Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melb, Eintracht Frankfurt.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/106361/default.aspx

SYDNEY Swans defender Lewis Roberts-Thomson is expected to be ready for round one despite undergoing minor surgery on his glute.

Roberts-Thomson underwent the surgery after experiencing pain when trying to kick.

He struggled with hamstring injuries for the second half of 2010 but had been training with the main group over the past month of pre-season.

Should be right for the 2011 season and continue on proving the doubters wrong.

How 'minor' really is this Glute injury? Its very, very uncommon for a glute to require surgery at all. Treatment is very basic...

Unless its for aesthetic reasons i.e liposuction or plastic surgery, surely his bum isnt in that bad a shape after time off the track?

How 'minor' really is this Glute injury? Its very, very uncommon for a glute to require surgery at all. Treatment is very basic...

Unless its for aesthetic reasons i.e liposuction or plastic surgery, surely his bum inst in that bad a shape after time off the track?

I agree Bez. Surgery on a muscle is rare. Surgery on tendons that connect to the muscle is more common. I worry this is more similar to the injury that effected Gumbleton that was more hamstring to back based sort of injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back