Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you reckon back in March we were told on the Monday before first game/showdown at AO, that we had 36 hours to review the 13 agreements and have them signed?? They covered the triumvirate of AO deal, licence hand back, and playing in the SANFL as a reserves team.

What would have happened if we said no? Cancelled the season? The deals were signed because their was a review clause. If the SANFL dont budge then the deal stays the same. We have no legal power because of the monopoly situation thanks to the failed bid in 1990. That's why I say its up to Gill and Jay more than KT to fix this. KT doesn't have the power. He only has his wits, power of persuasion and maybe public embarrassment of the SANFL on his side, and maybe Fagan.

I disagree. If the stadium deal isn't improved, we still have a club whose identity is more clearly defined as Port Adelaide est 1870 than it ever has been in our AFL history,

OneClub went through in 2010/2011 prior to the Thomas regime.

we have rising membership numbers,

We had rising memberships throughout the Primus era, oddly enough.

we have a fos style head coach,

Yes, excellent.

we're at the forefront of body conditioning and injury management,

We were with Russell and then Burgess the first time. We're also incredibly fortunate Mrs. Burgess wanted to come home to Adelaide.

we're playing at arguably the best stadium in the league

Again, not happening if Haysman didn't have the courage to blow the whistle.

with the best pregame entertainment,

Agreed. Defecates all over having one-hit wonders The Potbellendz performing their Jeep ad taking up space at one end.

we have a president on national tv every weekday, everything is on an upward trajectory.

We do and it is.

Let's not forget how dire things were when KT arrived. How can you say there is no real difference... Do things feel the same now as they did three years ago.

Without a stadium deal that results in us extracting real profit from half-a-million plus people coming through the gates there is no real difference.

Much of our current success was underpinned by strategic positions undertaken by the previous regime. The whistleblowing on the stadium deal and open war with the SANFL, the OneClub merger and move towards embracing who we are as opposed to Port Power FC teal TEAL TEAL KIDS LOVE TEAL!!

We're going through a boom at the moment and we're barely breaking even - because of stadium arrangements of the ilk we knew were untenable way back in 2009.

If we walk away without tangible improvement on this score - which has been KT's primary objective since he took the job - then nothing has changed.

When the inevitable cycle comes and we spend a period in the basement, with memberships and crowds waxing and waning, we will be in mortal danger.

Of course I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't get a fair and equitable stadium deal, but regardless, KT has been epic for this club.

He has, but only as a progression of steps taken before him. Just as elections are fought with "it's the economy stupid" at base, so it goes that the stadium deal is for all the marbles.

I'm sure I remember that you said some time ago that you were holding your judgement on KT's performance as a CEO based upon the number of bums on seats he generates.
Incorrect.

I guess you are entitled to increase the height of the hurdle. If by some way we do achieve a very favourable AO deal this time around then I wonder what the height of the next 'judgement hurdle' you will expect KT to leap over.
Its the same hurdle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, excellent.

We were with Russell and then Burgess the first time. We're also incredibly fortunate Mrs. Burgess wanted to come home to Adelaide.

Agreed. Defecates all over having one-hit wonders The Potbellendz performing their Jeep ad taking up space at one end.

We do and it is.

Without a stadium deal that results in us extracting real profit from half-a-million plus people coming through the gates there is no real difference.

Much of our current success was underpinned by strategic positions undertaken by the previous regime. The whistleblowing on the stadium deal and open war with the SANFL, the OneClub merger and move towards embracing who we are as opposed to Port Power FC teal TEAL TEAL KIDS LOVE TEAL!!

We're going through a boom at the moment and we're barely breaking even - because of stadium arrangements of the ilk we knew were untenable way back in 2009.

If we walk away without tangible improvement on this score - which has been KT's primary objective since he took the job - then nothing has changed.

When the inevitable cycle comes and we spend a period in the basement, with memberships and crowds waxing and waning, we will be in mortal danger.

He has, but only as a progression of steps taken before him. Just as elections are fought with "it's the economy stupid" at base, so it goes that the stadium deal is for all the marbles.
Thing is ... While previous leaders of the club did some great things, they also made some horrendous errors that crippled the club. The renewal of Chocos last contract was a disaster that sent us into a death spiral! Since coming on board, KT has nailed every major decision! We aren't where we are because of natural progression, we are here because we have been dynamically led ... Sure KT is only part of it, but he has played a significant role, and I am happy to back him the rest of the way. Cult of KT? If you say so, but I just call it rewarded loyalty.

