Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4426.813507304&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

KT on da coast!!1!

223699_439537426109618_286206720_n.jpg

"...and kids, that's how i ripped off the crows!"

Tippett can nominate his contract terms when he nominates for the draft, that's how many $ in each year over how many years.

So if he is drafted by your club, the AFL rules state that you can't vary those conditions.

Tippett will be looking at a four year deal of $800K per year plus a bit more in year 3 and 4 from what I've read.

Sydney can certainly meet that, GWS certainly can, you guys probably, Brisbane probably.

Would his personality type suit your club? Will his big salary in 2014-2016 hurt your chances of retaining top youngsters who will be lured by their true worth elsewhere, maybe even their home state? Big things to weigh up before drafting Tippett. I think GWS are just making headlines, Gold Coast or Brisbane would be my tip which is where the AFL would like to see him go.

GWS can certainly pay overs for Tippett now with Folau quitting. Even if they were only paying half of his 4yr $6mil contract, it frees up a whole lotta cash.

What I think is funny is that Kurt picked Sydney over places like Brisbane and Gold Coast because Sydney would be playing finals footy. That was one of the main reasons, according to his manager. Which I honestly can understand. I can see how playing finals footy regularly could be a luring factor.

Now it looks like he'll be playing for the wooden spooners. If he had known he was going to end up at the Giants or a team 3-4 years away from finals, I think he would preferred and nominated to move back to QLD. Both of the QLD clubs are closer to finals than GWS.

Irony, I guess?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I think is funny is that Kurt picked Sydney over places like Brisbane and Gold Coast because Sydney would be playing finals footy. That was one of the main reasons, according to his manager. Which I honestly can understand. I can see how playing finals footy regularly could be a luring factor.

Now it looks like he'll be playing for the wooden spooners. If he had known he was going to end up at the Giants or a team 3-4 years away from finals, I think he would preferred and nominated to move back to QLD. Both of the QLD clubs are closer to finals than GWS.

Irony, I guess?

Here is the question though, let's say he does go to GWS (on a two year deal?). Surely after spending a year or two in (west) Sydney he would become a lot less keen on staying there (I would presume). So hypothetically at the end of next season if it comes out that he wants to go home to Queensland would/should the Suns still be interested?

It would be coming to a point at the end of 2013 where the Suns young forwards should be starting to really prove themselves. I'm still not 100% convinced the Suns won't draft him in the PSD if he is available.

It would be coming to a point at the end of 2013 where the Suns young forwards should be starting to really prove themselves. I'm still not 100% convinced the Suns won't draft him in the PSD if he is available.
If he was available we'd probably go for it depending on what our situation is, but I can't see us entering a public battle for his services, GWS seem much more keen than we are.

Here is the question though, let's say he does go to GWS (on a two year deal?). Surely after spending a year or two in (west) Sydney he would become a lot less keen on staying there (I would presume). So hypothetically at the end of next season if it comes out that he wants to go home to Queensland would/should the Suns still be interested?

I think by the end of next season some of our other KPF prospects (Lynch, Day, Dicko, May) will be making more of an impact, therefore making most people realise we didn't need Tippett all along.

I think by the end of next season some of our other KPF prospects (Lynch, Day, Dicko, May) will be making more of an impact, therefore making most people realise we didn't need Tippett all along.

I'll see that and raise you a Gorringe!

I like that everyone is up late, it'll make for some good chats when things are actually happening. :p

He is screwed, GWS now have the funds to get him so nominating a large salary wont ashore his to fall to the Swans, it is only if he nominates a stupid figure say 1.2 M and if he does I am not sure even Sydney would take him as they would have to pay that amount. He cant nominate an amount and then play for less and that is 1.2 mill over 4 years out of their cap, that will destroy the Swans culture as he will be on more than 4 times the average players wage.

The only chance I see him having is to say he NOW wants to play in QLD and QLD only (after much soul searching of course) and they may then allow him to fall to us at pick 2. Personally I don't want him and doubt he will be anywhere but GWS and that is exactly what he deserves. Greedy cheat and now karma is giving him a lesson (assuming Karma is Demitriou's middle name)

He is screwed, GWS now have the funds to get him so nominating a large salary wont ashore his to fall to the Swans, it is only if he nominates a stupid figure say 1.2 M and if he does I am not sure even Sydney would take him as they would have to pay that amount. He cant nominate an amount and then play for less and that is 1.2 mill over 4 years out of their cap, that will destroy the Swans culture as he will be on more than 4 times the average players wage.

The only chance I see him having is to say he NOW wants to play in QLD and QLD only (after much soul searching of course) and they may then allow him to fall to us at pick 2. Personally I don't want him and doubt he will be anywhere but GWS and that is exactly what he deserves. Greedy cheat and now karma is giving him a lesson (assuming Karma is Demitriou's middle name)

Gws are a cagey mob and i think they have played this pretty well. They know he does not want to go there so they have set the media on to him. It now has a momentum of its own that tippett will find very difficult to halt.

He is now under intense Afl and media scrutiny and any attempt to freeze gws out will create a sh...t storm of epic proportion.

Gotta love Sheeds

"Recruiting mature age talent in Greg Broughton and also Tom Murphy and we go into the pre-season draft with a chance to potentially pick up someone else." - Marcus Ashcroft

There really isn't anyone else out there other than Tippett that you wouldn't put on your rookie list. Ashcroft giving us the hint?

Call me a cynic but I can't but help think GWS may have persuaded Israel Folau to return to rugby (either code) so they could have a crack at Tippett.

The timing of it all just seems to be on the nose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back