Matador Cup Match 12 - Queensland v Victoria - North Sydney Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Well go and buy your self a bucket & wait until the and of the domestic season to finish!

Sent from my D5503
I'm a Uni student. "Buying" isn't in my vocabulary.

Anyone think it's time for a clean out at CV?
Definitely. How much influence do you have mate? If you started something I'd join in without hesitation.

Definitely. How much influence do you have mate? If you started something I'd join in without hesitation.
Mate I am way outside the tent, but what is going on there is not right and its inevitable that our state side declines - District Cricket is not a patch on what it was and so on and so on.

This has been coming for a long time, now that it is hear it's a lot worse than I thought.

hahaha how is there sooo much hate for Victoria? Because our success caused that much hatred that teams have been waiting this long for a fall?

Pretty pleased with how our batting lineup's going(although you can't read too much into smashing SA and Victoria).
I'm also expecting Handscomb to be moved back to 8 after making some runs, can't have that.
hahaha how is there sooo much hate for Victoria? Because our success caused that much hatred that teams have been waiting this long for a fall?
I think you'll find that most of the hate is coming from Victorians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, most of it's been coming from the locals. Victoria have serious issues with development of batting talent, and have had so for years. Since the turn of the century, how many born and bred Victorians have made test hundreds? 2, Matthew Elliott and Brad Hodge. And they were fringe test players at best. Queensland have had Hayden, Watson, Love make test tons off the top of my head. NSW have so many I can't count them all. SA have more as well I think. WA have S Marsh, Gilchrist, Hussey, Rogers among others. The only one who has less (I think) is Tassie.

Then look at Victorian batsmen who have shown not much talent while here in FC cricket move and be very accomplished batsman for their new states in Klinger and Carters, compounded by the fact that we have very talented players (White and looking like Handscomb) that are unlikely to make it at test level.

No, most of it's been coming from the locals. Victoria have serious issues with development of batting talent, and have had so for years. Since the turn of the century, how many born and bred Victorians have made test hundreds? 2, Matthew Elliott and Brad Hodge. [snip] The only one who has less (I think) is Tassie.
Ponting, Wade (though he was a Vic by then).

No, most of it's been coming from the locals. Victoria have serious issues with development of batting talent, and have had so for years. Since the turn of the century, how many born and bred Victorians have made test hundreds? 2, Matthew Elliott and Brad Hodge. And they were fringe test players at best. Queensland have had Hayden, Watson, Love make test tons off the top of my head. NSW have so many I can't count them all. SA have more as well I think. WA have S Marsh, Gilchrist, Hussey, Rogers among others. The only one who has less (I think) is Tassie.

Then look at Victorian batsmen who have shown not much talent while here in FC cricket move and be very accomplished batsman for their new states in Klinger and Carters, compounded by the fact that we have very talented players (White and looking like Handscomb) that are unlikely to make it at test level.

Victoria has seriously underperformed for a long time in terms of producing players. WA and QLD have been better for decades.

Something not quite right with Victoria. Producing many good but not good enough players.

Victoria has seriously underperformed for a long time in terms of producing players. WA and QLD have been better for decades.

Something not quite right with Victoria. Producing many good but not good enough players.
And have been papering over the cracks with success in the Shield and ODD comps.

I think you have a few factors to consider. One, the shocking treatment of Victorian players by CA. Brad Hodge woulve been Australias best test batsman over the last 10 years yet he was inexplicably dropped from the team and never given a fair go. But best stay away from the debate of Brad Hodge

Also its harsh to leave Wade out of that list. Just because hes from Tasmania, he couldnt get a shot down there and moved to Vic. He was developed here and played some cracking innings for Australia. Took him 9 matches to reach both Haddins and Watsons century tally, and he scored both centuries as the lone century scorer twice, something both Hayden and Watson never achieved.

Dave Hussey was another one. Couldnt get a shot at WA, moved here and became a fine batsmen for Vics, and for Australia. Would he have contributed to Australia if he rotted away at WA? And he was also never given a chance at test level?

Cam White has never ever been given a real go by Australia at tests, and was dropped from the ODI due to one bad season and has been in form ever since with no recall

You mention Rogers, but when he moved to Victoria, why did it take them so long to get him back in the side. Dominated since day 1 since he got back in the side, and once again its too late to forge a proper career

Klinger, test quality batsmen never ever ever given a shot by Australia.

My second point is, would any batsmen I just listed, have been given as many as 50 tests if they had scored 2 test centuries in a total of 50 tests like Watson and Haddin?

CA has shot themselves in the foot over victorian players just as much as CV has struggled

Theres a lack of young developing crickets in the country right now, not just in Vics. Look at the batsmen next in line for Australia, Do any of them excite you?

Since Jan 1 2000.

New South Wales (11 players - 81 centuries)
Michael Clarke (27)
Adam Gilchrist (16)
Steve Waugh (11)
David Warner (8)
Brad Haddin (4)
Steve Smith (4)
Phil Hughes (3)
Phil Jaques (3)
Mark Waugh (3)
Ed Cowan (1)
Michael Slater (1)

Western Australia (8 players - 73 centuries)*
Mike Hussey (19)
Justin Langer (18)
Damien Martyn (13)
Simon Katich (10)
Marcus North (5)
Chris Rogers (4)
Murray Goodwin* (2)
Shaun Marsh (2)

Queensland (5 players - 37 centuries)
Matthew Hayden (29)
Shane Watson (4)
Andrew Symonds (2)
Mitchell Johnson (1)
Martin Love (1)

Tasmania (2 players - 37 centuries_
Ricky Ponting (35)
Matthew Wade (2)

South Australia (2 players - 6 centuries)
Darren Lehmann (5)
Jason Gillespie (1)

Victoria (1 player - 1 century)
Brad Hodge (1)

*Murray Goodwin scored two centuries for Zimbabwe in this time. 148* against England in Nottingham and 113 run out against the Windies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back