Thing is ... While previous leaders of the club did some great things, they also made some horrendous errors that crippled the club. The renewal of Chocos last contract was a disaster that sent us into a death spiral! ........
My understanding is that Haysman was opposed to renewing Choco's contract but he was overruled by the board who had formed a sub-committee to make a recommendation. That could be interpreted as a failing of Haysman's persuasive powers or it could be interpreted as an indication of what a stubborn Choco centric board we had at the time.

Thing is ... While previous leaders of the club did some great things, they also made some horrendous errors that crippled the club. The renewal of Chocos last contract was a disaster that sent us into a death spiral!

A split board loyal to Williams for deeds past. Can happen. Keith himself has admitted Primus winning as expected against GWS would've all but sealed a third year for the big man.

Since coming on board, KT has nailed every major decision! We aren't where we are because of natural progression, we are here because we have been dynamically led ...

The current regime's leadership has been exemplary, but even they've admitted they were handed a superb foundation - contrary to popular and media belief - on which to execute their vision.

Does Duncanson have the profile to go out and court the likes of Renault? No. Did he hand on a unified club, brand and supporter base to his successor to sell to the multinational? Yes.

Does Haysman have the overarching background and football contacts to go out and court Ken Hinkley (who played with Thomas at Fitzroy, as it happens)? No. Did he sacrifice his career in the football industry and his very job at Port Adelaide to allow Thomas to sell the carrot of playing at a spaceage Adelaide Oval? Yes.

Sure KT is only part of it, but he has played a significant role, and I am happy to back him the rest of the way. Cult of KT? If you say so, but I just call it rewarded loyalty.

I didn't say so.

And I'm also happy to back him in - I have no reason not to - but I'm loathe to carry him shoulder high down Queen Street before his ultimate KPI is met, that's all.

KT has fanboys because he has pretty much nailed every controllable he actually has as CEO for the past three years. He's got the key appointments right, he's overseen a total brand overhaul that has greatly increased revenue from membership, sponsorship and the like, fixed the internal and external communication from the club, and overseen the move to Adelaide Oval and restructure of our SANFL team as smooth as anything.

The stadium deal is a big deal, literally and figuratively. We are talking about several millions of dollars per annum for both us and the Crows and, once you remove the vague language and niceties, it's all about shifting revenue from the SANFL's balance sheet to our balance sheet. That's no easy task and it's better that we take 2 years to get it right than get it done in 2 months and look back in years to come and wonder why we didn't push harder.

No doubt the stadium deal will be the big ticket financial item of KT's tenure as CEO but a CEO's job is more than just about getting the finances right, and even if it were he has already got a lot right in that department anyway. If KT were to resign today, I would happily say he has done a tremendous job as CEO.

A split board loyal to Williams for deeds past. Can happen. Keith himself has admitted Primus winning as expected against GWS would've all but sealed a third year for the big man.

The current regime's leadership has been exemplary, but even they've admitted they were handed a superb foundation - contrary to popular and media belief - on which to execute their vision.

Does Duncanson have the profile to go out and court the likes of Renault? No. Did he hand on a unified club, brand and supporter base to his successor to sell to the multinational? Yes.

Does Haysman have the overarching background and football contacts to go out and court Ken Hinkley (who played with Thomas at Fitzroy, as it happens)? No. Did he sacrifice his career in the football industry and his very job at Port Adelaide to allow Thomas to sell the carrot of playing at a spaceage Adelaide Oval? Yes.

I didn't say so.

And I'm also happy to back him in - I have no reason not to - but I'm loathe to carry him shoulder high down Queen Street before his ultimate KPI is met, that's all.

I've carried you shoulder high down Queen St and we haven't met our ultimate goal. :hearts:

Why the hypocrisy?

648473-90e4342c-858c-11e4-b6d1-a55c994c6803.jpg

This photo is perfect for a game of "Caption This". For mine, the smiles say one thing but the tilted heads and the eyes give a different message.

My caption would be "Yeah nah, the 19th man just doesn't get it"

Well I listened to KT and went to donate $47 on foodbanks website but

Yes, excellent.

We do and it is.

Excellent post Tribey
Both Haysman and Primus are much maligned by Port supporters .I believe they both had a part in our resurrection although not many credit them.They were pushing s**t uphill with a bit of wire and were under manned and under resourced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back