Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

"You've come to a working-class club. Um, we have to fight and scrap for everything we have, which we love."

Hearing Cassisi, shambling idiot that he is, regurgitate "widdle battler cwub" talking points makes me sick.

Cucksissy

May be well out of the loop and a really dumb question, but i went to get tickets for Gather round v Bombers and it is saying no tickets left. Surely this genuinely wont be sold out...?

Don't board members get tickets?

Self described "working class club" which turns over approximately $60 million per year, who just finished building a new $25 million facility and where the players are paid $13.5 million between them per year.

The club’s casual pivot to portraying itself as Shinboners West or Central District+ continues to baffle.

What does it possibly achieve for the club and its fanbase, other than to provide a preloaded excuse to fail?

Last edited:
The club’s casual pivot to portraying itself as Shinboners West or Central District+ continues to baffle.

What does it possibly achieve for the club and its fanbase, other than to provide a preloaded excuse to fail?
You just answered your own question. The preloaded excuse isn't an unintended side consequence, it's the point. If we didn't have excuses then failure would result in underperformers being moved on, and we can't have that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Cassissi some sort of white collar person post retirement?

Real working class fella.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Runs his own finance broking business. Acts like a hot shot but he's hardly a captain of industry. A bit of humility wouldn't go astray.

The club is good at not paying 100% of the TPP and ASA's and not having contract clauses re passing on 100% of future TPP % increases from new media deals, put into player contracts, like most of the Vic clubs.

Maybe pushing the working class club among the players, helps put in their head ( and their manager's) that they can't max out contract deals like the wealthier clubs.

Bit of love in the comments for the old 97-09 guernsey in Ports latest throwback insta post.

Unsure whether its the nostalgia talking but atm I prefer it to the current design.

The 97-09 guernsey, plus the bars here and there.........

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s just the nostalgia, it was pretty s**t.

Bit of love in the comments for the old 97-09 guernsey in Ports latest throwback insta post.

Unsure whether its the nostalgia talking but atm I prefer it to the current design.

The 97-09 guernsey, plus the bars here and there.........

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have made a list of Port guernsies, ignoring simple variations and “thirds”.

I have found 18 types (11 main; 6 clashes; 1 in-between):
NOTES:
a. Pre-AFL #2 may have not been official.
b. Pre-AFL #8 and #9 (specially #8) seemed to be too different. So, I didn’t consider them mere variations, but designs of their own.
c. I couldn’t consider the SBS to be a clash, even though it was. It’s my 3rd favorite after the PB’s and the current design.

I’m open to suggestions and comments.

You guys just don't understand.

You should be hype that Cassisi may well be the next star board member of the club.

Sick Cartoon GIF by Scooby-Doo

Scott Lycett might be interested.

Joel Garner and Boyd Woodcock have been selected for the VFL's game against the SANFL during gather round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back