Matchday 33

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the Leeds stadium then I'd be more concerned about where the home fans are.

Appears the game was at Elland Road...maybe the Leeds fans are sick of their owner/the constant circus their club has become too?

On a slightly different note, I read somewhere last week, Red Bull were weighing up a bid to take them over...would be better if they came to Tyneside IMO. :D

Edit: Yep, it was at Elland Road.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32179498

"Cardiff City beat Leeds United but their goals were met by silence after Bluebirds fans boycotted the game. The Welsh club were angry with their "derisory" 500-ticket allocation so sent all of the tickets back."

If that's the Leeds stadium then I'd be more concerned about where the home fans are.

Rofl that's not Elland Road and a Hull supporter taking the piss out of Leeds' attendances?

Despite the s**t Leeds of gone through, they still outdraw Hull by a long way.

Appears the game was at Elland Road...maybe the Leeds fans are sick of their owner/the constant circus their club has become too?

On a slightly different note, I read somewhere last week, Red Bull were weighing up a bid to take them over...would be better if they came to Tyneside IMO. :D
That's not Elland Road. Elland Road is a rectangular stadium with one big stand. The one you posted looks like an olympic style stadium with the rounded seating.

That 100% isn't Elland road, Elland road is a rectangle.

That's not Elland Road. Elland Road is a rectangular stadium with one big stand. The one you posted looks like an olympic style stadium with the rounded seating.

That 100% isn't Elland road, Elland road is a rectangle.

I wouldn't know what the stadium looked like now, haven't seen it in years.

Though a few match reports are saying it's Elland Road which is strange.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...reports/leeds-united-1-2-cardiff-city-9025732

"Even with no fans at Elland Road, the Bluebirds beat a largely pedestrian Leeds side 2-1, thanks to goals from the Iceland captain and Sean Morrison."

http://www.football.co.uk/leeds-united/leeds-12-cardiff-match-report/5947429/

"Leeds academy product Kalvin Phillips marked his home debut with a goal but Neil Redfearn's side are without a win against Cardiff in 17 matches after the Bluebirds won 2-1 at Elland Road."

Further to that, the 'Revie Stand' is apparently visible in this pic from this article (which is one of the stands at Elland Road IIRC?)
2627079320.jpg

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...rn-dismayed-by-unacceptable-display-1-7206063

I wouldn't know what the stadium looked like now, haven't seen it in years.

Though a few match reports are saying it's Elland Road which is strange.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...reports/leeds-united-1-2-cardiff-city-9025732

"Even with no fans at Elland Road, the Bluebirds beat a largely pedestrian Leeds side 2-1, thanks to goals from the Iceland captain and Sean Morrison."

http://www.football.co.uk/leeds-united/leeds-12-cardiff-match-report/5947429/

"Leeds academy product Kalvin Phillips marked his home debut with a goal but Neil Redfearn's side are without a win against Cardiff in 17 matches after the Bluebirds won 2-1 at Elland Road."

Further to that, the 'Revie Stand' is apparently visible in this pic from this article (which is one of the stands at Elland Road IIRC?)
2627079320.jpg

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...rn-dismayed-by-unacceptable-display-1-7206063

The game was at Elland Road, but the first picture you posted was not of Elland Road..............

They're nothing alike.

9648760976_3c59ae8f23_b.jpg

Rofl that's not Elland Road and a Hull supporter taking the piss out of Leeds' attendances?

Despite the s**t Leeds of gone through, they still outdraw Hull by a long way.
Probably because your capacity is higher.. We sell out every game though. I wasn't sure the relevance of the photo if it wasn't elland road which is why I thought it was, even though I agree it looked nothing like what I thought elland road looked like.

Haha. What did I say mate? Result never in doubt. Hope you had some money on it! :)

Edit: Fell asleep last night. Reading a match report...Paulinho apparently MoM NSFB!!! :D:eek:
Money on Spurs?!?! That's like putting money on Richmond or Norf. No idea whether they'll play well or awful. No I had no money on this game.

Paulinho was better than expected that's for sure. Delivered a corner which was magnificently doubled saved by Krul (two thirds of the ball over the line).

We improved from our last game vs Newcastle. Conceded 19 seconds after halftime instead of the 6 seconds last time:D

The game was at Elland Road, but the first picture you posted was not of Elland Road..............

They're nothing alike.

9648760976_3c59ae8f23_b.jpg

This photo you mean Pykie? (seems to have disappeared from my earlier post haha).

CCUV-c6XIAEOQA3.jpg

I'm honestly not sure mate. Did a bit more research and it seems that a few are reporting it as Elland Road which is puzzling (if it helps, it does look like a corner stand) to say the least.

Surely if it was a mistake, somebody would have called it out by now? Would be pretty embarrassing for so many media outlets to report the stadium incorrectly...

A few other pics from different angles.

CCU5Uv3WEAAbfjH.png

CCaFPIdWEAAx65I.jpg

CCUUXGmWIAAD-_G.jpg:large

Money on Spurs?!?! That's like putting money on Richmond or Norf. No idea whether they'll play well or awful. No I had no money on this game.

Paulinho was better than expected that's for sure. Delivered a corner which was magnificently doubled saved by Krul (two thirds of the ball over the line).

