Toast Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep same - we're bay bros.

Maybe we sit near each other and bitch about how annoying the other one is.
Yeah that one was right in front of us too. It's the flank of sprays.

doubt it, Row L. seat... 4. I dont scream " Kick it" every five seconds....

I'm
I'm block 130, it was right in front of me too. Block 129 are pussies

HA. There was a guy in block 128 (or 130) dont know which way the numbers go. He had dreads, always wore a one of the hard-yakka jumpers, with a freo logo tattoo on his arm. he was the most vocal dude we had near us. he would always get the crowd involved and rile up the opposition supporters. I recon he got more people kicked out of a game than anyone else in the stadium. dead-set legend.

but lachie, legend to back on topic....

Most importantly Lachie has been drafted as the final puzzle piece in my Ultimate Footy GF team.. had somehow slipped through the cracks and was still a free agent... bring it home son :thumbsu:
Yup. My Supercoach team says "Thankyou Lachie!"

Didn't he retire before you were born?

I know Ted Whitten was a prick of the highest order and someone the footy community should be ashamed of, not in celebration of, and the old prick died when I was barely speaking. Guess you shouldn't call Haydn Bunton or Bernie Naylor champs either.

doubt it, Row L. seat... 4. I dont scream " Kick it" every five seconds....

HA. There was a guy in block 128 (or 130) dont know which way the numbers go. He had dreads, always wore a one of the hard-yakka jumpers, with a freo logo tattoo on his arm. he was the most vocal dude we had near us. he would always get the crowd involved and rile up the opposition supporters. I recon he got more people kicked out of a game than anyone else in the stadium. dead-set legend.

but lachie, legend to back on topic....

I know the bloke you're talking about. I used to work at Subi as ground staff (on the 128/129 stairs) and he sits in Block 128, about row D. He got the crowd fired up every week. Was awesome the way he riled up the opposition fans.

I think they really need to look at the rules for the rising star now that there is a sub.

images

... to get drafted

Unless you are a clone of Ballas and some dude from One Direction, in which case the "no short arses" rule is relaxed, if only so Ballas has a looka-like / Mini-Ballas decoy to confuse the heck out of the other mob...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Neale, did anyone else see the absolute baking SonSon gave him after he gave too much loft on a kick to him? I think it was the third qr.
Neal had it on the wong and tried a pass down the line....
SonSon: "LACHIE.... WHAT THE ****" *pointing to the ground*
*Lachie has hands on hips*
SonSOn: "**** SAKE"

wow.... I thought it was a little harsh. Not everyone has Sonny's foot skills, but the expectation of everyone out there is so high at the moment.

Says something good about the attitude towards perfection.

I reckon it's good. They demand excellence from each other and establishing that expectation from a young age stays with them for their careers. Nothing that can't be sorted out over a slice of pizza in the change room after the game.

Loved seeing this - especially giving it was Son Son who gave the spray - so good to see that someone like him or Clancee (both of whom nearly got cut) are now the drivers of the basic standards. The gunyounguns will learn so much more from having the message drilled into them by their peers (Son-Son, Clancee, Barlow, Mayney etc) than they ever will from having Rosscoe Pekoe or some old aged coach go off at them in he video room during the week. I reckon Ross knows this, which is why he has driven the likes of Walters, Ballas, Clancee, Crowls and Guu to be the on field drivers of the other younger guys. Not everyone on our team is loud and show-offy in leadership (see Fyfe, Dawson, Elvis, MJ, Mundy and Hilly, all of whom are real key players for us, but none of whom I can ever recall baking or geeing up a team-mate). This just means the more demonstrative characters (Walters, Mayney, Ballas, Crowls) have a specific role to play on game day...

High praise from Greg Harding for Lachie. In fact this is an OK article if you ignore the bit about Clancee coming back into the team this week

'In time, he will become an A-grade midfielder.
With another pre-season under his belt, he'll start challenging the likes of Mundy and Barlow as the number one or two midfielders at the Dockers.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/unheralded-midfielder-near-top-of-danger-list-20130915-2tswj.html#ixzz2ey8TkNXz

Just read this. Big wrap for a kid , pick. 54 just making his way in AFL. If he's half as good as what is being stated then it throws out any draft logic there is, but there will always be room for short ball magnet like Leigh Montagna in any team no matter what pick they are. Game on

disagree with the last paragraph about 24 touches when we win and 17 when we lose.
Has only come good this season and we've won pretty much every game so far this season so obviously those no.s are going to jump more than the average per loss as we havent had many games this yr where we've lost and he wasn't this good last year.
Him winning lots of the ball = Winning is a myth that comes with not looking deep enough into things like this.

disagree with the last paragraph about 24 touches when we win and 17 when we lose.
Has only come good this season and we've won pretty much every game so far this season so obviously those no.s are going to jump more than the average per loss as we havent had many games this yr where we've lost and he wasn't this good last year.
Him winning lots of the ball = Winning is a myth that comes with not looking deep enough into things like this.

He was also a sub in one or two games, which I think we lost ( probably more last year). This means that this stat is largely insignificant.

At this stage he's benefitting from being the last guy or second last picked in a very deep midfield. Yes we're a better side when he's playing but I really can't see John Longmire thinking about Neale when there's Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Pearce, Barlow and Suban running around not to mention other players forward and back.

Neale will do very little different this week to the previous month as he is once again overlooked by opposition coaches who are trying to stop more experienced players. He's a second year player btw, the time will come when he is considered more important by those outside freo.

Actually pretty unlucky to have a played in 10 losses of of 21 games. Probably the player on our list with worse win-loss ratio over the past 2 years (at least of those who played a reasonable amount of footy).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back