Match 28: Heat (1-6) vs Hurricanes (3-4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Final round robin games for these two tonight. The Heat look set to finish dead set last this season while Hobart's campaign has been a disappointment after making the final last season.

All starts from 6.40pm local QLD time! Although I doubt you poor QLDers will see it live.

Heat will need a big cleanout next season.
Keep as best XI
Chris Lynn, Ben Cutting, Mark Steketee, Nathan Reardon, James Peirson, Joe Burns, Shane Watson, Samuel Badree
Keep as reserves

Alister McDermott, Ryan Duffield, Peter Forrest, James Hopes, Dan Christian,
Get rid of

Cameron Gannon, Nick Buchanan, Mitchell Johnson, Daniel Vettori, Simon Milenko, Jason Floros, Stephen Parry, Andrew Flintoff

No need to keep Johnson as he's assured a spot in all 3 formats.
I've kept Watson as I believe that he may find himself on the outer of the test team in the next year.
Badree should be the only international they should be chasing again.
They will need to mainly target bowlers and there are plenty of good bowlers not getting a game at other clubs.

Final round robin games for these two tonight. The Heat look set to finish dead set last this season while Hobart's campaign has been a disappointment after making the final last season.

All starts from 6.40pm local QLD time! Although I doubt you poor QLDers will see it live.

Should be alright as long as I remember not to get there at 7:40!

I'm a bit confident about winning this one. Last years successful chase of what was the then highest ever BBL score was the first win by any Hobart/Tasmania t20 team in Queensland. However they have put 200 on us three times in a row now and looking back over the years a 200 score happens quite regularly when these teams meet. Should be a ripper.

Keep as best XI
Chris Lynn, Ben Cutting, Mark Steketee, Nathan Reardon, James Peirson, Joe Burns, Shane Watson, Samuel Badree
Keep as reserves
Get rid of
Cameron Gannon, Nick Buchanan, Mitchell Johnson, Daniel Vettori, Simon Milenko, Jason Floros, Stephen Parry, Andrew Flintoff

I've kept Watson as I believe that he may find himself on the outer of the test team in the next year.
They will need to mainly target bowlers and there are plenty of good bowlers not getting a game at other clubs.

Agree with most of that but I'd rather have Johnson on our list than not and I can't see them dumping Gannon either. Buchanan was dumped for BBL02 after two games in the first season and has spent the last two out injured the whole time. He does feature in lots of the promo and community work though so he may keep a spot thanks to that.

Keep as best XI
Keep as reserves
Get rid of

That's a good little summary. Gannon I'd probably keep, but agree with the rest. Who do you think they should target specifically?

That's a good little summary. Gannon I'd probably keep, but agree with the rest. Who do you think they should target specifically?
Well for starters a couple of quality internationals, that's what I believe has been the Heat's biggest killers this year. Every other team has had a solid performing international and the Heat have no one.

There are also some quality bowlers and batsman not getting a game at certain clubs. (Hypothetical selections, bolded are ones who I think they will target)
Adelaide Strikers
Jon Holland,
Chadd Sayers, Gary Putland.
Hobart Hurricanes
Travis Birt, Dom Michael, Sam Rainbird, Timm Van Der Gugten
Melbourne Renagades
Peter Nevill (back up keeper?)
Melbourne Stars
Luke Feldman
, Clint McKay, Daniel Worrall, Clive Rose.
Perth Scorchers
Hilton Cartright.
Sydney Teams
Chris Green, Chris Tremain.

They could do worse than the ones bolded. But I do think that they could go for some bigger name players.

Safe to say the 'cane train will win this easy.

Is Bailey playing or ODI duties?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Forrest will be there next year, doesn't score them at a quick rate, but most of the time he has had to consolidate the innings as wickets have fallen quickly around him. Has more runs then then any other Heat player despite playing fewer games.

More girls should have a high ponytail.

70.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back