News Jack Darling resumes with WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry that Schoey is on the Kane Cornes trajectory

I find Schoey quite measured and he always supports his argument or point of view. I recommend listening to his podcast as he specifically addresses when 7West grab half a sentence from his 2 hour podcast and throw it up in a headline without context.

Is it so hard to believe some of the other 35 or so blokes on the list would be peeved with the JD show this year? That's not to say they won't move on, but clubs are about unity, family, common goal, us against them etc. They're no place for selfishness and creating divisions within the ranks would unsettle the common goal.

I worry that people think that an ex footballer saying his opinion that is different from the usual robotic media trained one = Kane Cornes

Yeah I feel like Schofield says what he thinks and it’s sometimes controversial, as opposed to Cornes who says something controversial for the sake of being controversial and getting clicks.

He is in danger of being over exposed though. He’s bloody everywhere - on radio, special comments on telly, writing articles, hosting podcasts …

I find Schoey quite measured and he always supports his argument or point of view. I recommend listening to his podcast as he specifically addresses when 7West grab half a sentence from his 2 hour podcast and throw it up in a headline without context.

Is it so hard to believe some of the other 35 or so blokes on the list would be peeved with the JD show this year? That's not to say they won't move on, but clubs are about unity, family, common goal, us against them etc. They're no place for selfishness and creating divisions within the ranks would unsettle the common goal.

Yeah the Podcast is actually a great listen and actually explains his reasoning for what he says. TBH i agree with a lot of what he says. He def doesnt have an axe to grind with the club as he actually talks them up quite a bit too.

Yeah I feel like Schofield says what he thinks and it’s sometimes controversial, as opposed to Cornes who says something controversial for the sake of being controversial and getting clicks.

He is in danger of being over exposed though. He’s bloody everywhere - on radio, special comments on telly, writing articles, hosting podcasts …

The articles are essentially quoting himself on the podcast, which is an astute little 2 for 1 he's set himself up with.

I like having a Voice From the West. X Ellis did it for a while but he's blown up now (in more ways than one)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put my hand up and admit to being completely surprised by this turn of events. I haven't come across any anti-vaxxers that were willing to shift their position this late in the game. My speculation is that maybe Darling was willing to get vaccinated (or at least, was ambivalent about it) but held off because of his wife's anti-vax stance -- hence why the situation became sensitive. It's not like a player can come out and publicly say "I'm willing to get vaccinated, but my wife is threatening to leave me if I do."

That doesn't entirely explain why he'd cut off contact with the club and his mates. But then again, that might have been due to the legal advice he was getting. He can't really tell the club that he's has a 'condition' while simultaneously telling his mates something different. Entirely speculative on my part, of course.

Doesn't change the fact that the whole thing has been a bit of a s**t-show.

The fact that he didn’t provide people a running commentary on his decision making irks some people on here, that’s their problem.

Never had an issue with that. Medical stuff should always remain private unless of course the person voluntarily releases it.

However, WC, the AFL and his manager have confirmed JD made no contact during the past few weeks. It would have been easy for him to come to a private vaccination arrangement with all parties concerned, and then they would simply confirm that all players including Jack Darling are on track to meet the AFL's vaccination mandate - but they didn't.

He isn't the innocent victim in this saga and has alienated the people he is supposed to be working with, so you can see where Will Schofield is coming from with his comments.

The articles are essentially quoting himself on the podcast, which is an astute little 2 for 1 he's set himself up with.

I like having a Voice From the West. X Ellis did it for a while but he's blown up now (in more ways than one)

Schofield is good, you're right in that he speaks his mind but even he admitted on Backchat that he has an axe to grind with the Eagles for the way his career ended, and I also think he over compensates his views with Eagles to appear impartial for other media gigs - similar to what Karl Langdon does.

JD has always come across as quite an introverted personality, softly spoken, doesn’t do a lot of interviews.
My guess is that he was suffering genuine stress and anxiety in regards to taking a vaccine, he probably didn’t want to share this with every mother f***er on the planet and after doing his research he decided that Novavax was ok with him.
The fact that he didn’t provide people a running commentary on his decision making irks some people on here, that’s their problem.
I’m glad his anxiety is over, and he can get back to doing what he loves, playing footy for WC.
Welcome back Jack.

Amen to this.
Some ppl truly are quick to eat their own.

Without Darling's 3rd quarter of monstered marks in the GF (and his first 11 games of 2018 in general) - we'd be having to watch countless replays of Cox's annoying 8"11 pouty lip strut and DeGoey doing his bogan version of Ben Cousins spinny finger on the Premiership Cup.

Show the guy some respect - he's allowed to make his own decision of what he is willing to inject into his own body.

Having won a premiership in 2018 alongside Darling, Schofield said the forward would have to repair some relationships at the club after the “perceived selfishness” of his decision-making process.

“If I was still a player at West Coast, I would find it difficult to accept Jack Darling back into the group for this season,” Schofield wrote on Code Sports.

“For footballers, everything is overridden by the desire to win and, for the last three months, Darling’s absence has not helped the Eagles in their quest to do that. That would be hard for me to come to terms with.

“I know there are people in that building who are thinking the same way.”

21st January to 10th March equals 3 months now?

Sheesh, where has the year gone :rolleyes:

Also.
Shuey did his hamstring a week after JD was excluded from training. Shuey is pushing to play round 1.

Let that sink in - his ~6-7 week hamstring (which has stopped him training at high intensity) might not keep him out of round 1. I'd say based on that (and assuming JD's condition is good - from the Insta posts others have referenced it is) he's massive chance for round 1.

The right thing by the club would have been communicating when the original deadline hit that he was committed to getting Novavax when it became available and then taking leave and training by himself until he got dosed. No fuss.

What I don't get is he got his first dose 3 weeks ago, why no comms until today?

Someone speculated he wanted to keep it private but that doesnt add up, it's come out and it always was going to.

The elephant in the room is still the stupid workplace injury BS which is something Jack posted himself. It's pretty obvious where all the shenanigans have emanated from and it's not the Eagles or the AFL.

Agree with the last point about the workplace injury, but if he had really completely cut off comms from the club how come he isn't on the inactive list (we had the chance to do that on Tuesday/Wednesday but didn't)? It was the obvious move, we were all scratching our heads, and 2 days later he is magically fully vaxxed.

It's almost as if someone at the club knew.......

Show the guy some respect - he's allowed to make his own decision of what he is willing to inject into his own body.

There's a reason why Liam Jones and Jack Darling have been treated differently by the media even if they are both anti-vax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back