List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Will never happen, he wont put the club first.
Everyone in the work force puts themselves first, it’s human nature,especially these days.
He’s there for 2 more years at least so that’s the way it is.
If there is 10’s of thousands supporters who really want change something needs to be organised to address this problem.
Whining on a nothing internet forum is totally useless.

If you have a look at the team going into the game against the Giants, we have a fair whack of guys who could be struggling to make the team next year in the least.

I mean McKenzie, Boak, McEntee, Dixon, Lycett, possibly Duursma and Burton.
It really stood out after the bye that our bottom 6 players would struggle to get into a lot of other teams. With certain players down on form (Finlayson, Duursma, Wines, DBJ, Aliir), we were going into games with far too many weaknesses and holes. You can’t compete like that.

JHF on last night’s performance should be captain, the rest poor.

I’d ditch Burton, DBJ and Wines. Get a couple of seconds.

Bonner has to play wing.

Bring in the 3 trade requested players, plus a small FWD.

I would be interested to see how many supporters would have McEntee take the field over Narkle?
While Narkle may have been better, he's not a small forward either , Geelong tried it with him and it failed. We have Evans and Fantasia that can play the role , but both have limitations. We need to draft or find one.
Narkle is a midfielder only, may be a wing as well.

Sweet, Esava and BZT - all 3 are depth level AFL playersa. They aren't going to do s**t for us
Sweet is realistically the only one who may have an actual impact on the team. If he improves and is actually a capable ruckman, will be nice not having SANFL level ruckman each week

Too many players on the list with zero testosterone & shrivelled up nut sacks. Every year the epidemic of mediocrity, mental wobbles, & text book failure just gets worse & worse. To win a war, you need soldiers who believe in the cause & are up for the fight, not fragile, listless mercenaries who can barely blow out a candle between the lot of them.

My guess is the PAFC & Koch didn’t want to chase Adam Kingsley because he exhibits that classic alpha male persona which the club deems offensive & not in line with community standards. Make no mistake, the losing culture now defines the club, not our past achievements. Sadly, it’s evolved into a nice club, catering for nice customers, & not demanding supporters. They’ll never get another dollar from me until Koch & the entire board are completely disbanded. Ken can kiss my arse as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonner has to play wing.

I left the other disastrous final against WB hoping Bonner would never put a Port Guernsey on again, and I still don't think he is the answer to our defence.

Take Diacos, Degoey, and pendles out of Collingwood and they are still a top 8 team because of a great coach, game plan and overall list. We are missing all three, we relied on the brilliance of those 3 way too much all year

Bullshit

Wasn’t that long ago they weren’t top 8 even with those players

Take any top 3 players out and a team is poor. But yes we were reliant on those players to be special but that’s not about those players, that’s been the trademark of every Hinkley side.

We make football so difficult that it requires massive freak efforts just to do the stuff other teams do as routine. It was the same in the days of gray and boak and wingard lol.

This is the highest value Duursma will ever have. He sucks and we should trade him out now while he still has some undeserved reflected value for no other reason than constantly being mentioned in the same sentence as Rozee and Butters.

Lol. As a wingman his value is at best a high second rounder. It’s not like we would be losing out heaps if we back him in lol.

And the rub is that if you wanted to replace him with a depth wingman from somewhere in the league, even if you managed to find one that a team would let go they’re probably half as good as duursma and would still cost us a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

The first 4 I agree with, but leave Mead alone, he hasn't been given a chance. He is from a family that is aware of the true Port ethos so give him a break. The other 4 are Hinkley frauds so yes, show them the door

Lol get out.

Mead has played more games than both Sam Hayes and Jake pasini combined, 2 players in positions we had openings in and the incumbents were injured and sucking balls.

Depending on what is available in the trade or draft periods I'm prepared to change my mind re giving Bonner the lemonade and sars, for whatever reason Duursma's form has fallen off a cliff and there aren't too many running types who can kick as well as Bonner at Alberton currently, and playing Wines as a wingman has been an absolute disaster.

It could also depend on any (hoped for) improvement from Sinn, but even his most ardent supporter would have to accept he hasn't shown he is anywhere near genuine AFL quality yet.

Duursma had a horror run with injury, that reckless edwards tackle caused some ongoing issues.

As for sinn, that’s incorrect. He’s absolutely shown genuine afl quality. The issue is staying on the park. Not quality.

Recruiting Fantasia was a massive mistake, we took a gamble and it failed. I personally don’t mind Evans as he at least kicks goals as a small forward.
He’s not the real answer but like a lot of our deficiencies he’s a stop gap player.
Rioli is the only forward that you could seriously say has a pass mark this year.
When you think about it it’s amazing we finished in the top 4 with such a lack lustre forward line.
We need to address these problems no matter who’s coaching for us to be a serious challenger.

Rioli Spp todd finlayson Dixon and lord all contributed this year

Mcintee and Dbj were just failures

Fantasia doesn’t even deserve to get called a failure. That implies he tried.

Theyre the spots in the 22 we desperately need to upgrade soon.

Bonner has to play wing.

Burton has been a stable quality player for years whose form dipped when we decided to move him around the shop.

Dbj is a failure really. I would trade him if I could, some other team would likely get something out of him but not Hinkley. Don’t see it happening though.

