Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

To me its not up to KT to adhere to the AFL rules as much as it is for the clubs who contract and agree to the deals.

If I'm being paid 500k, 900k or whatever do I care where it comes from? It's up to the clubs/managers to abide by the rules and offer their players what is legal and able is it not?
If you sign a stat deck like he did then you are legally bound, he is a liar and a cheat and deserves the book thrown at him.

With due respect, the AFL have guidelines (somewhat cloudy-just ask Judd!) which all parties are aware of when signing deals. It is a whole new conversation about restraint of trade etc which is best left to another time.

I agree with you that players (i.e Scully, Folau, Ablett, etc...) are fools if they do not strike up the best deals for themselves.

My point is that is a poor excuse if an individual pleads ignorance if he does not understand the rules in which players can be paid under the AFL system.

To deliberately deceive the AFL as to the amount a player receives from football activities is always going to end in tears for all parties. The legalities of player payments are at the heart of why the AFL has been so successful over the last 15-20 years.

I just find it a cop out to plead ignorance (surely managers, family advice and letters telling him to not tell the AFL) to the deception that has taken place.

It smacks of the poor kid who takes his bat and ball and runs off to Mum when he doesn't get his own way.

A simple review of a tax return will quickly alert any investigator to total monies paid to an individual. Hopefully the "extra' was put on his return or the ATO might find this an interesting one to look at!

Call me a cynic, but with the amount of discussion that the Tippett "party" put into his contract to exit the AFC it would be absolutely amazing if Kurt Tippett was unaware of what he was signing and the potential for it to explode in his face if caught!

Agree, great post.

All involved deserve to be investigate without a doubt. I just think the club/player manager are the ones who are at more at fault in instigating and creating these "check this out, dont tell" situations. Aren't they the ones dangling the chocolates?

Dont get me wrong Tippett is at fault for still taking the alleged deal and signing. But I believe the others are further at fault for creating them.

ok GWS have now pulled out of the race for Tippett in the PSD

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/giants-will-not-select-tippett.html
The Chief Executive of the Greater Western Sydney GIANTS David Matthews said the club will not select Kurt Tippett in next week's pre-season draft.

So begs the question now, as we are next in line. Will Ashcroft and co come out sometime soon to say "no" or the "we'll investigate his contract request"

It would be interesting to see what price Kurt has put on his head considering his 50k fine and 11 game suspension.

Part of me wants him, and another part doesn't.

We can't get him. We don't have a pick in the PSD anymore.

imager.php

Remove this Banner Ad

Back