Key forwards lack of goals in grand finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy dominated the 2012 grand final - he just didn't kick straight.

Gunston's effort last year was huge. He should have won the Norm Smith.

This. Carey kicked 4 in 3 grand finals, Tredrea kicked 3 in 2 grand finals. The 2 best CHF in the last 2 decades got the teams to the big one but didnt win them off their own boots.

;) don't think I can let that one slide without at least pointing it out.
----

As someone said above - it is clear that Grand Finals are not the type of games where key forwards will kick a bag of goals... but would they stand out as that much different to tough fought games by top 4/6 throughout the H&A season or in the Finals?... and also with the overall change in game style over the last 20 years that has seen the change away from the monster forwards kicking 100 goals/year.

;) don't think I can let that one slide without at least pointing it out.
----

As someone said above - it is clear that Grand Finals are not the type of games where key forwards will kick a bag of goals... but would they stand out as that much different to tough fought games by top 4/6 throughout the H&A season or in the Finals?... and also with the overall change in game style over the last 20 years that has seen the change away from the monster forwards kicking 100 goals/year.

Let what slide?

Am I correct in believing there was some company out there offering the first player to kick 10 in a GF $1,000,000?
Crazy johns

Also had the same for any side to win both preseason and premiership in the same year

Unfortunately, he passed away soon after the announcement, and the prize money ceased with him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back