Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

what about the US open, and the linesperson...and asking about the similarities?

"During the 2001 U.S. Open Hewitt complained to Swiss umpire Andreas Egli after being called for two foot-faults by a linesman and requested that the official be moved. "Look at him. Look at him and you tell me what the similarity is. Just get him off the court." The 'similarity' was possibly in reference to both his opponent James Blake and the linesman being black. Hewitt told officials what he meant by the comment was that the same linesman made both foot-fault calls. Tournament referee Brian Earley decided not to fine Hewitt, saying, "There was no gesture in the direction of Mr. Blake when he made the comments about 'the similarities'. He did not use Mr. Blake's name. He didn't say 'my opponent.'""

Not surprised that Dawn Fraser made those comments.

Look, Dawn Fraser is a fat, ugly washed-up old mole who can't go away gracefully.

I remember that she did this before, and told Jelena Dokic to "go back to where she came from" as well.

She was also a bitch on "Celebrity Appentice Australia" when she kept telling Stephanie Rice to shut up, and treated her like crap. Maybe Dawn was jealous that Rice was more attractive, smarter and slimmer, while Dawn is a gray-haired fat old c...

Fraser is also a thief, and stole a flag at the Tokyo Olympics. She should thank her lucky stars that she wasn't swimming in the Twitter or internet age, or she would cop a lot more criticism, and not be held in the regard that she is.

I notice though, that the media who normally love calling out racists, haven't criticised her. I bet that the media will also twist this to make it to make Dawn the hero and Kyrgios the villian of their little story, proving once again the hypocrisy of the douchebag sports media and the sheep who follow them.

Lets not best around the bush... it was a crap moment in Aussie sport... Im trying to think of another sportsman who stoop as low as Kyrios is a non-effort performance and I can only think of Ballotelli in a pre-season game which riled his coach and was the end of him at Man City

Lets not best around the bush... it was a crap moment in Aussie sport... Im trying to think of another sportsman who stoop as low as Kyrios is a non-effort performance and I can only think of Ballotelli in a pre-season game which riled his coach and was the end of him at Man City

I dunno, I watched 22 men not give a s**t against St Kilda for 2 hours last weekend. For me that was far worse than Kyrgios tanking one game.

GOAT's verdict:

storm_in_a_teacup_by_kritter5x-d31kwvp.jpg

Q. There was a moment on Court 2 today when Kyrgios appeared to tank a game, not try.
ROGER FEDERER: One game?

Q. One game, yeah. Can you understand someone getting frustrated and doing that or do you find that disrespectful?
ROGER FEDERER: Towards whom?

Q. Towards the crowd who paid good money to watch you.
ROGER FEDERER: A game is like 55 seconds. Again, did he really do it or not? A game where a guy serves well, is that tanking, too? It's like sometimes it's part of like a boxer when he puts his hands down, is that tanking? Then he swings freely again.

I think we shouldn't dig too deep into those kind of things. If you told me he did an entire set, plus more, plus this, I'd say, Okay, it's a bit much probably. But I just watched the end of the third, the end of the fourth. He was fighting then. He was really wanting to win. He should have been in the fifth at the end.

In my opinion, it was a great match and it was close. The fans got their money's worth, in my opinion. It was a close match last year. He saved nine match points against Richard. Today two. So one game to me is part of tactics, as well, sometimes to throw the other guy off. Maybe yourself, you can be frustrated and just not feel like it for a couple of points. Especially a younger guy, it's going to happen more often than one of the top guys that have been around, that just like say, Okay, point mentality, we'll do it again and again and again and again. For a younger guys, it's a little bit boring at times, which I understand.

Nice to see an older statesman like Fed looking out for a youngster on the receiving end of a feral media campaign :thumbsu:

GOAT's verdict:

storm_in_a_teacup_by_kritter5x-d31kwvp.jpg

Nice to see an older statesman like Fed looking out for a youngster on the receiving end of a feral media campaign :thumbsu:

what a fantastic, measured, level headed perspective on things. id like to hear dawns reply to that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't tell me players don't conceed games when receiving in a set when being down 5-0 so they can serve at the start of the next set. Whilst Kyrgios conceeded the game cause he was frustrated at the ump, it isn't something that is completely foreign in a match.

dawn fraser hates this

The daily Kygrios headline today is that he is hooking up with Alja Tomljanovic

You can't tell me players don't conceed games when receiving in a set when being down 5-0 so they can serve at the start of the next set. Whilst Kyrgios conceeded the game cause he was frustrated at the ump, it isn't something that is completely foreign in a match.

I am pretty sure Murray and Novak have conceded games or sets when down 4-0 or 5-0

It happens.

If Kyrgios cant respect Laver's opinion then surely this is reasonable grounds to rescind his citizenship

Anybody that has a problem with what Dawn said, I give you Jelena Dokic as an example.
Left Australia to Represent some former Yugoslav country, after all her development was done at Australia's expense.
If they can choose to go and rescind their Australian citizenship when it suits why can't we ask them to rack off?
Just like the dual nationals that go to fight with ISIS, totally with Abbot on that one.

By the way I am a wog who normally votes Labor!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back