We improved from our last game vs Newcastle. Conceded 19 seconds after halftime instead of the 6 seconds last time:D

Haha, that thought occurred to me also when I read Colback scored almost straightaway after halftime.

That's tangible improvement buddy! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because your capacity is higher.. We sell out every game though. I wasn't sure the relevance of the photo if it wasn't elland road which is why I thought it was, even though I agree it looked nothing like what I thought elland road looked like.

It's nothing to do with capacity.

Leeds despite being in the duldrums still averages attendances in the top 75 football clubs in Europe. If they were in the prem, it'd be back to where it was previously, in the top 25 and that's despite a relatively s**t stadium.

Getting tight down at the bottom. Carver only just now admits we're in a relegation battle? Absolute muppet.

"What I will say is these guys keep going and give it a go but sometimes they just might not be good enough." Maybe take a look in the mirror John. :confused:

I don't think many Toon fans would shed a tear to see us go down in place of Hull, Leicester, Burnley or QPR. Screw the Mackems though, hope they go down!! :D

Credit to Carragher for his roasting of Ashley. He's not the most popular man with some sections of Toon fans but great to see a neutral calling out the grub.

Asked if he could understand the fans’ frustrations, he said: “I can. It’s getting to the stage now, football is so big, there’s that much money coming in to the game with the new TV deal, and I am sick of owners coming in who are successful business people wherever they’ve been. They think ‘where else can I make money? Oh a football club’.

“I’ve had it at my own club Liverpool with George Gillett and Tom Hicks and it’s the same at Newcastle.

“People will say as supporters you’ve got to come back, you’ve got to get behind your team. But what are the owners doing for supporters?

“Since Mike Ashley’s been here they’ve been relegated once, they could be relegated once again, and I’m sure under Alan Pardew they come close once before.

“So he’s balanced the books - he’s made money because he’s a businessman - but I think of these people and wonder: Don’t you want to be excited yourself? I’m getting bored by Newcastle, but when you watched them over the years there was madness, there was excitement, stupid goals going in one end and then the other, but it was exciting.

“Now it’s boring. Why does Mike Ashley want the club if there’s nothing happening? There’s no cup run, I just don’t get it. I don’t get why he wants to own a football club.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...s/newcastle-uniteds-owner-mike-ashley-9077721

Those pics are the right stadium NUFC Tiger

The first stadium you put up definitely wasn't.

Pretty sure this is the one I put up originally though. Seems to be consistent with the other ones (same advertising banners, coloured seats etc)?
CCUV-c6XIAEOQA3.jpg

In any case, not really a big issue - the original point I was trying to make is the Cardiff fans seemingly were united in boycotting this game. Need the Toon fans to get that same unity. :)

Kreuuuzeurns perhaps the Toon army could take a leaf out of the Bluebirds' book?

Apparently your fans organised a boycott for the trip to Leeds (something to do with a 500 ticket allocation)?

Saw this on twitter this morning, looks to be all of 7 fans in the away section! Incredible effort if true.

Lazio did something similar (from last season) I believe.

1491618_847845588620478_72191991440259617_n.png

Sure did mate! IIRC we gave Leeds 2500 tickets when they came to us and we got 500 back. The stewards are also piss poor and the treatment terrible. Was very fitting that we took away the win.

Would be great to see the Toon army jump on board!

It's nothing to do with capacity.

Leeds despite being in the duldrums still averages attendances in the top 75 football clubs in Europe. If they were in the prem, it'd be back to where it was previously, in the top 25 and that's despite a relatively s**t stadium.

... How is it not due to capacity? If we had a larger stadium we would have a larger attendance. Our stadium sells out..

How much is it City and how much is it West Ham hating Big Sam?
I'd say at least 75% of the latter.

That was probably the most embarrassing performance I've seen by West Ham in terms of effort and work-rate.

Song snubbing the manager when he subbed off pretty much said it all.

The season and Allardyci getting the arse can't come quickly enough....

FWIW Leeds average attendance this season is 25,088. Pretty decent given the decade they've had.

The twats.

Not denying they have strong crowds, but it'd be like United saying they do better than us. We physically can't even begin to compete with any ground getting higher attendances than us due to the capacity.

Just an update on the boycott for anyone interested, despite the club reporting an attendance of 47,000, it appears that the Newcastle City Council Health and Safety Department put the official figure at 30,075 - which would be an amazing result if true (Spurs had 2,950 fans at the game).

Maybe it's clutching at straws but I presume it wouldn't be that far fetched for a City Council to have an accurate tally on the number of people who visit a public venue (for purposes of emergencies and potential evacuation requirements).

Just an update on the boycott for anyone interested, despite the club reporting an attendance of 47,000, it appears that the Newcastle City Council Health and Safety Department put the official figure at 30,075 - which would be an amazing result if true (Spurs had 2,950 fans at the game).

Maybe it's clutching at straws but I presume it wouldn't be that far fetched for a City Council to have an accurate tally on the number of people who visit a public venue (for purposes of emergencies and potential evacuation requirements).
Doesn't seem like it bothered the club if they just decide to fudge the numbers a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back