BrisGirl

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
This is a wonderful boy and a much loved team member.

As time goes on and he turns into a man in front of our eyes, he is coming into his own as one of the games greats. The one thing that warms my heart, is that he is a Club man, through and through. He is ours forever until his retirement.

It is this undying dedication to his team mates and the Club that has him looking after the team before his own health.

I got a very strong impression that JB was hurting during the Dogs game and he was favouring one side of his body when he came off the ground after the game.

If JB is injured, and if he requires surgery, I would rather he bites the bullet and has it now, so he can heal and be ready for the end of the season, than have him carrry the pain through the season.

I know he has said he is managing the pain and is confident that it is coming good, but I truly hope he is not putting himself through too much pain to get himself through a game.

I was curious as to what my fellow supporters and their thoughts are when we have a team member, carrying an injury. Do you believe that they should take time out to heal properly, or carry on through the pain until the end of the season as long as they are on the ground?

This is an interesting question. Having an injury and keep playing football with the injury still present.

I believe if he is injured, he should take time out now and be right for the last half of the season when we need him most. There is no point playing with an injury, but Bronwy has been playing well so far this year and if he has an injury, it isn't affecting his performance. This is coming from someone who requires their second knee reconstruction in 24 months. I know this year it would have been possible with me playing football with my knee in a brace and strapped, but I didn't want to tear it again so I'm having the operation sometime.

Back to Browny, if he requires surgery of any sort, he should get it done now and be right at the end of the year when it matters most. At the moment it doesn't seem to be affecting his performance and we don't know if he needs an operation, so it's a hard question to answer whether he takes an operation now or he takes a week or 2 off.

But definately if players need an operation of any sort that requires a few weeks off football, best to take it now than risk it later in the season if the injury gets worse. And if the injury isn't affecting performance, no point having a few weeks off unless it gets worse and you can't run out games.

Current injury aside you must worry about the length his football career is going to last if he continues to fearleesly throw his body around. Just occassionally I wouldn't mind seeing him hold back a little. With Leppa under a cloud and Lynchy and Bozo out we probably do need JB to play this week.Somewhere along the season I would like to see him have a couple of weeks off to get his body right. Our medical people have done a great job managing the players over the last couple of years and I am happy to leave it in their hands.

Originally posted by troppo
Current injury aside you must worry about the length his football career is going to last if he continues to fearleesly throw his body around.

Are you sure you are not talking about Vossy?

Vossy is notorious for throwing his body around and he is as strong as ever, but I agree with you, I wish they would take more care

Remove this Banner Ad

Back