jumper clashes!!!!! this weekend, what the *

Remove this Banner Ad

You're presuming the club doesn't have a set of both the away and clash with the 'home sponsor arrangement' (and home with 'away', for that matter) stashed away in case of odd situations. I suspect they would, even if they might be an older template.

Couple of Crows players have been running around in the old puma guernsey and there's been nothing done about it. So if you did have an old away jumper with home sponsor arrangements, I couldn't see it being a big issue.

According to an article on the Age, the AFL gave us the choice of the Royal Wings or the White Flag and we chose the White Flag. I'm actually very angry about this and my anger is at the fools that are destroying the club from within.

This is infuriating. The club is becoming divorced from the fans and making unilateral decisions that do not reflect our desires.

Surely he know the answer to this question?

I implore all of you to jump on Twitter and answer this question.

If you don't have Twitter email him.

If you don't have an email walk to Subiaco Oval and tell him.

West Coast Eagles‏@WestCoastEagles 3h
No, the club did not have a choice. RT @HarrisonN17: @WestCoastEagles did you have any choice in the matter

West Coast Eagles‏@WestCoastEagles 3h
.@JBarney1994 as directed by the AFL, we will be wearing our white clash jumpers.

You guys are getting shafted by the VFL here. Might be the one and only time I ever find myself on your side.

Richmond should be made to play skins if they can't provide an adequate clash jumper, though they better leave the Tassie ranga at home to stop the viewers getting snow blindness.

Surely he know the answer to this question?

I implore all of you to jump on Twitter and answer this question.

If you don't have Twitter email him.

If you don't have an email walk to Subiaco Oval and tell him.

Reads to me like a rhetorical question

Of course the AFL are going to request what gives the greatest contrast on a Friday night, they just don't understand the landscape at West Coast. The clash guernsey is an untraditional, unsuccessful abomination. The Wings is our jumper.
If that is the case, this is when the club needs to stand up and tell the AFL they DO have an appropriate kit that won't clash with the Tigers - and it doesn't happen to be white.
The Sandgroper, stick-it-up-the-Vics foundations this club was built on are all but gone.

Whatever the outcome, the truth is the Tigers have no clash strip, the Eagles have no balls, and the AFL has NFI.

We had Basil and Steve Mills on 6pr talking about the clash guernsey this morning, How Richmond & Collingwood are the only two clubs in the league who do not have clash strips.

Said a small pocket of supporters called "bring back the wings" are very upset about it... he's right!

At least its in an open forum now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the response speaks to the lack of trust between club and fans on the issue. A big, unambiguous statement of the club's preference would achieve a lot more.
Yep, that's true.

They seem to be dealing with the "RTW" movement as a minority group still. No doubt the geniuses in marketing have some focus groups that espouse the value of navy and white.

As a supporter of a team that is often on the wrong side of these calls by the AFL get in to 'em Eagles fans. This is yet another example of the Melbourne boy's club looking after its own. Good luck this weekend.

Last year I think it was, Richmond [must have been them) played in their main jumper, yellow and black.
They also had white shorts.

They played in their 'clash' guernsey which was their home jumper with yellow stripes down the sides - which actually made the aesthetic clusterfolk worse by adding even more yellow to the mix.

Utter shambles.

What an absolute farcical joke.
We finally get a home Friday night prime time game and we have to wear our clash/away strip.
NO!!!!!!!!!
If it's good enough for 16 teams to have a clash jumper then it should be good enough for 18.

If a team feels they are above all others and shouldn't have to have a clash jumper then whenever there is a game where it is needed they should have to forfeit their point's, stuff em.

Yep, that's true.

They seem to be dealing with the "RTW" movement as a minority group still. No doubt the geniuses in marketing have some focus groups that espouse the value of navy and white.

If only they'd had some sort of jumper vote type thing on their website to see the real popularity of the wings, compared to the tri panel.

If only they'd had some sort of jumper vote type thing on their website to see the real popularity of the wings, compared to the tri panel.
No mate, in this age of technology we need to do a paper and pen exercise so the old fogies (who don't buy any of the jumpers mind you) get their say.

No mate, in this age of technology we need to do a paper and pen exercise so the old fogies (who don't buy any of the jumpers mind you) get their say.
I don't care if they are over 55, over 80 or dead, the clubs never given a s**t what any fans had to say, whether it online or written. Unless of course, it's written in a chequebook.

Really good the club is taking this side of the people on Facebook, where I've seen multiple suggest Scott Selwood would have most disposals tonight.

I have never even visited the clubs Facebook page but it sounds like it would be a good laugh until you realise they are serious.

What are they saying on Facebook? Is it club sock puppets saying "I like the idea of the clash jumper"..."yeah me too" "we need more navy tri-panel"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back