Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that went almost as predicted:
*Just one chance needed for Vardy to score (That was beautiful from Fuchs, opposite side too!)
*Freakin' set pieces... just... urgh.
*Having about 40% possession.
*2nd Striker lets the team down (Okazaki first half, Ulloa second half)
*Boring, boring United.

The only thing that was missing was the 2nd half game winning goal. Darn.

It's amazing to think that I'm disappointed with that result... I'm disappointed about a drawing against United, didn't think I'd say that. They were there for the taking, and after a brill goal, we concede a tap in.

For all that possession, they did nothing. Flooding the midfield, and looked content for the draw. To be fair, I think the idea with flooding the midfield to out number us did prevent us from playing our natural game (Drinkwater and Kante didn't have good games, could've used King in there as well) as we had to come from deep. However, Ulloa should've put away his chances and clinched it. Really disappointed with both Okazaki and Ulloa, it just highlights the need of finding that 2nd striker to compliment Vardy.

There was only one player that impressed me from United, and that was Smalling. Kudos to the man, he has certainly lifted his game. Amazing what some gametime does for your development. That said... all that money, and the best you could hope for was set pieces? I mean, yeah, we're weak defending them, but I never felt threatened by that attack. To concede that corner... weak.

United played better in the 2nd half, don't get me wrong, but there was nothing coming in that final third. Credit to our defenders for making sure they held up their defensive work. No goals in open play since Arsenal. Still need to play better then we did if we want to go places.

A huge congrats to Vardy, PL record breaker!
CU6t9S1VEAECOVu.jpg

However, the record must continue, let's break Mortesen's mark, and match it with Dunne. All Time Record FTW!

My MOTM is Fuchs, did absolutely wonderfully today. He finally has made his long awaited contribution for a goal!

Now, we must win against Swansea away. No excuses. 4 points from these first two games would be a good start during these testing times.

Last edited:
Well, that went almost as predicted:
*Just one chance needed for Vardy to score (That was beautiful from Fuchs, opposite side too!)
*Freakin' set pieces... just... urgh.
*Having about 40% possession.
*2nd Striker lets the team down (Okazaki first half, Ulloa second half)
*Boring, boring United.

The only thing that was missing was the 2nd half game winning goal. Darn.

It's amazing to think that I'm disappointed with that result... I'm disappointed about a drawing against United, didn't think I'd say that. They were there for the taking, and after a brill goal, we concede a tap in.

For all that possession, they did nothing. Flooding the midfield, and looked content for the draw. To be fair, I think the idea with flooding the midfield to out number us did prevent us from playing our natural game (Drinkwater and Kante didn't have good games, could've used King in there as well) as we had to come from deep. However, Ulloa should've put away his chances and clinched it. Really disappointed with both Okazaki and Ulloa, it just highlights the need of finding that 2nd striker to compliment Vardy.

There was only one player that impressed me from United, and that was Smalling. Kudos to the man, he has certainly lifted his game. Amazing what some gametime does for your development. That said... all that money, and the best you could hope for was set pieces? I mean, yeah, we're weak defending them, but I never felt threatened by that attack. To concede that corner... weak.

United played better in the 2nd half, don't get me wrong, but there was nothing coming in that final third. Credit to our defenders for making sure they held up their defensive work. No goals in open play since Arsenal. Still need to play better then we did if we want to go places.

A huge congrats to Vardy, PL record breaker!
CU6t9S1VEAECOVu.jpg

However, the record must continue, let's break Mortesen's mark, and match it with Dunne. All Time Record FTW!

My MOTM is Fuchs, did absolutely wonderfully today. He finally has made his long awaited contribution for a goal!

Now, we must win against Swansea away. No excuses. 4 points from these first two games would be a good start during these testing times.
That Mahrez card is a disgrace, he is way better than a 73

Back