BROWNLOW MEDAL Count - 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven May 0 votes Jake Melksham 1 vote

Last edited:
If someone on the street did that to ah chee,they would be in jail. Cripps is no more than a common thug,Cripps what comes around goes around remember that when you take out a player who is actually wanting to play the game the way it should be played,FAIRLY, I hope that happens to you and they get let off.Cripps I will never forgive what you did to Ahchee,you low life scumbag.You took someone out going for the ball NOT THE MAN!!!! Parasite.

Last edited:

Nah it’s honestly bullshit. The entire reason for overturning it was based on the belief that Gleeson not giving word for word correct instructions would’ve somehow clouded the tribunal’s judgement and affected their decision.

Absolute bullshit argument, absolute bullshit that it even stood up and was overturned, absolute bullshit Brownlow medallist.

Hope the c*nt gets what’s coming to him.
It's still a head scratcher as to how they can overturn the tribunal's decision, but surely that would revert it to the MRO's decision of two weeks. ******* stupid.

The fact that Gil manufactured the "count" in the last round so that Sniper Cripps won on the very last vote, is testament to that.

Do they think we are stupid?

WCW couldn't dream up a better ending

There is a prima facie case that the whole thing is rigged

Nah they always do this, they leave the games featuring vote leaders in the last round where votes matter to the end

It's still a head scratcher as to how they can overturn the tribunal's decision, but surely that would revert it to the MRO's decision of two weeks. ******* stupid.
The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that Gleeson stuffed up his "instructions" to the original Appeals Tribunal on purpose.

How convenient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gil has unofficially put the asterisk on the win

Would have been really happy for Lachie if he won again. Love his playing. Amd enjoy watching your team.
I never thought Crippa was guilty of that and I wasn't alone. Plenty non Carlton footy heads also thought he had nothing to answer for.
I call out our club's our players crap when I see it, just like some on here would.
But to begrudge Paddy...such a hard working honest and gutsy player?
He has to put up with so much disappointment ...and is a player's player. An amazing talent.
Geez
A fair bit stingy.

Would have been really happy for Lachie if he won again. Love his playing. Amd enjoy watching your team.
I never thought Crippa was guilty of that and I wasn't alone. Plenty non Carlton footy heads also thought he had nothing to answer for.
I call out our club's our players crap when I see it, just like some on here would.
He has to put up with so much disappointment ...and is a player's player. An amazing talent.
Geez
A fair bit stingy.

You don’t think he should’ve been punished for elbowing a guy in the head and causing him to miss several games because he was that concussed?

I like Cripps as a player, this wasn’t his to win though.

No. I like many, including the appeals judges, saw an accidental event, unfortuante but not in any way intentional. I never thought that with Juddy...he could be preally dirty at times. Not Crippa though. No. I honestly don't think he was guilty.

You’ve clearly no idea what you’re talking about then, because the “appeals judges” DIDN’T see it as an “accidental event”, they upheld his suspension.

He got off on a procedural technicality, they weren’t disputing at all that he deserved to be suspended.

I like Cripps more than I like Oliver so preferred him to win if not Lachie of the 3...

... he should not have been eligible in the first place... he was and as they say, it is what it is.

..but Lachie should've won on his unblemished merits.

Geez
A fair bit stingy.
He was found guilty mate. So the talking heads you refer to are wrong. I agree it isn’t Cripps fault but surely you can see why it would irk people with how it played out.

I'm hoping Neale polls strongly but doesn't win it next year. WAIT, hear me out!

Teams with players who win the Brownlow in recent times are rarely from the team who wins the whole thing. If Lachie doesn't win it but polls strongly, it means that other players on the team have been taking votes off him and that can only be a good thing.

Man we need Dunkley!

No. I like many, including the appeals judges, saw an accidental event, unfortuante but not in any way intentional. I never thought that with Juddy...he could be preally dirty at times. Not Crippa though. No. I honestly don't think he was guilty.

You realise the MRO didn't say it was intentional right? They graded it careless, which IMO it was.

Getting off on a technicality =/= didn't deserve to be suspended for his actions based on how the AFL has their rules. Rayner copped a week for a 'sling' tackle where Brown's head hit the turf and couldn't get that overturned. I don't think you'd say Rayner intended to drive his head into the turf.

It was within Cripps' right to challenge the decision; the way they reached the conclusion of the appeal was farcical.

You realise the MRO didn't say it was intentional right? They graded it careless, which IMO it was.

Getting off on a technicality =/= didn't deserve to be suspended for his actions based on how the AFL has their rules. Rayner copped a week for a 'sling' tackle where Brown's head hit the turf and couldn't get that overturned. I don't think you'd say Rayner intended to drive his head into the turf.

It was within Cripps' right to challenge the decision; the way they reached the conclusion of the appeal was farcical.

Exactly. If he’d challenged and got off it would’ve been questionable still, but it is what it is and that’s how the tribunal roulette goes sometimes.

But he challenged, got his suspension upheld, and then somehow got off on a bullshit technicality.

He was going for the ball.
He wasn't careless. He got the ball.
From my pov, he shouldn't have been cited..As I said..a lot of footy heads also state this...it was devisive. So although..technically...he got off on a technicality...I'm saying he was wrongly charged.
But I'm also saying he thoroughly deserves the Brownlow.
Anyway
Cheers.
Only 1 point difference.
Well done L. Neale.
See ya next year.

… … … … … … … …

You dropped a few more of these buddy

He was going for the ball.
He wasn't careless. He got the ball.
From my pov, he shouldn't have been cited..As I said..a lot of footy heads also state this...it was devisive. So although..technically...he got off on a technicality...I'm saying he was wrongly charged.
But I'm also saying he thoroughly deserves the Brownlow.
Anyway
Cheers.
Only 1 point difference.
Well done L. Neale.
See ya next year.

I don't see why you felt the need to educate the Brisbane board on the matter, it's been discussed at length previously. I wonder how well the Carlton board would take to opposition posters coming in and expressing their opinion re Cripps' Brownlow*.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back