Wines is injured or fully cooked somehow. He’s either untradeable cause no teams trading for him when he’s body’s ****ed , or surgery / preaseason will help him recover in which case trading him for peanuts is a dumb move.

I would be interested to see how many supporters would have McEntee take the field over Narkle?

How about neither. Neither of them is a small forward, and both of them get found out eventually.

Sweet, Esava and BZT - all 3 are depth level AFL playersa. They aren't going to do s**t for us

Yes all three are depth or, back end of 22 level players … but they’re in positions where that level of player getting picked for us will still be an improvement.

Every chance sweet is an upgrade on a fully cooked lycett.

Every chance zerk or rat are an upgrade on a fully cooked Jonas.

Yes none of them are stars.

Yea they likely are upgrades on the fully cooked players Hinkley has rolled out in those positions time and time again.

Will it make a massive difference when our coach is this bad? Probably not. It does solve 1 problem, the continuous selection of those cooked useless senior players ken kept picking…

Anyone reckon we should shop around Powell Pepper? I'm getting a bit sick of him to be honest.

It's all well and good to pull these miraculous goals out of your ass, but how about playing just one consistent game of football, with proper football skills and acts..

How many times did he fumble the ball last night? or run right over it? Isn't he supposed to be an inside midfielder?

Anyway, his value is the highest it's ever been after a career year.

Surely West Coast would be interested

Our list is on average a year or two and 20-40 games short of being a premiership age and experience profile. The brilliance of Rozee, Butters and JHF carried us, but they got tired by the end.

Hinkley isn’t a good coach, he has had his chance and shouldn’t be coaching next year. Equally this list is not quite where it needs to be to compete.

As to holes in the list, Collingwood don’t have a great list but are well coached and have confidence. Richmond wasn’t a great list but were well coached and confident.

Next year we aren’t going to be the match of Melbourne, Footscray, Brisbane, Carlton or GWS for talent. Maybe comparable to Sydney, Adelaide and the Suns.

Anyone reckon we should shop around Powell Pepper? I'm getting a bit sick of him to be honest.

It's all well and good to pull these miraculous goals out of your ass, but how about playing just one consistent game of football, with proper football skills and acts..

How many times did he fumble the ball last night? or run right over it? Isn't he supposed to be an inside midfielder?

He plays the position of starvation corner. If we’re getting pants’d he will look s**t.

His last 2 games have been worryingly bad, but theres as much chance of them moving him on as there is with Wines. They just wont do it.

He's crap and he's not getting better. Injuries haven't held him back, he's just crap.

Can't handle the ball. Can't kick. Can't accumulate. Isn't particularly fast or agile.

If you get nothing for him so be it. He shouldn't be playing next year.
Not sure how you can say injuries haven't held him back?

Bullshit

Wasn’t that long ago they weren’t top 8 even with those players

Take any top 3 players out and a team is poor. But yes we were reliant on those players to be special but that’s not about those players, that’s been the trademark of every Hinkley side.

We make football so difficult that it requires massive freak efforts just to do the stuff other teams do as routine. It was the same in the days of gray and boak and wingard lol.

Lol. As a wingman his value is at best a high second rounder. It’s not like we would be losing out heaps if we back him in lol.

And the rub is that if you wanted to replace him with a depth wingman from somewhere in the league, even if you managed to find one that a team would let go they’re probably half as good as duursma and would still cost us a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Lol get out.

Mead has played more games than both Sam Hayes and Jake pasini combined, 2 players in positions we had openings in and the incumbents were injured and sucking balls.

Duursma had a horror run with injury, that reckless edwards tackle caused some ongoing issues.

As for sinn, that’s incorrect. He’s absolutely shown genuine afl quality. The issue is staying on the park. Not quality.

Rioli Spp todd finlayson Dixon and lord all contributed this year

Mcintee and Dbj were just failures

Fantasia doesn’t even deserve to get called a failure. That implies he tried.

Theyre the spots in the 22 we desperately need to upgrade soon.

Burton has been a stable quality player for years whose form dipped when we decided to move him around the shop.

Dbj is a failure really. I would trade him if I could, some other team would likely get something out of him but not Hinkley. Don’t see it happening though.

Wines is injured or fully cooked somehow. He’s either untradeable cause no teams trading for him when he’s body’s ****ed , or surgery / preaseason will help him recover in which case trading him for peanuts is a dumb move.

How about neither. Neither of them is a small forward, and both of them get found out eventually.

Yes all three are depth or, back end of 22 level players … but they’re in positions where that level of player getting picked for us will still be an improvement.

Every chance sweet is an upgrade on a fully cooked lycett.

Every chance zerk or rat are an upgrade on a fully cooked Jonas.

Yes none of them are stars.

Yea they likely are upgrades on the fully cooked players Hinkley has rolled out in those positions time and time again.

Will it make a massive difference when our coach is this bad? Probably not. It does solve 1 problem, the continuous selection of those cooked useless senior players ken kept picking…

Burton hasn’t been moved around for ages, that’s an excuse

He’s just not a very good footballer

Burton hasn’t been moved around for ages, that’s an excuse

He’s just not a very good footballer
I think Hawthorn knew that Burton didn't have the ticker in the tough games. He was dropped a couple of times this year, but then had a few spectacular games (he's been really good on a few small forwards where he's cut them from the game I think leading into our Brisbane game over 4 games he'd held Charlie Cameron to one goal). The trouble with Burton is you can't trust him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back