest Hamas conflict that Hamas has now built a sophisticated system of tunnels into Israel itself, enabling it to mount attacks at any time and thus guaranteeing ongoing war, I would expect that public opinion in Israel will be very much in favour of removing the exemptions.
What? Get more Israelis available that can kill more Palestinians, yeah that'd work , and then Israel can reach its final solution!?

One drawback of democracy as we know it for places in extreme conflict. You can always breed or refugee more votes over time, and the future minorities are well aware of this

You can always breed or refugee more votes over time, and the future minorities are well aware of this

Standard playbook in a number of Western countries Pess.

Gerrymandering on a massive scale. Look at Howard's seat. Look at why the inner London votes completely differently to the rest of Southern England.

Standard playbook in a number of Western countries Pess.

Gerrymandering on a massive scale. Look at Howard's seat. Look at why the inner London votes completely differently to the rest of Southern England.

the exact reason why WA cession didn't succeed. the melbourne unions stacked the vote in Kalgoorlie.

The problem for Israel is that these welfare zionists truly believe that Israel will always win any war because god is on their side. Couple that with the fact that they breed like rabbits and the future looks bleak for 'gods people'. Soon they will be the majority and they have no qualms about declaring war on heathens.

The problem for Israel is that these welfare zionists truly believe that Israel will always win any war because god is on their side. Couple that with the fact that they breed like rabbits and the future looks bleak for 'gods people'. Soon they will be the majority and they have no qualms about declaring war on heathens.

Good thing those ultra orthodox jews are an extreme minority in the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back