Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Please don't make a boob of yourself over this Kochie.

Just send them a guernsey and an AFL subscription and welcome them aboard.

Haha.

Reminds me of that jamoke who took two existing Port Adelaide devices, mashed them up, and demanded compensation for ‘plagiarism’.

Trent McKenzie in the GWS final last year

I don't believe any member of the Chappell family were actual Port supporters, but I have a recollection of Ian commenting way back in the late 70's or early 80's that if he had to choose a football club to play for his life it would be Port Adelaide. :thumbsu:
Martin Chappell was a big Westies fan and ingrained his boys to be west fans. Ian had a soft spot for Sturt, his grandpa - Vic Richardson - played for. He helped launch a book about Vic and Sturt a decade ago.

Ian said he hated Port, after going to watch all those GFs Westies lost to Port usually by less than a goal in the 1950s and one in the 60's.

Has this been discussed anywhere yet? I wonder if this means we have ditched BankSA.

Port Adelaide partner with Credit Union SA​

PORT ADELAIDE is pleased to announce a new partnership with Credit Union SA.

The deal marks the largest sporting partnership in Credit Union SA’s history and will see both brands align to offer exclusive deals and prize opportunities to both the iconic South Australian brand’s customers, and Port Adelaide members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This popped up on my FB feed. A couple names famiilar to Ports - Brett Montgomery and Richard Ambrose.

Gavin Wanganeen not in the photo, obviously too good for U19s.

1710726849609.png

May be well out of the loop and a really dumb question, but i went to get tickets for Gather round v Bombers and it is saying no tickets left. Surely this genuinely wont be sold out...?

May be well out of the loop and a really dumb question, but i went to get tickets for Gather round v Bombers and it is saying no tickets left. Surely this genuinely wont be sold out...?
Why not??

Its a Friday night game, 40,000 to 50,000 people are travelling to Adelaide for the week, so given there will only be about 9,000 at the Brisbane v North game at the Parade then maybe 5,000 Essendon and 10,000 neutrals and 38,000 Port fans rock up. It was a cheap buy for club members from all 18 clubs.

Remember that last year on the Friday night, 9,300 rocked up to the Parade to watch Freo v GC game at 4pmish on the Parade, and 42,100 rocked up at 7pmish at Adelaide Oval to watch Sydney v Richmond.

The crowd between the two teams was bigger than the two teams have ever drawn at the SCG or the Olympic Stadium and outside of finals, only a handfull of games between the 2 sides have drawn more people in Melbourne.

Why not??

Its a Friday night game, 40,000 to 50,000 people are travelling to Adelaide for the week, so given there will only be about 9,000 at the Brisbane v North game at the Parade then maybe 5,000 Essendon and 10,000 neutrals and 38,000 Port fans rock up. It was a cheap buy for club members from all 18 clubs.

Remember that last year on the Friday night, 9,300 rocked up to the Parade to watch Freo v GC game at 4pmish on the Parade, and 42,100 rocked up at 7pmish at Adelaide Oval to watch Sydney v Richmond.

The crowd between the two teams was bigger than the two teams have ever drawn at the SCG or the Olympic Stadium and outside of finals, only a handfull of games between the 2 sides have drawn more people in Melbourne.
yeh fair point mate. I hope you are right. I bought some random tickets in the "Collective 18+" area in the Riverbank.

This popped up on my FB feed. A couple names famiilar to Ports - Brett Montgomery and Richard Ambrose.

Gavin Wanganeen not in the photo, obviously too good for U19s.

View attachment 1931598

‘Jim Hird’ too. Who, freshly-retired, was brought in by Choco before a certain game to address the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back