Rumour Jaeger O'Meara to Hawks 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been rumored for a few months now on the Carlton board that we are seriously interested as Judd, Carrazo retirements frees up considerable cap space. I guess most clubs are throwing their hat in though.

We are linked to everyone though.

O'Meara is not worth 2 first round picks. High risk selection based on injury and unless he has a very good season, a club would be crazy to even contemplate such a deal. Has all the talent but a player has to show some consistency of performance to warrant such a high price. Most here are overrating this bloke based on potential and not what he's delivered. I'd rather give 2 first rounders for a guy like wines.

Wat, he's been good/excellent/outstanding on field in the AFL so far. Consistency of performance is not an issue, his injuries are.

Even if those injuries limit his outside running capacity, he is still long term value as a inside mid - assuming he plays.

Sorry mate
GC will be asking for a lot don't think Hawks will have the trade currency will need to get other clubs involved to get the picks that will satisfy GC.
but I think that you could be wrong. If the Hawks want Omera they could offer two first rounders & a player & it would be a done deal. The confidence in the midfield list going forward is pretty strong & 1 ready made gun is all that's required IMO to keep the premiership window open.
To miss 1 first rd draft 2017, hand over rd1 2016 & give up a top 10 player that can potentially be covered from within the current list is a simple play to NAB a jet! It will come down to cost & length of contract. The talk of a 10 yr contract is BS IMO, 5-6 max at
$750 sounds about right for Hawthorn. I can't see them paying overs to get him... It's not the Hawthorn way

Knees are shot. Hope hawks sign him to a massive long-term contract

People said the EXACT same thing about Burgoyne and look where that led him. It seems every player is linked to one of Hawks, Richmond or Collingwood. I doubt he is going to any of the 3, but if Hawks got O'Meara, it'd be an incredible pick up for the Hawks.

He is going to Richmond, its a lock.

Benny Gale knows the CEO at GCS via a mate and they have agreed to do the deal. Benny has not spoken to O'Meara or his agent about this move but you can take it to the bank. No doubt KB will announce it soon.

Benny Gale knows the CEO at GCS via a mate and they have agreed to do the deal. Benny has not spoken to O'Meara or his agent about this move but you can take it to the bank. No doubt KB will announce it soon.
Thanks for confirming, thread closed.

That's what the tigers said about treloar he is at pies so he will either stay or the Hawks maybe a smokie north

Norf are cooked, this is their last shot. Their list age is something like 26.5. He won't go there.

Manager meeting with the club today, if he does leave, which I do hope we can convince him to stay. It is going to be a hefty price paid by whatever club that wants him.
At the good chance I'll sound arrogant saying this... But if he names the Hawks (as many rumours are suggesting he will) then he and them will have GC bent over a barrell. It's all well and good to say that your club will say things like "do as we say or take your chance in the PSD" but history shows when push comes to shove that a club in GCs position will take the unders trade offer rather than the alternative nothing on offer for making an example of the player.

If he does leave for Victoria (as I believe he will) then your best hope is that he doesn't name any side in particular. But again history suggests he will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the good chance I'll sound arrogant saying this... But if he names the Hawks (as many rumours are suggesting he will) then he and them will have GC bent over a barrell. It's all well and good to say that your club will say things like "do as we say or take your chance in the PSD" but history shows when push comes to shove that a club in GCs position will take the unders trade offer rather than the alternative nothing on offer for making an example of the player.

If he does leave for Victoria (as I believe he will) then your best hope is that he doesn't name any side in particular. But again history suggests he will.
get off the grass
BEAMS%20Dayne.png
151019_treloarrelease300a.jpg
6848344-3x4-340x453.jpg

After the year we spent rehabbing his knee and sending him to a surgeon overseas, I'd hate if he demanded to go somewhere. If he wants to move to Melbourne and we can accommodate that is fine. But demanding a single club is pretty sly.

Serious question you would be more pissed if he chased cash like Ablett and moved to Melbourne, than if he did a Dangerfield and moved home?

After the year we spent rehabbing his knee and sending him to a surgeon overseas, I'd hate if he demanded to go somewhere. If he wants to move to Melbourne and we can accommodate that is fine. But demanding a single club is pretty sly.
Whatever deal he gets will be 5 years minimum. He's going to have a preference to a particular club. People are going to be upset at him for leaving either way so he might as well go all in and make sure he gets to where he wants.

get off the grass
BEAMS%20Dayne.png
151019_treloarrelease300a.jpg
6848344-3x4-340x453.jpg

It's the manager's ploy.
It's a guaranteed winner. If a player is linked with Hawthorn, any club interested in him will add an extra $100,000 to their offer.

Except Hawthorn.

Yes the Pies have shown many reasons why they have similar prospects to two top 4 clubs.:rolleyes:
If the pies managed to get O'Meara there midfield would as good as any midfield ever with penlebury Swan sidebottom treloar Adams De goey crisp Aish greenwood broomhead with Grundy and Witt's rucking to them so if it happened look out here comes the pies

Okay I'm getting in early here but I spoke to a Club recruiter recently whom informed me that Hodge & Mitchell really struggle to get up for each game & they will retire at the end of this year which will leave room in the Hawks salary cap to make a huge play O'Meara.
obviously allot of water has to go under the bridge for this to happen but I'f so you heard it here first!

They can have him. A gun he is BUT his body while ripped in muscle is not made for the riggers of afl. Too problematic. Hawks can have him. Got a feeling he'll never be 100% and wont have a hige career. Unfortunetly.

Having said that if the hawks get him and burton right ... Omg the era continues.

They can have him. A gun he is BUT his body while ripped in muscle is not made for the riggers of afl. Too problematic. Hawks can have him. Got a feeling he'll never be 100% and wont have a hige career. Unfortunetly.

Having said that if the hawks get him and burton right ... Omg the era continues.

I'm not sure what JOM you have been watching but he can tear a game open off his own boot!
Sure he has had & has knee issues but with a full season to focus on football he can be managed according.
We have taken on guys with injuries & managed injuries & somewhat fixed injuries (Burgoyne, his "shot" knees & Cyril's hammy issues *touch wood* & Burton should be no different I wouldn't have thought).
I have said this in another thread but if JOM only gets back to 90% he will still be 15% better than the guy next to him.
At worst it will be his longevity that will come up short... (See Burgoyne) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back