Jude Bolton re-signed

Remove this Banner Ad

scottwade

Premiership Player
Feb 23, 2006
around
AFL Club
Sydney
http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/trade-bait-retained/2007/10/17/1192300859498.html

The Swans recontracted Bolton, a premiership midfielder, to a new two-year contract less than a week after flagging the possibility of moving him to another club.
During last week's buy-and-sell,... Bolton was made available if a first-round pick was forthcoming. When nibbles at that price didn't eventuate, the Swans said Bolton would remain with them... they made sure Bolton fronted up next year with an increase in financial terms to ensure he did not take his chances in the pre-season draft.

Good news! had a bit of an average year, lets just hope they keep him in the midfield instead of playing him as a forward!!

im also curious as to what you guys think; out of him, schnides & dempster i woulda wana keep jude... anyone disagree??

Good news! had a bit of an average year, lets just hope they keep him in the midfield instead of playing him as a forward!!

im also curious as to what you guys think; out of him, schnides & dempster i woulda wana keep jude... anyone disagree??

Id rather keep Schnieder but only due to his age. I believe Jude Bolton is just as skilled but he only has afew more years left in him while Schnieder has about 8 more years left in him.

Id rather keep Schnieder but only due to his age. I believe Jude Bolton is just as skilled but he only has afew more years left in him while Schnieder has about 8 more years left in him.

You cant really compare the two, one is a soft outsider and the other a hard inside player.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Good to see him continue, as hard midfielders are heaps harder to find than running receivers like Schneider. The draft has many every year.

Our success has come from the shut down midfield types in my opinion an example of this is the fact that we were about the only midfield that could compete with the Eagles' even when they were at full strength.

I too liked Schneider, but I can assure you all in two years he will be a memory of past glory, hopefully replaced by a new running favourite.

WE are the same supporters that would be after Roo's head if the team didn't change and dropped down the ladder due to being too old and too slow and no changes, so lets all try and look forward not look back however painful it might be at the moment.

I too liked Schneider, but I can assure you all in two years he will be a memory of past glory, hopefully replaced by a new running favourite.

WE are the same supporters that would be after Roo's head if the team didn't change and dropped down the ladder due to being too old and too slow and no changes, so lets all try and look forward not look back however painful it might be at the moment.

That is the best thing I have heard/read since trade week started. It is time to embrace what has happened and bring on '08.

You cant really compare the two, one is a soft outsider and the other a hard inside player.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Good to see him continue, as hard midfielders are heaps harder to find than running receivers like Schneider. The draft has many every year.

Our success has come from the shut down midfield types in my opinion an example of this is the fact that we were about the only midfield that could compete with the Eagles' even when they were at full strength.

Good to see a little more positive stuff from my fellow Swan supporters.
Exactly right! Hard nut versus outside pretty player that couldn't finish off at crunch time!! That the crux of it all! Jude would make the Saints a FAR, FAR more dangerous team then Schneider will. And we all know how much his worth is for Roos. Jude was offered for trade but only if we got a first round pick in return. Yet Roos let Schneids go for a second rounder, with Dempster thrown in to get the deal done!

Nothing more to discuss really! The men in the know, (Roosy & Rossy) know exactly what players are worth!

He was always going to stay after he wasn't traded. Great to see him re-sign with the club.

Yes keep him in the midfield! I dont know what Roosy was thinking starting him outside the sqaure. He does his best work in the middle and that's where he should remain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back