Strategy List build: Draft, trade 2024-

Remove this Banner Ad

perhaps more worrying

I think the list might need a reset too...and i wonder who they locked in

perhaps more worrying

I think the list might need a reset too...and i wonder who they locked in
It'll be interesting who gets re-signed for 2024. We probably will start hearing about that and delistings soon. Trade period is early? december, with the draft mid december.
Doesn't appear there will be any retirees, unless thats to come soon, but not something that was planned otherside could have had a final game.

So the following one more year?

Jordyn Allen heads up a series of top talent in Imogen Barnett, Tarni Brown, Lauren Butler and Aishling Sheridan who have all penned fresh two-year deals.

In addition, Collingwood foundation players Brittany Bonnici and Ruby Schleicher as well as key talents in Mikala Cann, Sarah Rowe, Eliza James and Charlotte Taylor have all signed contract extensions to remain in the black and white until at least the end of 2024.

Last edited:

i think stacey livingston is a bit of a litmus test.... if she continues, then they'll be relying on the new coach to bring fresh magic..

I don't know Burger or anything about her, however it doesn't yell to the potential good players from elsewhere come and play at the Pies does it?
Surely it's time for someone with some pull (a known x player or coach).
She could be great but I'm not sure it's what we need right now.
Also she is part of the Symonds regime for the last 5 seasons. Fresh Start, new eyes and minds ,new direction?? Will we get it from her?

I don't know Burger or anything about her, however it doesn't yell to the potential good players from elsewhere come and play at the Pies does it?
Surely it's time for someone with some pull (a known x player or coach).
She could be great but I'm not sure it's what we need right now.
Also she is part of the Symonds regime for the last 5 seasons. Fresh Start, new eyes and minds ,new direction?? Will we get it from her?

i think there's a case that symonds was just keeping the seat warm for the last couple of years while she coached at a lower level for experience. She has been annointed....i'd be very surprised if she didnt get it.

Get rid of Sabrina and Rowe please!
Sab can’t get off the ground and Rowe is a turnover queen!

Rowe was a coaches fav, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see her and Collingwood part ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact we're an interested party shows we're after another ruck

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are the frontrunners in a potentially blockbuster AFLW deal for Sydney's star ruck Ally Morphett, who is considering her future after a breakout year for the Swans.

It's understood Morphett has met with the Bulldogs and a number of other clubs, including Collingwood and Essendon, and is currently weighing up the prospect of accepting a lucrative five-year offer to move to the Whitten Oval.

I see Katie Lynch, former Magpie, is looking to leave the Doggies. Surely we have to be putting our hat in the ring, considering she's a key back, which we lack depth in.
Replaces Livingston who I think is done or only depth for another year.
However we would want to name a coach early as I think potential incoming players would like to know and speak to that person before committing.

I see Katie Lynch, former Magpie, is looking to leave the Doggies. Surely we have to be putting our hat in the ring, considering she's a key back, which we lack depth in.
Looks like GC are favourites.

It'll be a bit hard to attract players without a coach, so hopefully they get taht sorted soon
The draft is in a few weeks too

The Dockers are also in discussions over a deal for Brazill from the Magpies, as the club looks to improve upon its 4-6 campaign and return to the AFLW finals picture for the first time since season six.
Brazill, 33, is a dual sports star – she was part of Australia's netball teams that won the Commonwealth Games gold medal in 2022 and the Netball World Cup in 2023 – and had previously spent five seasons with Perth-based netball team the West Coast Fever.

The veteran has played 32 AFLW games for Collingwood, while she also spent seven seasons playing and then co-captaining Collingwood's netball affiliate before it disbanded in June this year.

Brazill was an AFLW All-Australian in 2019, when she was named at full-back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dockers are also in discussions over a deal for Brazill from the Magpies, as the club looks to improve upon its 4-6 campaign and return to the AFLW finals picture for the first time since season six.
Brazill, 33, is a dual sports star – she was part of Australia's netball teams that won the Commonwealth Games gold medal in 2022 and the Netball World Cup in 2023 – and had previously spent five seasons with Perth-based netball team the West Coast Fever.

The veteran has played 32 AFLW games for Collingwood, while she also spent seven seasons playing and then co-captaining Collingwood's netball affiliate before it disbanded in June this year.

Brazill has been a terrific member of the Collingwood fraternity for a long time in both Netball and Footy. Will be a shame to see her go, but at 33 years old, l think it's a good move for the club and probably Ash herself, for a refresh.
Hopefully the club can get a fair deal out of a trade, which will get us a decent enough draft pick, and be able to snare another young talent in the draft.

Hopefully we can retain her. Like to see her moved back into the defensive group next season.

20 out of 30 are contracted

91e3c71d25378fed2c054d48c5379c50.jpg

20 out of 30 are contracted

91e3c71d25378fed2c054d48c5379c50.jpg

Looks like our list won't be cleaned out as much as it should be. Fowler is a surprise for me, along with Frederick getting two years. Sabrina did have a reasonable year, so l would’ve looked at one year, and looked to trade in a young ruck for 2024 and beyond....

Looks like our list won't be cleaned out as much as it should be. Fowler is a surprise for me, along with Frederick getting two years. Sabrina did have a reasonable year, so l would’ve looked at one year, and looked to trade in a young ruck for 2024 and beyond....

Sabrina did have a pretty good year. I wonder who is remaining 10 OOC are. Possibly those that struggled for games this year?

And we know Brazil is being courted

Surprised that Frederick is only 27, but like Livingstone at best she should be considered depth only now and agree that 2 years is 1 too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back