News Jack Darling resumes with WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be taking the cash, telling them I'm giving them water and then vaccinating them. Who are they going to complain to?
4gj5j2.gif

Last edited:

Awesome news. I always held hope he would come to his senses. But he pushed us all to that limit. One week out from season opener.

Regardless he is a player we can't afford to lose and left such a big hole while he was gone. After Allen's injury we were in trouble unless we got Darling back. There is not much else in our tall forward line up.

Kennedy Darling Allen and then is what the hell are we going to do.

I'm optimistic now with him back. We have a quality forward line. Ryan Rioli Jones SSP petrol with keys Kennedy and Darling is pretty dangerous. Looking forward to round one. If we get Shuey back it's all guns blazing again.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Save the pro-Simpson propaganda for the podcast tough guy.

The only good thing about the 10 goal + losses is you don’t post for a week

I also lack the self-control to not post for a day, let alone a week.

And here we go with the usual stuff - you make a ridiculously over-the-top statement, I point out your statement is ridiculously over-the-top, you insist that means I’m spouting propaganda for the other side of your argument.

You really were born without the part of the brain that deals with nuance, weren’t you.

And here we go with the usual stuff - you make a ridiculously over-the-top statement, I point out your statement is ridiculously over-the-top, you insist that means I’m spouting propaganda for the other side of your argument.

You really were born without the part of the brain that deals with nuance, weren’t you.
Save the pro-Simpson propaganda for the podcast tough guy.

The only good thing about the 10 goal + losses is you don’t post for a week
89c.gif

Can you stop taking this thread off track and save it for the “posters surly that waterman may now be out of the team support group” thread?

Can you stop taking this thread off track and save it for the “posters surly that waterman may now be out of the team support group” thread?

Tells me to stop talking thread off track.

Mentions Waterman for some reason.

“ After time away from the club and the West Coast Eagles ticking off all necessary AFL and other requirements, premiership forward Jack Darling returned to the club today and re-joined his teammates and coaches at training.

He will now undergo the requisite medical assessment and continue to build his football fitness base as he strives to resume his AFL career as soon as possible.

Darling has been training away from the club for a number of weeks and will need to re-condition his body for match play as he strives to build on his 236-game, 450-goal career.

This period has been a very difficult one for Jack and his family and we ask that his privacy be respected.

The club will not be making any comment on any of our players’ private medical information.”

I hope Jack has a career best season, makes AA and sticks it right up the idiot so called WCE fans criticising his actions with regard to his own body.

While also taking an uncontested mark in the goal square before kicking the match-winning goal in the Grand Final too.

Punish me Jack. As hard as you like. Take home the Coleman too. And the Norm Smith. Oh yes.

“ After time away from the club and the West Coast Eagles ticking off all necessary AFL and other requirements, premiership forward Jack Darling returned to the club today and re-joined his teammates and coaches at training.

He will now undergo the requisite medical assessment and continue to build his football fitness base as he strives to resume his AFL career as soon as possible.

Darling has been training away from the club for a number of weeks and will need to re-condition his body for match play as he strives to build on his 236-game, 450-goal career.

This period has been a very difficult one for Jack and his family and we ask that his privacy be respected.

The club will not be making any comment on any of our players’ private medical information.”
Reading between the lines it seems as if he has either found a loophole or just doesn't want to admit he has been vaccinated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be taking the cash, telling them I'm giving them water and then vaccinating them. Who are they going to complain to?
*gatorade

It’s the west coast way

Awesome news. I always held hope he would come to his senses. But he pushed us all to that limit. One week out from season opener.

Regardless he is a player we can't afford to lose and left such a big hole while he was gone. After Allen's injury we were in trouble unless we got Darling back. There is not much else in our tall forward line up.

Kennedy Darling Allen and then is what the hell are we going to do.

I'm optimistic now with him back. We have a quality forward line. Ryan Rioli Jones SSP petrol with keys Kennedy and Darling is pretty dangerous. Looking forward to round one. If we get Shuey back it's all guns blazing again.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
A soft start to the season also gives us the chance to notch a few wins before the tough games kick in, while hopefully getting some players back. Gold Coast, North, Fremantle and Collingwood is a reasonable draw, could be 3-1 before facing Sydney. Mind you, if we're 1-3 or 0-4, might as well fold the club.

Reading between the lines it seems as if he has either found a loophole or just doesn't want to admit he has been vaccinated?
Yep I thought that. Potentially common sense may well have prevailed.

Bottom line is elite fitness AFL players being locked out of the sport is embarrassing. The bloke is literally in the top handful of healthiest people in Australia.

Better for all concerned to just let him play, not ask too many questions and end the whole thing as an issue (which it should never have been).

Bottom line is elite fitness AFL players being locked out of the sport is embarrassing. The bloke is literally in the top handful of healthiest people in Australia.

Doesn’t matter how many times it’s pointed out that getting vaccinated isn’t just for the benefit of your own personal health, it doesn’t sink in for some people does it.

Conceding to an unvaccinated player would also be a bit unfair on Liam Jones, Jed Anderson and Cam Ellis-Yolmen methinks.

sh*t house situation all around but at least now the club gets to play Jack and he gets paid.

Everything else about this has sucked.

I hope Jack has a career best season, makes AA and sticks it right up the idiot so called WCE fans criticising his actions with regard to his own body.
I hope he does too, for his team mates, his club and the fans!
Hope he has an outstanding season and kicks a bag of snags every game!
It will certainly straighten us up and help us fly right.
But he'll still be a prized turkey in my eyes. Jack the special whack!

He applied for and was denied a medical exemption so you can rule out him finding a loophole.

For whatever reason he clearly isn’t comfortable discussing the topic of vaccination publicly. I suspect the club haven’t wanted to inflame the situation so they’ve skirted around the issue whenever they’ve addressed it

When he could no longer be at the club they said he’d failed to meet the AFL’s vaccination protocols rather than directly say he hadn’t been vaccinated. Same thing now, rather than say he’s been vaccinated they’re running with meeting protocols

Out of all this we only know for sure that on January 21 he wasn’t vaccinated and now on March 11 he’s had the required 2 doses. That means he received his first dose on February 18 at the latest which was the same time Novovax first became available

So for all the talk about him being an antivaxxer the reality is he took the vaccine he was comfortable with at the earliest available opportunity

To what extent he kept the club advised of his actions we’ll likely never know for certain

Hopefully he clears the air with his teammates and goes on to have a really good season

Yep I thought that. Potentially common sense may well have prevailed.

Better for all concerned to just let him play, not ask too many questions and end the whole thing as an issue (which it should never have been).
You can't be this dim, can only assume it's deliberately dim for nefarious purposes.

Tim Kelly is among the handful of healthiest people in Australia. But what about his kids, his sister, his other relatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back