Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

"Recruiting mature age talent in Greg Broughton and also Tom Murphy and we go into the pre-season draft with a chance to potentially pick up someone else." - Marcus Ashcroft

There really isn't anyone else out there other than Tippett that you wouldn't put on your rookie list. Ashcroft giving us the hint?

If Tippett is disqualified for a majority of the season, then a rookie spot may be his easiest and possibly only only option to stay in the system. Can happily live on the Goldy, use his new blue surfboard, and run around in the reserves, if eligible? or possibly the Sharks?

If not, there are plenty of other options to fill 2-3 rookie spots, and provide our list with some experienced depth. Look what happened last year with our massive injury list, McQualter was recruited to play reserves only and ended up playing 5 senior games. If the club chooses wisely, we may find a player that demands a senior spot during the season, especially if he fills a void. Rookies are a cheap, 12-month no risk, plan B waiting in the reserves.

Sam Lonergan (ESS) 25yo, 79games, inside MID
Cruize Garlett (NM) 23, 32, inside MID (wants WA though)
Steven Salopek (PA) 27, 121, MID
Dean Polo (StK) 26, 77, MID
Brad symes (Ade) 27, 80, can play inside MID effectively

Matthew Bate (Melb) 25, 102, FWD, (possible FF)
Ricky Petterd (Melb) 24, 54, medium FWD
Ben Warren (NM) 23, 29, medium FWD
Bryce Retzlaff (Bris) 21, 11, key FWD
Andrew Collins (Carl) 23, 36, medium fwd/mid

Bret Thornton (Carl) 28, 188, Key DEF/part-time FWD
Tom Gillies (Gee) 22, 13, Key DEF
Simon Buckley (Col), 25, 47, medium DEF
James Hawksley (Bris), 23, 32, medium DEF

Jason Gram anyone? Still only 27, extremely versatile ball magnet, just a few stalking issues, might like living in a Surfers highrise with a balcony overlooking the beach? Throw in some binoculars as part of the deal.

Numerous options, and then there is the WAFL/SANFL/VFL stars that could be worth a shot.

wonder what the chances are of us re rookie-ing some players we've already de-listed, possibly Sam Iles, Coad or Flanagan?

We'd have to be a lock to get Retzlaff wouldn't we? Crazy Vossy has no clue what's going on with list management. Retzlaff 100% deserves a spot on our rookie list*

*as long as motivation is there, and I've no reason to believe its not

AFL finally charged Tippett & co. Hearing is next Monday. The lad is in a massive pile of shite. What are everyone's predictions of penalty? Lengthy suspension or de-registration?

Would you really want him on the team after all of this crap? Part of me would love the massive lulz that would come with Tippett going to GWS, but... I would be worried if we got him. His attitude is a major turn off. Didn't he announce he was leaving Adelaide via twitter or text message?

[/media]

I know you've always been pro Tippett, but after all he has done, do you really still think he could have a positive effect on the club?

Did Benny Cousins have a positive effect on the Tigers, and he was by far a naughtier boy than Kurtly!? Let's see what punishment is handed down, and assess our options if any. I personally think the AFL will want him at GWS if he is eligible this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Benny Cousins have a positive effect on the Tigers, and he was by far a naughtier boy than Kurtly!? Let's see what punishment is handed down, and assess our options if any. I personally think the AFL will want him at GWS if he is eligible this season.
Fair point, but I just think bringing in a player, who originally did not want to be a part of the team being paid big money might be a bit disheartening for some.

I know you've always been pro Tippett, but after all he has done, do you really still think he could have a positive effect on the club?
Adelaide took Wayne Carey on board... Honestly if he was getting paid one of the lowest wages at the club, I could not see a problem.

Dont think he will be able to get to the Gold Coast.

If he isn't able to nominate his own terms then, GWS would snap him up with the first pick.

If he is able to nominate terms then GWS would still have to pass on him and then we would have to match the offer that we said we couldn't.

Honestly if he was getting paid one of the lowest wages at the club, I could not see a problem.
Thats the issue, after what has transpired I can't imagine he is going to set himself as one of the lowest paid players, he is going to set himself at a highly inflated price, which could be better spent on retaining players.

I just hate the fact they got 2 goes at the top 3 picks 2 years in a row.. Our highest pick in he second year was 4 which I'm not complaining about because we got jaeger, but still they will have a lot of good kids in 5 years
Best part about draft picks is the people shopping for the groceries sometimes pick too much junk.

Greene will never be a superstar. I doubt he'll eve be worthy of an AA spot. He's Jarryd Blair 2.0. Watch him in his second year. Might pick up a few superfluous touches but he's actually no good. Back me in on this one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back