Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The pile of poop's game-plan:

e4c5fa90fb94cd2e2357d3d92bdd645b.jpg

I see Collingwood have signed Will Parker, nephew of our head of drafting, Geoff Parker!

Will was a very highly rated junior footballer who chose to play cricket instead. I think he played some Shield Cricket. He wasn't far off being a Cat B pick which you get to be on if you haven't played footy for 3 or 4 years. We should have been into him 110% over the last 3 or 4 years and at the front of queue whenever he chose to give up cricket. If we had an inkling he was going to get back to footy before qualifying for Cat B status, we should have left a list spot open.

This is a huge miss and indicates that we are dropping our game in the recruiting area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our recruiting is usually fairly on the money, and I doubt we've simply missed that he was eligible/interested given the family connection.

I see Collingwood have signed Will Parker, nephew of our head of drafting, Geoff Parker!

Will was a very highly rated junior footballer who chose to play cricket instead. I think he played some Shield Cricket. He wasn't far off being a Cat B pick which you get to be on if you haven't played footy for 3 or 4 years. We should have been into him 110% over the last 3 or 4 years and at the front of queue whenever he chose to give up cricket. If we had an inkling he was going to get back to footy before qualifying for Cat B status, we should have left a list spot open.

This is a huge miss and indicates that we are dropping our game in the recruiting area.
LOL ... SO you reckon Geoff Parker our head of recruiting dropped the ball over recruiting his own s̶o̶n̶ nephew?? Still trying to get my head around that!

I would hazard a wee guess that Parker knew exactly where his son was at. That he was fully aware of his sons attributes and abilities, and that there was some deliberation about whether or not to go for him. I would also hazard a guess that there is a reason why he didnt make a play for him. More than likely along the lines that the family wanted to avoid the conflict of interest issues that could arise.

Good luck to the lad.

Last edited:
LOL ... SO you reckon Geoff Parker our head of recruiting dropped the ball over recruiting his own son?? Still trying to get my head around that!

I would hazard a wee guess that Parker knew exactly where his son was at. That he was fully aware of his sons attributes and abilities, and that there was some deliberation about whether or not to go for him. I would also hazard a guess that there is a reason why he didnt make a play for him. More than likely along the lines that the family wanted to avoid the conflict of interest issues that could arise.

Good luck to the lad.
Nephew

We never seem to bother much with Cat Bs and it annoys me.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back