Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear to god New Balance * up our guernseys every single year to the point where they look like something I've mocked up here. They've gotten our colours wrong for years and we're now at a point where the red is becoming a pale pink and the blue is bordering on a really dark purple.
Melbourne 2024.png

Melbourne 2025.png
Here is a redesign for 2025. Brighter red and a more appropriate blue with a bigger, wider yoke.

I swear to god New Balance * up our guernseys every single year to the point where they look like something I've mocked up here. They've gotten our colours wrong for years and we're now at a point where the red is becoming a pale pink and the blue is bordering on a really dark purple.
View attachment 1928958

View attachment 1928968
Here is a redesign for 2025. Brighter red and a more appropriate blue with a bigger, wider yoke.

I’d say it’s more likely how it’s showing up under certain lighting - I think that’s a bit exaggerated, especially compared to say Richmond with BLK.

IMG_7950.jpeg

I’d say it’s more likely how it’s showing up under certain lighting - I think that’s a bit exaggerated, especially compared to say Richmond with BLK.

View attachment 1929036
I agree my 2024 design looks exaggerated but I did extract the colours from a retail 2024 guernsey and that’s what it came back with.

Regardless, the colours aren't right and just about any Melbourne fan could tell you that. A yoke re-design is a good idea anyway. There’s a night and day difference when you compare your physical guernseys, most notably a New Balance from 2024 vs a Reebok from 2008. The old Reebok colours are vastly superior.

I also own 8 different New Balance Melbourne guernseys and they’re all slightly different colours each year. Here you can see the difference between a 2019 and a 2022 when there’s suppose to be zero difference. There’s no sun damage with either of these jumpers too. You can see how different the blue is. IMG_4611.jpeg

I agree my 2024 design looks exaggerated but I did extract the colours from a retail 2024 guernsey and that’s what it came back with.

Regardless, the colours aren't right and just about any Melbourne fan could tell you that. A yoke re-design is a good idea anyway. There’s a night and day difference when you compare your physical guernseys, most notably a New Balance from 2024 vs a Reebok from 2008. The old Reebok colours are vastly superior.

I also own 8 different New Balance Melbourne guernseys and they’re all slightly different colours each year. Here you can see the difference between a 2019 and a 2022 when there’s suppose to be zero difference. There’s no sun damage with either of these jumpers too. You can see how different the blue is. View attachment 1929137

Freight Train will attest how hard it is to have the colour in mind print correctly, might be a case of the colour just coming out wrong

I also own 8 different New Balance Melbourne guernseys and they’re all slightly different colours each year. Here you can see the difference between a 2019 and a 2022 when there’s suppose to be zero difference. There’s no sun damage with either of these jumpers too. You can see how different the blue is. View attachment 1929137

Freight Train will attest how hard it is to have the colour in mind print correctly, might be a case of the colour just coming out wrong

Definitely plenty of variables when it comes to sublimation, including fabric, inks, factory, machine used, how it presents under different lighting etc.

One thing that does come to mind though is that perhaps the colours are going more in line with whatever the “true” club colours are, which might not necessarily be the most vibrant or deep shades of red or navy. These things all get approved at a club level as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably better doing that grey as white as it gets lost, but would be neat seeing Pink Power
Port Adelaide Magenta copy.png I used the same shade of "silver" from their silver away guernsey from a couple of years ago. I thought it would be a good idea to incorporate silver somehow as it is a club colour, even though its rarely seen. The silver makes it feel like more of a Port guernsey in my opinion. The white looks good too and I can see why some would like it more but in my opinion it makes the guernsey look more like a breast cancer charity jumper rather than a true third kit.

I like to see these AFL 23 custom kits but I think some of your colours are too bright and saturated. I think you could be a bit more careful with logo placement too although I know the controls are very touchy.
Yeah I agree I probably went too far with the saturation and the logo placement is a pain in this game, there's no way to properly align anything. It looked 10x better on my phone than my on laptop.

Last edited:
Well there was a bit of debate about GWS's clash (which respectfully could've been better) I reckon this could be a simple solution, follows in line with the home kit and would look alright. Note: The back is orange but has a little bit of charcoal like Melbourne's guernsey. Also file was massive so just screenshotted it 🤷‍♂️
1710930741890.png 1710930784668.png

Well there was a bit of debate about GWS's clash (which respectfully could've been better) I reckon this could be a simple solution, follows in line with the home kit and would look alright. Note: The back is orange but has a little bit of charcoal like Melbourne's guernsey. Also file was massive so just screenshotted it 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 1934084View attachment 1934085
exactly what i was thinking way better

View attachment 1928958

View attachment 1928968
There’s a new stitching style this year for New Balance/Belgravia but doubt that will make a difference with the colours.

I wouldn’t think Melbourne would provide different PMS colours year to year unless they have a rebrand. So it’d be down to manufacturing.

Neckline sponsors are also here to stay unfortunately, especially with NB teams as they don’t offer cash for it. Zurich would be requesting their logo in a box to have it standout against the red too.

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted one of these. Had some downtime at work so excuse the old Dylan template as that was all I can find and I don't have access to my templates atm but I thought i'd whip up what I would like to see North wear in 2025. I love the bounding roo but seeing it move as a permanent home strip seems far off unfortuently.

Home
nmfc home.jpg
Away
nmfc away.jpg
Clash
nmfc clash.jpg

andddd also had a crack at a Carlton clash strip....
carlton clash.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back