Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Crouch would be my pick to get nominated this week or Jayden Laverde
I could live with Crouch, but not Laverde. He was good, but I would hope they reward the consistency of De Goey over the year ahead of one good game from Laverde.

I could live with Crouch, but not Laverde. He was good, but I would hope they reward the consistency of De Goey over the year ahead of one good game from Laverde.

Moore did not get 1 after his 5 Goal Game so doubt Laverde will get 1 after 1 okay game

I hope he gets rising star this week. He deserves it! Played really well on friday!

However, Lambert from Richmond played really good as well. So tough one there

Lambert would be too Old?

I hope he gets rising star this week. He deserves it! Played really well on friday!

However, Lambert from Richmond played really good as well. So tough one there
He did play well, but Lambert is 23 so I'm almost certain he's ineligible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice article here love this:

"This season, De Goey’s average of five tackles and seven tackle attempts ranks No. 1 in the AFL for all debutants to have played 10 games.
His tackle efficiency of 71 per cent is No. 4 in the league while De Goey’s 13.3 pressure acts per game is the seventh-best of the newcomers."

Interesting that he hadn't spoken to Pies in 2 or 3 months before the draft (and that Hine had loved his footy from 2013):

“I didn’t really think it was going to be Collingwood because I hadn’t spoken to them for a while leading up to the draft.
I spoke to them about two or three months before, whereas all the other clubs were keeping in contact right up until the draft.”

Maybe Hine remembers getting burnt by his interest in the Bont and was keeping a lid on his interest in De Goey.

Nice article here love this:

"This season, De Goey’s average of five tackles and seven tackle attempts ranks No. 1 in the AFL for all debutants to have played 10 games.
His tackle efficiency of 71 per cent is No. 4 in the league while De Goey’s 13.3 pressure acts per game is the seventh-best of the newcomers."

Interesting that he hadn't spoken to Pies in 2 or 3 months before the draft (and that Hine had loved his footy from 2013):

“I didn’t really think it was going to be Collingwood because I hadn’t spoken to them for a while leading up to the draft.
I spoke to them about two or three months before, whereas all the other clubs were keeping in contact right up until the draft.”

Maybe Hine remembers getting burnt by his interest in the Bont and was keeping a lid on his interest in De Goey.

Those are some pretty impressive numbers right there for a first year player. We've got a beauty here.

I know they would do their homework on all prospects but Hine probably didn't expect to have pick 5 in the draft until Beams wanted out. Landing young Jordan before then would have probably seemed a pipe dream as pick 9 was always going to be needed for Moore.

And to think I wanted Peter Wright at pick 5. Not knocking Peter for 1 second, but I love the Goo!

Same Here I also wanted Peter and I still would not Complain about that but De Goey has been Fantastic in his 1st Season

Same Here I also wanted Peter and I still would not Complain about that but De Goey has been Fantastic in his 1st Season
Been very very good.
And tough at the ball.

So all that's left is what new number will he get next year?
I'm thinking 2, sorry Sam (who I do like)

And to think I wanted Peter Wright at pick 5. Not knocking Peter for 1 second, but I love the Goo!
Oh, imagine this place would've in melt down, all these tall rucks on the list... They'd have kittens bagging us out saying why didn't we pick up someone like de Goey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back